Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 07-13-2009, 12:59 AM   #1
Nitro Dave

Drives: 2010 RS SS Juiced!
How about a good dealer story!!

My wife and I knew we wanted to order this car from the day we first seen the Concept. I have owned more Camaro's than I can count so it was a given that when GM finally released this car we would order one. From the first day the car hit the market In October and dealers were allowed to take orders we tried to order ours. We tried to keep our buisness local to Waco since our company is located in Waco as well. Unfortunately the dealers here in our town just simply do not understand what customer service is or they wanted 10,000 over MSRP to special order one. It is unbelievable how these dealers are crying about how hard times are and they still do not understand that customer service is the key to success.

So I gave up on ordering it local and started looking on the Internet. This is how I found this awesome forum. On this forum I was able to find a list of dealers that had said they would sell at MSRP. Also I was able to find all updated info on the car with nothing but the most knowledgeable people to help answer questions and clear the confusion. Thanks to this forum and the members on it I was able to figure out exactly what we wanted to order. Now all I needed was to find a dealer.

Now that I knew exactly what car we wanted I continued my search on finding a dealer. I was really frustrated since two weeks had gone by since GM started taking orders. I called Gunn Chevrolet in San Antonio, TX. and talk to Joe T and what a blessing it was. Joe was simply awesome! He answered all my questions, was knowledgeable, and even called me back when he said he would. Joe told me they had 25 allocations and he would be more than happy to sell me a car at MSRP. So after Joe had answered all my questions he handed me off to Ken Sherington. Ken is in charge of the new car orders. I told Ken exactly what we wanted and he told me it was a done deal and to send him a 500 dollar deposit and we had our spot. Wow this was to easy to be true. I filled out a check and mailed it to him. We had our order placed by the end of October of 08. We ordered a IOM 2SS RS six speed.

As time went by I started getting frustrated with the way GM treated all us pre ordered guys. I started hearing bad story after bad story here on the forum. Including dealers stealing cars out from under people that had gave down payments and never got paper work. This gave me a bad feeling and I kept expecting the worse with my dealer since I had nothing more than a mans word I had never met.

Every time I was on the verge of canceling my order due to GMs poor buisness standards and how long it was taken I would call Ken for an update and the customer service was so awesome I would get energized to wait just a little longer. I would go months with out checking in but when I did call Ken always knew who I was and answered all my questions. As the time for our car to arrive grew closer I started calling every Tuesday. Let me tell you this. If Ken was tied up and I got his Voice mail he called me back with in at least 30 minutes or so. He always took time to look things up and get answers. I was blown away with the customer service.

Well after 8 months I was told I should have my car with in two weeks. As I was anxiously waiting one of the local dealers here in Waco called me at our buisness to tell me they had a car for me on there lot they would like to sell me. This was kind of funny since the sales manager never called me back when I originally tried to place my order through them. When I explained I tried to order car from them and I could not even get a phone call back they begin to tell me they were sorry about that but they would gladly sell me the car they had on there lot and I would could have it right then. I was very quick to tell them they were crazy. I found a dealer that had blown me away with their customer service and I would happily wait months more to buy my car from them.

Well two weeks went by and on Thursday I got that magical call that our car was at the rail station and would be at the dealership by the end of the day. I told them I would be up there Saturday to get it and needed the information on the car to have my bank whip up the loan. At this point Ken Had handed me back to my salesman Joe T. Joe tried recommending let them see what they could do financing wise. He felt like he may be able to get me a better interest rate. I declined telling him I wanted to use my Bank. My bank does all our buisness, home, cars, personal loans. Joe and I finished up all the details and he passed me to the Financing manager. Unfortunately I can not remember his name. I was so excited about getting the car the name just did not stick. Well now I was dealing with the third member of there organized team. The customer service was again awesome. The financing manager talk me into letting them see what they could do compared to my bank. He was not pushy at all. He just simply asked and I said what the hell lets see what you can do. To my surprise they were able to get me better financing than a Bank that has all my buisness loans. We set everything up and staged a time for me to be there Saturday.

Well That Saturday My wife, nephew and I drove 3 hours to go pick up our car. We met Joe T in person and he was in the process of training a new guy. The new guy stayed with us through the process of filling out paper work, showing us the car as well as going over the cars owner manual. Speaking of the owner’s manual. Joe had everything sticky marked so that we can quickly find things in the event we want to look up something later. After we checked out the car we walked inside to meet with the finance manager. It was very fast and painless. The finance manager had a coloring book in there to keep my nephew busy as we got down to buisness. He showed us all the optional up sales such as the wheel and tire packages, extended warranty, gap etc. He did not push anything on us and when we told him all we wanted was the gap he happily took our answer and moved on. This made me happy. I know that these up sales our important for profit margins and truth is under most circumstances most of the up sales are a great benefit to most but do to my plans with this car they would not fit my needs. We filled out the paper work and we were ready to grab our keys and hit the road.

