Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 07-13-2016, 09:50 PM   #85
Sherrycanon

Drives: CHEVROLET Camaro Z28
I would recommend storing your car in nearby storage services especially if you will be away a long or if it’s not possible to store it over at your house during the winter. I stored my car in ultrastor self storage http://www.ultrastor.ca/ over the winter while I was away. They provide a 200 sq feet temperature controlled environment to store your car. But if you are planning to store your car at home then the garage would be the best place. Before keeping your car for storage clean it thoroughly inside and out. Give your car a good wash and then polish up that chrome and apply a coat of wax to the paint. It’s good to inflate your tires to a higher air pressure before storing your car because tires can slowly lose pressure over time with the temperature changes. Change your car’s oil and oil filter and check the fluid levels before keeping your car for storage. Always contact your insurance company before keeping your car for storage because cancelling your auto insurance while keeping your car at storage may save money initially but later on they may raise your rates due to a gap in the coverage.So its always good to have a word with them.
Sherrycanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 12:26 AM   #86
chevy pilot

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 L99
When batt is connected,has anyone measured how much electricity a car consumes when it is not being driven?
50mA or more ?

Last edited by chevy pilot; 01-06-2022 at 11:08 PM.
chevy pilot is offline   Reply With Quote