Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-02-2013, 03:56 PM   #1
Jalberdi99

Drives: 2014 Summit White 2SS/RS M6
streetoutlaw

have you all seen this stupid ass show? i can stand the Asian dude, every time he speaks it makes me want to punch the TV. they claim to be racing on the street "illegally" but im sure does idiots are in a close course racing track. what you all thing about this show. they have a 1971 camaro z28 and a 1981 camaro z28. i haven't seen them race the cars yet, but it should be coming up soon.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:00 PM   #2
Brettzel

Drives: #null
Dont really think it is a "stupid ass show", but to each their own. In my opinion, it is one of the best shows on right now, especially for gearheads and race fans. And about that Asian dude.. him and his partner help make the show as entertaining as it is.

If you think the show is stupid, and the people in the show irritate you to the point that you want to punch your tv, here is a tip.. WATCH SOMETHING ELSE.
Brettzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:02 PM   #3
Jalberdi99

thanks for the tip, never though of that
Old 07-02-2013, 04:06 PM   #4
Brettzel

Drives: #null
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalberdi99 View Post
thanks for the tip, never though of that
No problem, I figured you wouldn't have.
Brettzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:39 PM   #5
white ZL1

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettzel View Post
No problem, I figured you wouldn't have.
I just love the irony of this...

Quote:
they claim to be racing on the street "illegally" but im sure does idiots are in a close course racing track.
white ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:45 PM   #6
PHXLT1

Drives: black Z28
Eh? The cars are badass no doubt but they claim to be "street racers". Now there are racing on the streets however only the farmboy can call himself a street racer. He's the only one who drives a street legal car. I find a little hard to believe that the cops can't figure out who keeps racing a 2000hp car. Just seems a little fishy to me or the cops in OKC are dumb as rocks. I still watch the show though, I mean, thoses are some bad ass cars.
2015 Silverado (mine!)
54 Belair (wife's)
2004 silverado (daughters)
PHXLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:30 AM   #7
Jalberdi99

i usually fast forward to the race or to where they are putting or changing stuff to the car. i skip all the drama BS and whenever the Asian guy talks
Old 07-03-2013, 07:44 AM   #8
MikeC5
Nomad

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS
They claim to have the fastest street race cars in the country, I don't think so, I grew up street racing and working in an engine machine shop, we recently had a street racers reunion and car show at our local Quaker steak-n-lube and guys I raced with 30 years ago still have their cars and they are badder than ever, we would race them Okies with our 67 GTO with rat motor or our 69 Camaro with a 582 mountain motor, or maybe just our 67 Impala Grocery Getter, come on Okies, come to Florida and bring your money.
But at least it is something to watch on TV, till Sons of Anarchy and Moonshiners seasons start.
Attached Images

Last edited by MikeC5; 07-03-2013 at 07:51 AM. Reason: sp
MikeC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:21 AM   #9
JasonK

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I really think this is just another "staged" reality show. The Police would have all they need on "their" show, to arrest them for street racing. Unless it's staged, I can't see how this isn't put to a stop.

I also wonder why if they are so connected, they don't have keys to the local drag strip.

Just like in the last episode I watched, the nova had bald slicks,..... this guy is in their #1 spot and didn't think to inspect his tires before the race???
JasonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:33 AM   #10
Jalberdi99

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonK View Post
I really think this is just another "staged" reality show. The Police would have all they need on "their" show, to arrest them for street racing. Unless it's staged, I can't see how this isn't put to a stop.

I also wonder why if they are so connected, they don't have keys to the local drag strip.

Just like in the last episode I watched, the nova had bald slicks,..... this guy is in their #1 spot and didn't think to inspect his tires before the race???
yep. i agree. just like the other show, i believe is called devils ride. the motorcycle show
Old 07-03-2013, 08:35 AM   #11
MikeC5
Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonK View Post

I know, how does he not have a fresh set of slicks for the most important race? when I was street racing I would have a checklist taped to the car at all times up until race time, nothing was overlooked, I always had spare tires and parts ready.
I think we are going to see the Camaro run in the next show.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:52 AM   #12
MikeC5
Nomad

Quote:
yep. i agree. just like the other show, i believe is called devils ride. the motorcycle show
yeah, the Devils ride turned out to be a joke, Gypsy quits as prez first season and billy the bitch is in charge, then he vanishes into thin air the next season, then comes back, and gets back in the club wtf? and that snubz character, don't even get me started on him.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:05 AM   #13
PHXLT1

Drives: black Z28
Staged? Agreed ....
2015 Silverado (mine!)
54 Belair (wife's)
2004 silverado (daughters)
PHXLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:10 AM   #14
The Blue Angel

Drives: 2014 BRM 1SS/RS
It all started with American Chopper. At a certain point it became too scripted!!