My wife let me drive the car off the lot and half way home and then she took the car from there. We were both very exited about our purchase and the company we had bought the car from. It is more than a month later and we still are!

Moral of my story is Gunn Chevrolet is an awesome company to do buisness with. I had dealings with 3 different people and every one of them provided a level of customer service I wish I could have found locally. It was worth 6 hours of driving round trip to by our car out of town.

Thank you Gunn Chevrolet in San Antonio, TX!

For anyone that wants there contact info. Call My Man Joe Tortorici at 1-800-720-GUNN or 210-599-5000. You will be glad you did!

Here are some pictures of our little toy..

Last edited by Nitro Dave; 07-13-2009 at 01:46 AM.
Nitro Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:22 AM   #2
Countach

Drives: Future 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
nice story its good to see a dealer that gets it. I was lucky enough to have a great dealer in jerry haggerty just 2 miles away that i forget what it is like for some people who had some crappy dealers
2500 - 7/22/09 - Order Preferenced
3000 - 7/23/09 - Order Accepted by Production Control TPW 8/17/09
3100 - 8/5/09 - Order Available to Sequence
3300 - 8/5/09 - Order Scheduled for Production
3400 - 8/12/09 - Order Broadcast
3800 - 8/19/09 - Order Produced 2G1FC1EV6A9137780
4200 - 8/20/09 - Order Shipped
5000 - 8/27/09 - Delivered to Dealer
6000 - 8/27/09 - Home
Countach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:11 AM   #3
Amok

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Great to hear! I hope my experience goes that well.

Amok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:04 AM   #4
Camaroyoung

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS BLk/IOM
Buff Whelan Chevy
Sterling Heights, MI
John Weber

Great dealer. No BS. MSRP and they will take discounts you qualify for. If I ever preorder again, I won't go anywhere else.
Camaroyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:45 PM   #5
jnutt83@yahoo.com
WannaBe 1LE

Drives: 91 Z71, 2000 Z71, 2010 Camaro
Every body watch out I have a very bad story from my dealer that told me they would order my car for msrp. Ok so I seen all the dealers that will sell at msrp and before I stated calling a thought I would give my local dealer a chance. So I went down to Peltier Chevrolet and ordered my car for msrp and wrote the salesmanager a check for one thousand. Well the whole time my salesman kept asking me if I wanted my money back if I was tired of waiting and I knew i wanted it to sell for 10 over. But anyways the day came and I went down to sign the papers and the saleman told there was no way he could sell me my car that was built for me and sent to me and I already had a grand in at msrp because GM would not let them sell it that low.I was furious because I new that was a lie. So I still had to hagle with him. He told me if I didnt buy it right then and there that they were gunna sell it I couldnt let my dream car drive off in some guys hands. All I had from the day I ordered it was the print out of everything I wanted and the msrp price. I had him calculate tt&l and I wrote him a check for a thousand and he gave me a receipt with his name on it BUT I should have had him writed down the finall price and circle it and sign it. So everybody out there get them to sign there name by the price or call your lawyer right there. And if anybody knows how I can get some money back let me know. O yeah they were also kind enough to charge me with a $995.00 car cover that I have no use for because im drivin mine.
jnutt83@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:18 AM   #6
Nitro Dave

Drives: 2010 RS SS Juiced!
Wow... I have heard this alot. I hope these dealers eventually screw the wrong person. I know they would have biten off more than they could chew if I would have been put in that predicatament.
Dave
Nitro Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:25 AM   #7
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
San Antonio is full of great dealers... Gunn and Freedom especially!

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 02:06 AM   #8
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by JewelZ View Post
Uh but the rest seem to be gouging. And the brokers have there hands on a few cars now in San Antonio I see. Also jacked up prices there.

Good for Gunn and gratzz!

Remember the Alamo!
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 01:27 AM   #9
Blackend SS
Mauricio

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JewelZ View Post
Gunn Yes...Freedom was charging mark up and I bought my truck from them last year..... very disappointed with Freedom.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:10 AM   #10
Buckbo

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I switched to Diver Chevrolet in Wilmington DE after my previous dealer jacked up the price after the car was ordered. They even offered supplier pricing. Since I was burned once I was worried that once the car came in there would be a hidden fee but there wasn't. Chuck and Steve were a pleasure to do business with. Even better, the car came in about 4 weeks before it would have with the old dealer.
Buckbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:59 AM   #11
mrcowboy

Drives: SS Camaro RJT
I called gunn and they told me they have 200!!!! people on waiting list for the camaro?!?!??!

Yes, everyone seems to know how good they are LOL
mrcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:48 AM   #12
Blackend SS
Mauricio

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcowboy View Post
I called gunn and they told me they have 200!!!! people on waiting list for the camaro?!?!??!

Yes, everyone seems to know how good they are LOL

yea I am 123 on their waiting list..but ordered from another dealer that so far is doing pretty good too.