Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 10-02-2014, 03:42 PM   #29
OneSlowV

Drives: 2018 camaro ss
Ls3 Vette all day. If you do alot of racing you are gonna see alot of other cars taillights in the Camaro lol.

2020 CAMARO LT1 6spd 11.02@ 135 dragy approved
OneSlowV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 04:57 PM   #30
TXLS3

Drives: 11' 2ss/rs ls3
Get the 09 vette. I was looking at an 08 vette for 34k and got a 2011 ss instead. I settled for ls3 camaro instead of ls3 vette. I still have corvette envy but I saved a ton of money and I don't get full use out of my ss so I wouldn't be having too much more fun in a vette. It was hard for me to convince myself to pay more for a used car than a new one.. I've always wanted a vette, still want a vette, and the camaros ss can't change that.
TXLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 09:25 AM   #31
1FASTZ

Drives: 1969 Z/28
Let's be honest. The back seat of a Camaro is a joke. If you need a back seat buy a new Chevy SS. If you don't need a back seat, buy a vette. The only caveat to this is that if you are absolutely in love with the looks of the Camaro, then get one. Otherwise, there are better options depending on what your true needs are.
1FASTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 09:49 AM   #32
matthew9440

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Personal preference. Love both cars. Had the same dilemma myself. I went with a slightly used Camaro and saved even more. Maybe you should look into a 14 Camaro used.

matthew9440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 07:15 PM   #33
CGMMonster

Drives: CGM 1SS
DO NOT get a 2015 camaro. Its like getting the 2010 mustang
CGMMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 11:18 AM   #34
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGMMonster View Post
DO NOT get a 2015 camaro. Its like getting the 2010 mustang
Lol, I can kind of see your point. However I don't think it will be quite that extreme of a difference between the 2 generations. From what I've seen the looks are pretty simular. Granted the chassis is suppose to be lighter, but I think it isn't as huge a differece as everyone thought it would be. Look at the Mustang. Everyone thought it was going to be a huge weight reduction and it ended up being nearly the same, if not a little more. It will get a preformance boost. A few pounds lighter and better suspension most likely. If your not in a rush to buy, I would wait until the 6th Gen release. Once they do the release, we will know exactly what is coming and the 5th gen will suddenly get some big price reductions and rebates. If the new one is a big change, you can either wait a couple more months for it, or if you hate it, save big on one of the last 5th gens. I know if it were to look like Bumblebee in the last Transformers movie, I would be jumping on a final 5th gen. The front end on the one in the movie was horrible.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:18 PM   #35
Z/Camaro

Drives: C8 and 280z/280zx/300zx
I was in a similar position earlier this year. Earlier this year I had a 370z NISMO and my girl had a brand new 14 Camaro 1LE. I was looking to get rid of my Z after an accident left it not as it should. So after I sold it I was debating between a Vette or my own 1LE. After getting discouraged looking for the right Vette I put down a deposit on a Camaro 1LE. A week later I was told I would have to wait for the 2015's in June/July. I pulled my deposit and decided I would continue Vette hunting and if no luck by June/July we re-order the Camaro. A couple weeks later I found a 2012 Corvette Grand sport in nearly the configuration I wanted and only 2800 miles on it. Traveled out of state and bought it. Couldn't be happier.

Basically you can't go wrong with either. They are both great cars. My personal opinion is that if you are getting a Camaro get a 1LE, it's the best way to go. For the Vette I would get a Grand Sport only. More over if you are shopping for a Vette be very picky about what you want. It's a used car and you should be looking for the cleanest low mileage one you can find. Check everything, especially under the front bumper. If you see too many scraps then obviously the owner wasn't very careful with the car.

Between the two I prefer the Vette. It's a sports car and drives like one. The Camaro is fast, handles well, but it's heavy and drives like a touring car. Given that you said yours is more for rain, meetings, and stuff like that I'd probably go with the Camaro. The Camaro will give you a little more ground clearance for rain and weight for stability in rain.

