Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 11-11-2009, 01:22 PM   #29
dc5-s

Drives: wew
Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post
Here is the data on Pete's suspension:

305-30R19 all 4 corners
10.5 wide wheels from Forgeline

Here is the Justice Pete Camaro package

CAMARO JUSTICE PETE XA TRACK EXTREME
SPECIAL NOTE: Racing Helmit and Driving Suit Not Included!!
Part # Pedders Component Price
160086 Camaro eXtreme Xa Multi Adjustable Coilover Kit By Pedders with 8kg/mm Front and 10kg/mm Rear Coil Rates $1,449.99
EP1167HD REAR ZETA HD DIFFERENTIAL BUSHING KIT $138.36
EP1201 CAMARO TOTAL REAR SUB FRAME BUSHING REPLACEMENT $449.03
EP2112 Zeta Steering Rack Bush $26.25
EP6577 CAMARO Front Radius Rod Bushing $198.59
EP7322 Camaro Rear Control arm - Upper inner rear. Possibly being updated $96.20
EP7264 Zeta rear lower control arm inner $96.20
EP7323 Zeta Camaro Rear Toe, and trailing arm links in and out. $96.20
PDUSACAMFULL CAMARO REAR EXTENDED CAMBER, TOE ADJUSTERS, FRONT CASTER ECCENTRICS & CAMBER ADJUSTERS $210.00
CAMAROSOLUTIONC 27MM FR. & 32MM REAR SWAY BAR WITH 4 ADJUSTABLE ENDLINKS Larger HD end links require enlarging mounting holes. Special Note: The 32mm sway bar is a Track ready bar and should only be installed on vehicles driven by SCCA or NASA qualified drivers. This bar may be set up to induce oversteer! $649.98
CAMARO JUSTICE PETE XA TRACK EXTREME PARTS TOTAL $3,699.40

Menu System Discount Estimate $449.91
SCCA and NASA Drivers Note:
We offer alternative coils for those trained drivers that feel they need coil rate changes. The Xa coils for the Camaro are 8 front and 10 rear kg/mm. Also the Pedders SOLUTIONC sway bar kit is a SERIOUS sway bar that, if the vehicle is set up wrong, excess oversteer may occur. We recommend this kit only for SCCA and NASA certified drivers.

Menu System Discount Adjusted Parts Total $3,249.49

For those of you who drop your Camaros a lot, keep in mind there is a very high possibility you will not get your rear cambers to a desired level. There is not enough throw on the eccentrics. Also the front caster is not adjustable. We have a kit that makes it adjustable plus increases front caster as well.

The 27mm front and 32mm rear bar is a seriously aggressive setup and if incorrectly set up, will induce oversteer. This is why we only want sway bar setup for the trained driver.

If you have any more questions, just ask

mike
dms
if one was to purchase this entire kit, will you provide setup details? IE, the shock, sway bay, and alignment settings that are used on the demo car?
dc5-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:34 PM   #30
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc5-s View Post
if one was to purchase this entire kit, will you provide setup details? IE, the shock, sway bay, and alignment settings that are used on the demo car?
We will do that over the phone.

Questions to be asked are:
1. size of wheels and tires all 4 corners
2. Your driving habits, how will you drive your beast
3. How aggressive setup[ would you want? agressive street, autocross, road race, canyon driving
4. How sensitive are you 2 tire life.

thanks
mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:58 PM   #31
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by YancyJohns View Post
Scott from Air Ride/Ride Tech just posted this.....coooool...
thanks for posting,
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:07 PM   #32
Steve1968LS2

