Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-06-2013, 10:57 PM   #1961
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Then why not just throw on slicks if you still have the v6 brakes?

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:58 PM   #1962
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Yes but that's an auto. The auto's are a lot easier on the axles than the manuals. There's a bunch of stock power v8s breaking axles as soon as they put sticky tires on their cars. Hell, a guy I know who has a v8 making about 650 to the wheels (well he used to) broke his 1400hp rated axles
Understood that a manual will always be different but the L99 I'm speaking about has a stall converter and some sticky tires as well. Really it can happen at any moment. I have seen SS that are near stock year up some axles and I have seen some heavily modded SS on stock axles race all day long both manual and automatic. The only point that I'm trying to say is that at the Darkne's power level he shouldn't have to worry to much about his axels with some sticky tires depending on the width he plans and also at what RPMs he launches at. Really the weak link that isn't in the motor will be the trans gears and synchros. The suck when power shifting
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:04 AM   #1963
lscamaro

Okay so I need some help from the v6 family. I have about 3500 to spend on pretty much anything I want. With hopefully about 2000 coming in about 2 months. What should I do? If you click to the link to my build thread, you can see what mods I have done so far. Any suggestions?

Last edited by lscamaro; 05-07-2013 at 02:36 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:13 AM   #1964
nikos30
HT5 EastSide

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Okay so I need some help from the v6 family. I have about 3500 to spend on pretty much anything I want. With hopefully about 2000 coming in about 2 months. What should I do? If you click to the link to my build thread, you can see what mods I have done so far. Any suggestions?
seriously? easy FI.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:11 AM   #1965
butters

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos30 View Post
seriously? easy FI.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:08 AM   #1966
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
If i had $5500 disposable money, top mount SC or IPF SC would be in my very near future.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:17 AM   #1967
PoorMansCamaro

Double post
Old 05-07-2013, 09:18 AM   #1968
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
If i had $5500 disposable money, top mount SC or IPF SC would be in my very near future.
That's exactly what I want to as a retirement gift to self. Who has the best/reliable SC at the best price?
Old 05-07-2013, 09:19 AM   #1969
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quote:

Send some my way? Haha but in all seriousness I would suggest getting the top mount sc from RX, believe they still need a test car and bet you could work out a great deal like free install or something.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:29 AM   #1970
PoorMansCamaro

Wish there were more users of the stall converter. And i wish i could test drive a v6 with one.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:03 AM   #1971
lscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos30 View Post
seriously? easy FI.
Quote:
Originally Posted by butters View Post
Quote:
After doing extensive research and talking to some people I really trust in the matter, I don't think I will be pursing FI. Of course, I could always rethink it later but for the moment, my FI plans have been scratched.

Another thing is that even with the least expensive FI, I'm still at least a couple grand away. And I don't know if I can save up more since I know I have so much and I can buy so many things

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
Send some my way? Haha but in all seriousness I would suggest getting the top mount sc from RX, believe they still need a test car and bet you could work out a great deal like free install or something.
My car is my daily driver so I can't be without for too long. And last I heard, RX already has all the test cars they need.

Quote:
Wish there were more users of the stall converter. And i wish i could test drive a v6 with one.
Me too, I had been contemplating this mod awhile back but the lack of results with it have made me think it might not be worth getting yet. Maybe when I run out of things to upgrade but at the moment, I think there are better things I can invest my money in

Old 05-07-2013, 11:22 AM   #1972
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
After doing extensive research and talking to some people I really trust in the matter, I don't think I will be pursing FI. Of course, I could always rethink it later but for the moment, my FI plans have been scratched.

Another thing is that even with the least expensive FI, I'm still at least a couple grand away. And I don't know if I can save up more since I know I have so much and I can buy so many things

My car is my daily driver so I can't be without for too long. And last I heard, RX already has all the test cars they need.

Me too, I had been contemplating this mod awhile back but the lack of results with it have made me think it might not be worth getting yet. Maybe when I run out of things to upgrade but at the moment, I think there are better things I can invest my money in
is nitrous also out of the question?
Old 05-07-2013, 11:23 AM   #1973
PoorMansCamaro

it also looks as if you could work on your suspension more. like trailing arms/bushings, etc.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:26 AM   #1974
lscamaro

Quote:
is nitrous also out of the question?
Nope, I'm actually pricing out systems right now. Comparing the ny-trex kit to the nitrous outlet kit and just seeing where I can get more bang for my buck.

Quote:
it also looks as if you could work on your suspension more. like trailing arms/bushings, etc.
Yea, I got a great deal from a member here so I should be getting some pfadt trailing arms w/bushings and tie rods w/bushings in the next couple of days