Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-24-2010, 08:47 AM   #15
biojack

Drives: 1LT/RS,MRTv2, Injen
I spent many hours thinking of this, and it is one of the most fiercely discussed topics.
Few things
- Take what people say with a grain of salt….people are partial and biased to the color they have chosen; this should not sway you as much as it probably does
- Look at pictures..ALL OF THEM – look at hundreds of pictures of each color
- IMPORTANT! Look at all colors in real life!!! Some colors suffer in pics, but jump out when seen in person (IOM and SIM come to mind)
- Ask non Camaro owners which colors they like (they are usually more candid than C5 owners)
- Think about what image you want to convey, or what image makes you happy. A black muscle car, or rally stripes are significant statements. Check out links on the web that highlight car color personality, like this one
http://www.caamagazine.ca/caadvice_articledetail.aspx?ContentId=458
- Ask yourself how important it is to you to stand out? If you live in a city/town with 5 black Camaros, are you comfortable being the 6th?
And have peace of mind knowing that all the colors look amazing.
Good luck!
biojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:14 AM   #16
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
Quote:
Originally Posted by p1mp1n8ez View Post
Sorry guys, as you can see this is my first post here. I've finally decided that I will be buying a Camaro for sure and in my searches on the internet I've found this place.

I'm sure you have seen this question a thousand times, but I'm having a tough time deciding which color to go with. I guess it makes it tougher for me when you also think about other options like stripes, ground effects, interior colors, etc. I wish the GM site did a better job at allowing you to see your customizations.

I'll feel like I'm set on a color, then I read through threads here and see a new combo and totally second guess my decision. I guess it would help if there were a thread that each member would post a picture of his/her car in so you could scroll through and see probably most of the combos available.

How did you guys decide on your colors?

Welcome to Camaro5. Just pick your favorite and jump in.

Oh you might want to pay for it first as they frown on just driving off in one
Shuffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:26 AM   #17
gpholl53

Drives: Camaro 2SS RS Red Jewel
Color is all individual choice. Decide what you like and you shouldn't really care what others think. I make custom fishing rods and the same thing goes when people choose color combos for guides and wraps. They ask me for advice and I seldom give it -- it needs to be their choice.
gpholl53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:30 AM   #18
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
saw mine in the show room and said,i gotta have it.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:56 AM   #19
EMB135Driver
Jedi Master

Drives: Boeing 757/767+2010 IBM 2SS
I'd put them all on a dart board and throw a dart to choose....Maybe see a psychic or a fortune teller and see what they say. Color is a fiercly personal decision...you will get tons of opinions but in the end you must live with it, so you must choose. You have to determine who you are, what you want the car to say about you, and how loudly you want it to say it. Some people are all wrong for some colors, so you have to find out which one suits your personality.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:00 AM   #20
rico-2SS
Thx TZD.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged Custom Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmeyer View Post
Most will probably recommend that you just pick the color that you like the best and ignore other people's preferences. If you're happy with the color, that's all that matters.

That said, I think that the best way to find out which color you like the best is to actually go look at the cars in person. Seeing the colors on the web just doesn't do the colors justice. Use the Chevy web site to find dealers in your area that actually stock multiple colors and go look at them.

The car will be yours so make yourself happy - the mods will work themselves out regardless. Just depends on what you want.
You need to pick the color you want -
The photoshop threads may help - just key word search photoshop stuff
rico-2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:37 PM   #21
Chevyg1rl

Drives: Chevys
I bought the yellow because of the movie. Went back and forth at the dealer between that and ABM but my BF told me to stick with my original choice. I'm glad I got the yellow, it changes shades with the sun which is pretty cool.

The IBM is HOT, but (like black) it's tough to keep clean and scratches jump off of it. IMO.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:04 AM   #22
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Don't order a Summit White Camaro. There's too many around already and there YUCKY !
Has anybody seen a bad looking new stock 5th gen Camaro yet ?
I don't think so.
Attached Images

myold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:14 AM   #23
ROD1
Retired

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS V6 #1301 DOB 3/23/09
If I had to do it over again, Ide go with the red tincoat. Also you may have better resistance to the paintchip problem. Dont know for sure but a few members have hinted toward that.
Attached Images

ROD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:41 AM   #24
geminidreams

Drives: ABM 2LT / RS
Hey I was talking to another camaro5 member yesterday and we were wondering the same thing about the Red Jewel paint. I wondered if because it costs more for that color if it has more paint and clear coat on it so that the paint chips would not be so bad. My car is now getting paint chips by the rocker panel and the gils. I am going to add the clear bra to that part. I already had it on the front end, mirrows, door handles and lights.

As far as my color choice It was IBM or ABM so happy I choose what I did I totally love the color and how it changes in the light vs. dark. Plus now it's a rare color
Old 03-25-2010, 09:00 AM   #25
Maa107
Someone give me a Camaro!

Drives: '09HHR
I know its hard with all the combos so far my options are:
-SIM w/ black stripes
-IBM w/ white stripes
-VR w/ black stripes
-RY w/ black stripes
-Black alone.
Seems like every color is an option for me right now

Although if they still had ABM I would without a doubt get it with the white or black stripes...looks awesome!