Drives: 1968 LS2 powered - Bad Penny
Quote:
To give more data, we do not want to run our Pedders Camaro on a high speed coarse. The Pedders Camaro has the ability to fly to 175mph. But she does not have a 5 point harness nor a role cage. So we will choose coarses that are very technical. 135-140mph area, a drop in the bucket and easy to handle and deal with. Keep in mind, the Pedders Camaro is a daily driver, used to pick up the kids at school. Most of the vehicles at the Optima Challenge cannot say the same. Many competitive vehicles there were not suppose to shave the tires but it is blatantly obvious thsy did. Many were running the Hoozer tires that are in fact DOT rated, but if you go to their site, they will say they are all out track tires and are not to be driven on the street. The top 2-3 vehicles were flat out full role cage race cars and in no way were streetable cars like the Pedders Camaro. But the tests were what they were. The Pedders Camaro was by far the fastest Camaro there by over 7 seconds and it was a fairly low speed track that was more technical than high speed. Therefore power was of little influence, but suspension and tire set up was critical. a 6-7 second advantage is a lifetime on a race coarse. Without a doubt, our numbers will prove that the Pedders setup, direction, and influence is by far second to none in the Camaro Community

mike
dms
Your joking about the "shaved tires" deal.. right?

The tire spec included BFG R1, Hoosier R6/A6 ... those tires don't need shaving.. lol -- you can't really complain that cars were running tires that were ok to run in the competition.. Personally I hope they move back to a real "street tire" next year, maybe a 200 treadwear or 100 treadwear like last year.

And it wasn't the fastest Camaro.. at least two '69 Camaros were faster

Both of those '69s aren't "full roll cage cars".. they have roll bars (no cages) but are easily capable of being daily driving. Both the DSE '69 and the Jackass '69 have done long hauls on the Power Tour, so don't make it sound like they are some sort of race cars. That's just not fair.

Oh, can I borrow your driver next year?

Ok, now that I've busted you balls (in good fun).. I will say you car look killer going around that track.. nicely done and you have a VERY nice car!

1968 Camaro - 461 RHS LS 700hp, various stuff, called Bad Penny
1968 Camaro - In progress, called Track Rat
2010 Camaro - DSE Suspension, Baer 6S Brakes, Boze Wheels, Nitto NT05 Tires, JBA Exhaust and long tubes, Magnacharger TVS, 660rwhp Forged Eagle 416 LS3 short block, ADM fuel system, Lingenfelter GT-9 cam, G-Force axles, Anvil and Seibon CF parts, Centerforce Dual-Disc Clutch

www.fquick.com/steve1968ls2
Steve1968LS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:54 PM   #33
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1968LS2 View Post

The tire spec included BFG R1, Hoosier R6/A6 ... those tires don't need shaving.. lol -- you can't really complain that cars were running tires that were ok to run in the competition.. Personally I hope they move back to a real "street tire" next year, maybe a 200 treadwear or 100 treadwear like last year.

Both of those '69s aren't "full roll cage cars".. they have roll bars (no cages) but are easily capable of being daily driving. Both the DSE '69 and the Jackass '69 have done long hauls on the Power Tour, so don't make it sound like they are some sort of race cars. That's just not fair.

Ok, now that I've busted you balls (in good fun).. I will say you car look killer going around that track.. nicely done and you have a VERY nice car!
We were not competing with anyone. But there were mutliple vehicles thate with shaved tires, which is against the rules. Our tires are performance street tires, and not DOT rated track tires, that the manufacturer on their web site say not intended for street use. The Pedders Camaro is a daily driver and is used to pick up the kids at school.

Paul is a consultant for us, and this was a great opportunity for him to drive it in a all out way and advise us. We are very happy with the way she handled and appeared. I still do not think we got the official times yet.

mike
dms
Old 11-11-2009, 04:00 PM   #34
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
What Mike meant to say is we were the fastest 2010 Camaro at the event, but feel free to bust away.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 04:27 PM   #35
Steve1968LS2

Quote:
We were not competing with anyone. But there were mutliple vehicles thate with shaved tires, which is against the rules. Our tires are performance street tires, and not DOT rated track tires, that the manufacturer on their web site say not intended for street use. The Pedders Camaro is a daily driver and is used to pick up the kids at school.

Paul is a consultant for us, and this was a great opportunity for him to drive it in a all out way and advise us. We are very happy with the way she handled and appeared. I still do not think we got the official times yet.

mike
dms
Who had these "shaved tires" you mention???

Maybe you don't understand what a shaved tire is.. if so that's ok.. I just don't want people to get confused.

Your car was badass and Paul drove the crap out of it..

