Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-17-2013, 11:56 AM   #1
20sonlt

Drives: 2010 summit white LS
Timing chain warranty question

Hi all, I've been lurking the site for quite some time soaking up as much information as possible. Lately I've been searching all threads in reference to the timing chain stretchinf and I have few questions. My 2010 Ls has hit 76,000 miles and I've received a P0008 and P0017 code, long story short I took it to the dealer and he tells me my car has no oil it in it. I told the assisant service manager that BS because I just changed the oil a month ago and check the levels right before coming in. The offer to change my oil and cut the check engine light off. The next day my check engine light comes on and back to the dealer I go, followed by the same Assisant service manager telling me it's my time chain stretching. They take my car and call me the next day asking for receipts of oil changes. I ask why exactly do you need receipts because I change my own oil. He tells me to identify improper maintenance, what exactly is he referring to? Will I be stuck with the bill if I can't produce receipts?

I'm because I thought this was an issue somewhat across the board and well within the warranty parameters.

Please help.
20sonlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:07 PM   #2
Hannibal

Drives: Camaro SS & ZL1
While the issue is well documented here, getting a dealer to admit to knowing about it is another matter. Same goes for the 2nd gear grind/3rd gear bind, so on and so on.

Best of luck.
Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:52 PM   #3
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Escalate it......this is one of the most common issues with the 3.6. You have used only a premium full synthetic, correct? Also, look at your intake valves..
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:56 PM   #4
20sonlt

Drives: 2010 summit white LS
See thats the interesting part because when I told him "I changed the oil a month ago" I used synthetic. When they changed the oil, they used "regular" oil and even asked the tech to put "regular" oil in it. I asked why regular oil and he says " per Gm" that's what we use.
20sonlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:56 PM   #5
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Wether it's a know issue or not you still have to prove you maintained the car as required by GM. This is why you need to keep all receipts, to prove you did. With out receipts how does GM know you maintained it as required?

Sorry to say but I don't blame the dealer one bit for asking for documentation and unless you can provide it you may be SOL.

Sent from my 2SS/RS