Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

Phastek Performance

Old 03-30-2018, 08:11 PM   #1
RyanAJ

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Transmission noises

Hey guys, I am new to driving stick and this is the first manual that I have owned. I bought the car with 10,000 miles on it therefore I don't know if some of the noises I'm hearing are normal for a manual or if something is wrong with the car?
So here are a few...

-When I shift from 1st to 2nd it sounds sometimes as if I'm hitting metal with the shifter, it makes sort of a thump sound as if when I push the knob down into second it hits metal
-When I push the clutch in, it will make a soft but noticable sound as if something is disengaging (which obviously it is, I just am not sure that I should be hearing this sound)

Overall, not huge problems. Just wanted to make sure everything was running properly and that maybe some sounds you wouldn't normally hear in an auto transmission, you hear in a manual. I assume it's just the machinery working inside the car, I just am not sure if they are noises that are normally heard as I've never owned another manual
RyanAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:44 PM   #2
bub

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE & '15 Corvette Z06
Similar noise here. Not normal. Having dealer look at it next week. Sounds like a bad syncro to me.
bub is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
noises, shifting, transmission