2010 Camaro - DSE Suspension, Baer 6S Brakes, Boze Wheels, Nitto NT05 Tires, JBA Exhaust and long tubes, Magnacharger TVS, 660rwhp Forged Eagle 416 LS3 short block, ADM fuel system, Lingenfelter GT-9 cam, G-Force axles, Anvil and Seibon CF parts, Centerforce Dual-Disc Clutch

Old 11-11-2009, 04:28 PM   #36
Steve1968LS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
What Mike meant to say is we were the fastest 2010 Camaro at the event, but feel free to bust away.
lol... hey us "old Camaro" guys gotta keep you "new Camaro" guys in line..

And yes, I do believe you had the fastest 2010 times. You were in the exhibition class though, right?

Old 11-11-2009, 04:34 PM   #37
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
lol... hey us "old Camaro" guys gotta keep you "new Camaro" guys in line..

And yes, I do believe you had the fastest 2010 times. You were in the exhibition class though, right?
You are are correct. We were honest, and joined the exhibition class. The event was all about showing how the Pedders Camaro can handle. Paul did an exceptionally fine job of it. I especially enjoyed seeing the ZR1 behind it and not being able to follow the same line, and had a lot of understeer, and body role, compared to the Pedders Camaro. I do not know what the ZR1 had in terms of mods. I assume we can find out. I still have not heard the lap times and such. As far as I know the Pedders Camaro was in the top 3-4 fastest times. I do not think any of the top 3 could say their rides are totally streetable and would be used for daily driving to pick the kids up from school

mike
dms

mike
dms
Old 11-11-2009, 04:47 PM   #38
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Good vid... Nice job on the Fairlane too
Quote:

Bad Penny, absolutely love it! Enough @ss kissin LOL... What did the 1st gen's weigh?
Old 11-11-2009, 05:45 PM   #39
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Thumbs up

All those cars ripped it up.
I've seen videos of Steve's Penny and that thing is NASTY! DSE has some cars out there, as usual and ripped it up as well. I've seen Yancy's car in some of these videos. Jack Ass ripped from what I've seen. Fesler's 2010 Camaro moves out pretty good too! Someday I'll make it out there to SEMA and this Optima Challenge, either with a car or as a spectator!!
GOOD JOB GUYS!!
tones2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 06:01 PM   #40
PartsGedder

Drives: -
Quote:
Nice video. Thanks for the link.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:03 PM   #41
Steve1968LS2

Quote:
You are are correct. We were honest, and joined the exhibition class. The event was all about showing how the Pedders Camaro can handle. Paul did an exceptionally fine job of it. I especially enjoyed seeing the ZR1 behind it and not being able to follow the same line, and had a lot of understeer, and body role, compared to the Pedders Camaro. I do not know what the ZR1 had in terms of mods. I assume we can find out. I still have not heard the lap times and such. As far as I know the Pedders Camaro was in the top 3-4 fastest times. I do not think any of the top 3 could say their rides are totally streetable and would be used for daily driving to pick the kids up from school

mike
dms
The instructors at Spring Mountain can wheel thier stock ZR1s around the 2.2 course in about 1:41

As the for the top three (four if you count me) I would say you're are completely right on the Cobra, that was a race car.

However the both '69 Camaros are easily considered street cars. Heck, Stacy at DSE drives that '69 all over the place. The yellow '69 did the Hot Rob Power Tour long haul of over 2000 miles. Full interior, AC all the creature comforts (and an LS9.. lol). My car is more on the stripped down side.. but still a street car.

Anyways, I though you guys did great with your 2010 Camaro and certainly showed that it can haul ass around that track when in the right hands.

So who had the shaved tires?

Old 11-11-2009, 06:05 PM   #42
Steve1968LS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Good vid... Nice job on the Fairlane too

Bad Penny, absolutely love it! Enough @ss kissin LOL... What did the 1st gen's weigh?
Cool story is that the Fairlane use to be mine too.. I build it when I worked at PHR.

My '68 is only 6300 without driver.. the DSE and Jackass cars are most likely in the 6500 to 6600 range sans driver due to having AC and in the case of Jackass a blower and such.

I imagine Pedders Camaro has to be near 4,000 lbs.. so getting those laps times is no small feat.