Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 07-21-2015, 01:51 PM   #15
15cammedSS

Drives: 2015 2SS....white
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
What we have found is that this only 2015's, however it might affect a few late '14's.

The New Versions are out in the Warehouse - they should be ready to Ship in the next couple of days!

hey TC........whats the setup on the red Camaro in your signature? wheels and suspension.....me like!!!
15cammedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 01:54 PM   #16
straka

Drives: 2015 SS
I'm a victim of the issue as well, bmr has made an RMA for me and im awaiting the new springs.
straka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 06:24 PM   #17
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
I was thinking about just lowering the front 1" Bad idea or ok idea? I want the raked look but don't want to slam the whole car down.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 08:34 PM   #18
acr3

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
VTS, install the 1" drop springs front only & see how you like it. Be sure to let it settle before drawing any conclusions.
acr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 10:38 PM   #19
dreadpyrat

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Wow, this is fantastic info, Thank you kindly to everyone for the feedback! Last question, which I'm fairly certain I read about in another thread but: am I going to need a spring compressor for this?
dreadpyrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 09:17 AM   #20
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
You do not need a spring compressor. However, I would not recommend installing a 1" drop on the front. You are going to throw your weight distribution forward and screw up your handling.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 09:57 AM   #21
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
For a commuter car, I don't think the handling will be affected much. Lowering the front a little would be a tiny shift, it's the difference in spring rates between front and rear that would worry me.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 01:47 PM   #22
dreadpyrat

Resurrecting this thread as I recently purchased a set of 1" Hotchkis lowering springs from Phastek. 2 questions now:

1. How long does a lowering job take for a novice? Am I looking at a couple of hours? Less? A lot more?
2. How soon after will I need the alignment?
Old 10-06-2015, 01:59 PM   #23
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadpyrat View Post
Resurrecting this thread as I recently purchased a set of 1" Hotchkis lowering springs from Phastek. 2 questions now:

1. How long does a lowering job take for a novice? Am I looking at a couple of hours? Less? A lot more?
For a novice I would plan for 3-4 hours. You want to do it within a day or two. Once the car is lowered your alignment is off so if you do a whole lot of driving you are going to wear your tires unevenly. But you want to give the springs a little bit of time to settle.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 02:49 PM   #24
Sales@Phastek

Drives: 2016 1SS
Quote:

dredpyrat,

1. Here is a video that might help ya. A few hours should be good. I might make it look easy but I have done it a few times. Really not that bad to do.

2. I personally would not go any longer then maybe 100 miles before a new alignment is needed. Dont want to damage the tires, Pirelli's are not cheap, if you keep the same brand.

Thank you,
Ricardo
Old 10-06-2015, 02:54 PM   #25
dreadpyrat

Hey Ricardo thanks for the reply and the video! I've actually been watching that for a week or so now so funny that you should be the one to reply to this thread! Ok, sounds like a few hours for the job, and then I'll take it in for an alignment as soon as I can afterwards. Thanks again!!
Old 10-06-2015, 03:05 PM   #26
Sales@Phastek

Drives: 2016 1SS
Quote:
Hey Ricardo thanks for the reply and the video! I've actually been watching that for a week or so now so funny that you should be the one to reply to this thread! Ok, sounds like a few hours for the job, and then I'll take it in for an alignment as soon as I can afterwards. Thanks again!!
dreadpyrat,

Nice

A few hours and some cold ones should get you through the install. Then just sit back and enjoy.

Thank you,
Ricardo