Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-13-2008, 09:09 PM   #1
Evilkosh99

Drives: 2010 Black SS/RS
Accessories - Order now or Over the Counter later?

From the initial ordering workbook, it seems that most of the accessories (including the 21" rims/gfx/etc.) will also be available to purchase from the dealer after the car has been produced and delivered.

As such, is there much benefit to including these items on the initial order or is it best to wait until I get my 2ss rs and purchase some of them then?

Are there cost/availability impacts for not including it in the initial order?

Thanx in advance.
Evilkosh99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 09:27 PM   #2
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
it shouldnt matter, the GFX only come in one color so that shouldnt be an issue.

the only reason to order it with the car is so you can finance it together. (atleast only reason i can think of)
Old 10-13-2008, 09:35 PM   #3
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
it shouldnt matter, the GFX only come in one color so that shouldnt be an issue.

the only reason to order it with the car is so you can finance it together. (atleast only reason i can think of)
GFX come in one color, but I assume having them painted the same color as your car doesn't cost any extra?

I mean, if they're purchased when you order the car I'm sure they'll be body color. If you add them later (for the same price as when you ordered) they'd have to be body colored at no extra cost. Right?
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:32 PM   #4
RetroDude
Owner of VIN # 35278

Drives: IBM 2SS, A6, Leather & Sunroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
GFX come in one color, but I assume having them painted the same color as your car doesn't cost any extra?

I mean, if they're purchased when you order the car I'm sure they'll be body color. If you add them later (for the same price as when you ordered) they'd have to be body colored at no extra cost. Right?

Don't be so sure of that. If it's not listed as being of the same paint code on the order sheet you signed then they, your dealer, will probably take it for being an extra service provided from them and therefore, you may be charged an hourly rate from their bodyshop! Not the dealers fault if dark grey is not the colour you want. GM should've just made them primed and ready for paint ... as well as lowering the cost by 20% so that you could've had your dealer paint them to whatever you wanted. Not sure if this is true, but I figure it will happen to someone out there. :(
RetroDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:34 PM   #5
headpunter

as i recall they all come in a gre color, that is not one of the exterior colors, im sure you could get them painted somewhere but that is not included in the cost of buying them
Old 10-13-2008, 11:23 PM   #6
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
If you order now they will appear on your window sticker as an ordered option. (as per the dealer workbook)
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:28 PM   #7
headpunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
If you order now they will appear on your window sticker as an ordered option. (as per the dealer workbook)
true, and for true collectors like hylton that makes a difference. makes it more official to have it on the sticker. as a collector vehicle that increases its value.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:13 AM   #8
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDude View Post
Don't be so sure of that. If it's not listed as being of the same paint code on the order sheet you signed then they, your dealer, will probably take it for being an extra service provided from them and therefore, you may be charged an hourly rate from their bodyshop! Not the dealers fault if dark grey is not the colour you want. GM should've just made them primed and ready for paint ... as well as lowering the cost by 20% so that you could've had your dealer paint them to whatever you wanted. Not sure if this is true, but I figure it will happen to someone out there. :(
So nearly $2300 and they're not even painted body color??!! That's outrageous imo. The price needs to be dropped considerably if you have to have them painted also.

Anyone know what the price of the rear diffusor alone is? I could get the front and side skirts later, but the rear diffusor looks so much better than the standard that I'd definitely want it.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accessories, availability, order