Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 05-17-2011, 02:33 PM   #127
Fightinfire921

Drives: GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to Fightinfire921
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyj9h View Post
honestly not to be rude it just sounds like a bunch of excuses and that gm has thrown in the towel and that we just have to accept how they build things......my response to expenses is get it done it is there job isnt it?

I'm going to say this so Scott doesn't have to, "I haven't seen you in any of the board meetings."
Fightinfire921 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:40 PM   #128
Blizzard
Searching for the truth

Drives: 85 K-10, 13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post
Yeah bud, I just read that too. The Camaro is just always stuck getting left overs and hand me downs, now the chassis they intended to use is being fattened up by Cadillac. If GM enters the ring with a 4000lbs pony car while Ford is intending to go lightweight this time, it will be over before it started. It starts with the Chassis, and the Alpha is (so I hear) a lightweight chassis but it won't be if Caddy keeps adding its own touches to it. This is something Ford seen coming if they were to share platforms with the Falcon. Since the Falcon is either gone and replaced by the Mustang down under (most likely) it leaves the Mustang completely free of the sedan market. The Falcon could come back in 2014 and share the Mustang's new chassis (also likely and even better) and would make a very lightweight sedan but a horrible 4 door... I don't know at this point, kinda pissed at Caddy to tell you the truth...
Before we go all doom and gloom about something that may happen to the Camaro 5+ years from now, lets stop and remember that Chevy and GM both know that a 2 ton monster wont make it in the pony car market. If anything has been done with respect to the 6th gen its just been talk and ideas. Right now the only thing we, as the consumer, can do is drive the development of a "possible" Z28. I use "possible" since Number3 hates when we say Z28 like its a real thing.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:42 PM   #129
anthonyj9h
"First There"

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYKOFF69Z View Post

I'm going to say this so Scott doesn't have to, "I haven't seen you in any of the board meetings."
lol i dont have to be im the consumer and the one buying their product ppl seem to forget that

it is written......
anthonyj9h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:01 PM   #130
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
Before we go all doom and gloom about something that may happen to the Camaro 5+ years from now, lets stop and remember that Chevy and GM both know that a 2 ton monster wont make it in the pony car market. If anything has been done with respect to the 6th gen its just been talk and ideas. Right now the only thing we, as the consumer, can do is drive the development of a "possible" Z28. I use "possible" since Number3 hates when we say Z28 like its a real thing.
Well spoken, were on a roll here too. I think Number 3 will chime in here soon and critique our ideas so lets get our ideas up here so he can give us thumbs up/thumbs down and we can keep going/correct what ever needs to be.

We also need to form a Z committee and get organized, we, the body, should vote for one moderator as the head and from there he delegates task to the body. Everything from advertisement, promotions, drivetrain figures, transmission specs, R&D, Estimated MSRP and so on... Sounds like fun and I am bored...
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:12 PM   #131
anthonyj9h
"First There"

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss
honestly id like a new head design, (my tranny), slimmer body chasis, engine output of about 520 hp and 460lbs of tq, mag suspen, keep the angle eyes, functional hood keeps engine bay temps low for higher rpm sustainment, above 8000 rpm redline, nothing bigger than a 4.8 liter, computer sensing momentum output of the car around corners to use optimum cornering for the engine, exhaust escaping on the sides behind the driver door but not to close,hmmmmmm and about 43,000 msrp.

it is written......
anthonyj9h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 05:04 PM   #132
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
I

Edit: By the way, I have heard that the 6th Gen Camaro is going back to the swept look that the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Gens had. That rumor received a 50/50 response, I am still on the /
Yuck!!!!!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 05:40 PM   #133
thePill
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Yuck!!!!!
Quotes from the quoter
Quote:
the 6th gen Camaro's design language will return to the sporty low slung looks of the 2nd through 4th gen F-body.......

........It's not going to look like a 4th gen. I'm not really a fan either. The point is that it'll go back to the swoopy styling and proportions that have marked the F-car for 3 generations.
Definitely not to be taken as fact but fun to read.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:49 PM   #134
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
Quote:
Yuck!!!!!
Old 05-17-2011, 06:01 PM   #135
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Notice Number 3's comments on decontenting the ZL1 to a Z28. The fewer changes the quicker the realities.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:18 PM   #136
Fightinfire921

Drives: GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to Fightinfire921
Quote:
Notice Number 3's comments on decontenting the ZL1 to a Z28. The fewer changes the quicker the realities.
Fightinfire921 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:31 PM   #137
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Those teams are doing something with the suspensions mounting points that are making the cars handle very, very well.
Yup. They're called solid sub-frame mounting-point bushings...GREAT for racing. HORRIBLE for the comfort demanded of a street car.

Quote:
I would say that the 6th Gen Camaro adopts the Corvette's chassis so they could start with a very lightweight setup. They could easily reach 3200lbs with an Ecotec 2.0 and cost would still be mitigated because it still is technically global. I doubt anyone on Team Corvette would want to hear any of that though...
Y-Body is not flexible. It's simply a Corvette.

They'd need to design an entirely new RWD platform...

But we're still not sure what we're reading. If it's the Alpha CTS-V that is reaching 4000 lbs...that's already an improvement on the current model. Who knows what the rumor is about?...
Old 05-17-2011, 11:52 PM   #138
thePill
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Yup. They're called solid sub-frame mounting-point bushings...GREAT for racing. HORRIBLE for the comfort demanded of a street car.

Y-Body is not flexible. It's simply a Corvette.

They'd need to design an entirely new RWD platform...

But we're still not sure what we're reading. If it's the Alpha CTS-V that is reaching 4000 lbs...that's already an improvement on the current model. Who knows what the rumor is about?...
Gotcha, read into the Corvette chassis in depth last night...

and, I am also reading that that 4000lbs maybe the AWD version so that's not too shabby if its an AWD, TT V6, 4 door sedan. If it is the CTS-V that means the 2SS Camaro could easily see a 260lb weight loss. I have no idea how much the 2012 Camaro 2SS weighs this year though but I think it is around 3910. Still, that's about 3650lbs...way better than before...

Last edited by thePill; 05-18-2011 at 12:13 AM.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:58 PM   #139
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
ugh.....
Old 05-18-2011, 08:03 AM   #140
Blizzard
Searching for the truth

Drives: 85 K-10, 13 1LE
Quote:
Well spoken, were on a roll here too. I think Number 3 will chime in here soon and critique our ideas so lets get our ideas up here so he can give us thumbs up/thumbs down and we can keep going/correct what ever needs to be.

We also need to form a Z committee and get organized, we, the body, should vote for one moderator as the head and from there he delegates task to the body. Everything from advertisement, promotions, drivetrain figures, transmission specs, R&D, Estimated MSRP and so on... Sounds like fun and I am bored...
I like this idea.