EDIT: reason I didn't just go C7 was to wait for them to fix first model year bugs. Otherwise I would have just gone that route in the begining
Z/Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 08:39 AM   #36
'01LS1

Drives: 2003 Pete
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicnkathy View Post
I just bought last Saturday a 2013 1SS/RS M6 with Boston sound system, polished 20" wheels,and dual mode exhaust with 1,100 Chevy owner driven miles on it for $24,400!!! And it's GM Certified! I bought the silver door and dash inserts used on here for $150 and the guage package for $379 brand new. I don't like leather so the seats are perfect for me. Now I have a virtually new car for about $13,000 less then a new car lol. Payments are $399 a month without a cent down. You can't beat this deal with a stick.
Curious how you got a payment like that? This is print & not meaning it in a negative way just to be clear. Just trying to learn or see if I am missing something? Assuming there was TT&L in addition to the $24,400? Regardless, that is one hell of a good deal you got there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z/Camaro View Post
I was in a similar position earlier this year. Earlier this year I had a 370z NISMO and my girl had a brand new 14 Camaro 1LE. I was looking to get rid of my Z after an accident left it not as it should. So after I sold it I was debating between a Vette or my own 1LE. After getting discouraged looking for the right Vette I put down a deposit on a Camaro 1LE. A week later I was told I would have to wait for the 2015's in June/July. I pulled my deposit and decided I would continue Vette hunting and if no luck by June/July we re-order the Camaro. A couple weeks later I found a 2012 Corvette Grand sport in nearly the configuration I wanted and only 2800 miles on it. Traveled out of state and bought it. Couldn't be happier.
Am thinking the obligatory photos of the cars side by side are in order for the op & those comparing the same cars. Sounds like you both have great rides & would be tough choosing which to take when going somewhere.
'01LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 05:07 PM   #37
Z/Camaro

Drives: C8 and 280z/280zx/300zx
Quote:
Originally Posted by '01LS1 View Post
Am thinking the obligatory photos of the cars side by side are in order for the op & those comparing the same cars. Sounds like you both have great rides & would be tough choosing which to take when going somewhere.

I'll try to get some up later. We just kind of switch off. Oh, took the vette last time, so lets take the Camaro now. Or vice versa.
Z/Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 05:36 PM   #38
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
Two totally different cars. Drive both then decide. I would not want a vette as a daily driver. They are loud, hot, cramped, annoying, ride rough, etc compared to a Camaro/mustang/etc. From a performance stand point though, the vette kills the Camaro in speed, handling, brakes, etc. So if it is a weekend toy, go vette, if it is a daily driver, look elsewhere.

I have a 2012 GT and a 2006 vette. If I had to pick one, I would take the mustang over the vette any day.

Friend with a 2010 SS Camaro has the same opinion. Another friend with a new c7 prefer to drive his old Mercedes or truck daily compared to the vette for the same reasons.
Old 10-07-2014, 06:19 PM   #39
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
Are we talking LS3 manual or L99 auto? If auto then I would have to say you are a die hard GM only guy or are in love with the 5th gen design to even consider it. There are two other brands that are way more car for the money for the 2015 MY. Personally I wouldn't look at a 2015 Camaro SS unless they were taking more than $8k off the sticker price. My vote is for the used Vette, 2015 Challenger Scat Pak, 2015 Mustang GT or wait for the 2016 Camaro. I know this is a Camaro forum but let's be real, the 2015 Camaro is not the best car to get for the money in that model year.
Old 10-08-2014, 02:25 AM   #40
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest T View Post
Long story short, I thought I was going to have a new Camaro, but the key recall botched that up so we bought another vehicle instead. Now I'm sorta looking at different options.

I found two low mileage Corvettes within 200 miles of me on auto trader and got me to thinking of other options. Which of these three would you choose?

2009 Vette with 17K miles for $31K
2012 Vette with 13K miles for $40K
New 2015 Camaro SS
Between your choices listed I'd go with the '09 C6... but if your budget allows or you can wait a bit longer, why not get a pre-owned C7? By this winter or early next year, you'll likely see some base C7 Stingrays in the mid-high 40's retail in still like new condition. I have both a Camaro SS and a C7... trust me, you'll never look back or regret it one bit after driving/owning the new Vette. The tech features and all new interior alone will spoil you.

Just adding another possibility but good luck on your decision.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 09:34 AM   #41
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSlowV View Post
Ls3 Vette all day. If you do alot of racing you are gonna see alot of other cars taillights in the Camaro lol.
Maybe not.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:23 AM   #42
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
For a daily driver, I would take a 1lE TT over a vette. Faster, more fun, more practical. Stock vs stock, vette is way faster but that is easy to solve. Vettes are good race cars/weekend cruisers.

In fact I would get a 2015 mustang GT if I was in the situation of buying a new car in those ranges.