Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 1st & 2nd Generation Camaros

Old 03-11-2020, 12:58 PM   #1
Spiff

Drives: 1969 Camaro SS Convertable
Searching for my dads 69?!?!

I have been on a slow daunting search for my dads 69 Camaro for a while and have come up short so thought I'd do a bit of a start-over to see if any new info could be obtained. So if you are on a few sites..you may see this same thread but hope to "flood the net" and maybe catch a clue?!?! A little on the car in case it has been restored it back to original..Its was bought new and originally a SS 350, 4sp Glacier Blue w/Blue Int, center console w/o gauges, Blue Vinyl Top, No spoilers, steel wheels and the hockey stripes. Sold at Katina Chevy in Belair Ohio where it was purchased with cash. Shortly after he got it he added some 70s style Paint(hoping this sparks a memory with someone!?), A bunch of engine chrome(best friend had a re-chrome business), Front and rear spoilers, Crager SS's, Line lock and it may have had a built 327/375 engine transferred into it(his memory of what car that went into is fuzzy).
My father sold his car in Columbus Ohio back in 1973 to a guy he worked with at Worthington Industries named Bill Royster. Bill made no changes to the car from the custom stuff my pops added as he moved to Cincinnati and sold it around 1983. About 6 months ago, I tracked down Bill and he said he had some more pics and maybe some more information for me and he would get back in touch with me after the holidays...Well Bill went AWOL, I've mailed him letters, sent messages to every person on FaceBook with that last name and left so may messages to the phone number he called and left that it no longer accepts messages!
Before you ask..I dont have the vin. I have called the old insurance company, called Ohio DOT as I have a plate number(327SN) from 73, they dont have those records and even checked my parents old home loan tax info to see if it was ever claimed and cant find it!!

If anyone has some outside the box hints to help track one down..Im all ears!
Thanks
Attached Images

Spiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 10:45 AM   #2
RyangAsh

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Did you see if the DMV could pull records on the plate? They would have the vin...but since its been so long ago, I am unsure what would be on file.
RyangAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 01:51 PM   #3
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/A6 cammed-n-whippled
There's a facebook group called "Lost Muscle Cars"...dedicated to helping previous owners locate their old car.

Worth a try...good luck.
Old 03-24-2020, 07:05 AM   #4
Spiff

Thanks! Just added my info and pics to it...
Old 03-24-2020, 07:06 AM   #5
Spiff

Tried that, no longer records avail for that plate #..Thanks
Old 01-12-2021, 08:01 AM   #6
Spiff

New Year and the search continues!!!

TTT