Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-09-2017, 03:19 PM   #1
Coz3z3

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2015 1LE
Mirror lights on?

Parked my car after work yesterday about 530 at home. went into town with the family in another vehicle and ended up getting home around 930 and as I was pulling into the driveway I noticed some light shining through the window. I got out and looked and the lights on the rearview mirror was on (the onstar, SOS, and the white one). I unlocked then relocked the doors first and nothing. I then got in, started it up and they dimmed because the lights came on and it was darker then when I had first parked it. I shut the car off and opened the door and closed it and locked it. Waited for all the lights to go off and everything did but the mirror. Wasn't too sure what to do so I went inside and did some research. Didn't fine too much except some older forums saying that the radio would kind of go blank or something and that they just called onstar and they were able to reset the unit. So I went back out, took it down the street about a mile and back and came back turned it off and still same thing. I got on the phone with onstar and they said that they couldn't really reset it because it was too late. I chatted with them for about 10 minutes while the car was running. Got done with them, with the conclusion that I should just unhook the battery and see if that works. So I shut off the car and opened the doors and all the lights went off. Even the mirror. Anyone else have this issue??? Is this a sign that something might be going out or is it just a little fluke??

Thanks guys
Coz3z3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 07:03 PM   #2
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Did you accidentally hit the switch and set it to on . There is 2 different settings I think. Its a rocker switch.
Old 08-09-2017, 07:35 PM   #3
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Interesting... Take it to the dealer. Should be covered under warranty for them to figure it out.

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
SummitWhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 09:02 PM   #4
Coz3z3

Where is said switch? The only thing I see are those three touch sensitive buttons.

Was thinking about taking it in to dealer but it hasn't done it since last night so I wasn't too sure

Thanks guys
Old 08-09-2017, 09:43 PM   #5
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Coopgt View Post
Did you accidentally hit the switch and set it to on . There is 2 different settings I think. Its a rocker switch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coz3z3 View Post
Where is said switch? The only thing I see are those three touch sensitive buttons.

Was thinking about taking it in to dealer but it hasn't done it since last night so I wasn't too sure

Thanks guys
Coop must be thinking of the dome light.
There is Auto (doors & remote), Off, On.

I have no clue to your mirror lights.
Old 08-10-2017, 07:37 PM   #6
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post
Coop must be thinking of the dome light.
There is Auto (doors & remote), Off, On.

I have no clue to your mirror lights.
Yup what Fred said.

What's this mirror light you speak of OP. Pictures help. None of my mirrors have lights .
Old 08-13-2017, 06:34 PM   #7
GVA 45TH 2SS
KNGTFALL

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th edition
His is newer and has the onstar buttons in the glass. we have the 3 onstar buttons on the bottom of the mirror. Those light up thats what he's talking about.
GVA 45TH 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 09:12 AM   #8
Coz3z3

Yes I have the frameless mirror with the lights in it. Will try to get a picture uploaded here shortly

Thanks for the input guys
Old 08-14-2017, 08:42 PM   #9
Coz3z3

This is the lights I'm talking about and this is the actual night when they wouldn't go off
Attached Images

Old 08-15-2017, 01:56 PM   #10
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
If you're still having the problem I would disconnect the battery and see what that does. After that if it's still there take it to the dealer.
Old 08-15-2017, 06:21 PM   #11
Coz3z3

That is what I thought, but hasn't happened since so I have no idea what the case was. But will definitely keep looking for it
Old 02-23-2018, 08:03 AM   #12
Mich2112

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
My 2015 1SS just started this crap yesterday. I cannot get the four lights on the mirror to go out. I do not have an ONSTAR subscription and the communications light is green. I really don't want the monkeys at the dealership taking my car apart as they put a ding in the fender the last time. Got it fixed with paintless dent repair, but took 6 months to get reimbursed for it (off topic...sorry).
Mich2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 08:04 AM   #13
Mich2112

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coz3z3 View Post
Parked my car after work yesterday about 530 at home. went into town with the family in another vehicle and ended up getting home around 930 and as I was pulling into the driveway I noticed some light shining through the window. I got out and looked and the lights on the rearview mirror was on (the onstar, SOS, and the white one). I unlocked then relocked the doors first and nothing. I then got in, started it up and they dimmed because the lights came on and it was darker then when I had first parked it. I shut the car off and opened the door and closed it and locked it. Waited for all the lights to go off and everything did but the mirror. Wasn't too sure what to do so I went inside and did some research. Didn't fine too much except some older forums saying that the radio would kind of go blank or something and that they just called onstar and they were able to reset the unit. So I went back out, took it down the street about a mile and back and came back turned it off and still same thing. I got on the phone with onstar and they said that they couldn't really reset it because it was too late. I chatted with them for about 10 minutes while the car was running. Got done with them, with the conclusion that I should just unhook the battery and see if that works. So I shut off the car and opened the doors and all the lights went off. Even the mirror. Anyone else have this issue??? Is this a sign that something might be going out or is it just a little fluke??

Thanks guys
Did you chat with them via the ONSTAR button, or on your cell phone?
Mich2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 09:37 AM   #14
Coz3z3

Chatted with them through the onstar button. Have to call during normal business hours for them to reset. They actually didn't that for me but it hasn't happened since