Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 10-17-2009, 08:20 PM   #239
RS-SS2

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 09 mini, 01 3500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
I guess I have worn a little worse than most. I have had rhuematoid arthritis for about 10 years. I will say however Orencia is a wonder drug, I am in complete remission. Even at 2k a month (preexisting condition on my ins.) it is worth it. Now I only have some really worn joints, but I think I will be able to start working out again soon. Right now about all they let me do is walk and bike ride
Should be in top shape for GA throwdown.
Well I'm glad you got control over that thing and on the upside you own two camaros so you've got lots of spirit and your young at heart.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:29 PM   #240
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Actually I am doing very well now. Just a little sore if I set in one place too long. Lucky I only have one toe kind of messed up. I was a strange case ran fevers, kind of hit me systemically. But I am getting back to my old self, I am about 90% now. I dont think I will get back into motorcycles, people in cars make that too dangerous and I have kids. Other than that I can do about anything I want. Should be completely off the prednesone in about a month.
I can ride my Scrambler 500 with the best of them now only as I am out of shape I am sore for two days. Just bought a RZR S now that thing is a blast
smooth as glass and runs about 65 mph. Hell it can out climb about any four wheeler.
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 08:34 AM   #241
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
YOU CAN CALL AND BOOK/RESERVE NOW AT THE HOST HOTEL. MENTION CAMARO 5 FEST . IF YOU DONT GET A ROOM IN THE HOST HOTEL WHERE THE MEET AND GREET IS CALL AND BOOK AT THE SPILL OVER HOTEL.
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 05:42 PM   #242
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Look forward to it. I will be the first to say I know very little about suspension. Seems to me the trick is to stop the dribble effect and get the tires to spin without the hop to maximize traction. Your research will be looked forward to.
Hey 570 you having wheel hop problems with the pedders?
May not need all of it but it is a place to start.
I still have some wheel hop. I haven't been launching hard to induce wheel spin since I still have the stock axles. I kinda soft launch it in first and floor it after I get into second. I need to start short shifting the car.. I keep hitting the fuel cutoff. LOL It rev's so freely LOL..

I am still waiting on one more HD set of bushings for the rear diff. They are the most important ones. I have the non-HD set that is for less than 450 hp. (all they had at the time). Non-HD has holes in the poly.. The HD ones are solid poly.

Damn boat is SLOW! Must be one of them Junkie boats from Hong Kong.

I am going to upgrade the axles next. I have a set of the BMR traction bars on the shelf. Going to try the BMR's right after I have ALL the correct pedders parts installed.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:50 PM   #243
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe View Post
I still have some wheel hop. I haven't been launching hard to induce wheel spin since I still have the stock axles. I kinda soft launch it in first and floor it after I get into second. I need to start short shifting the car.. I keep hitting the fuel cutoff. LOL It rev's so freely LOL..

I am still waiting on one more HD set of bushings for the rear diff. They are the most important ones. I have the non-HD set that is for less than 450 hp. (all they had at the time). Non-HD has holes in the poly.. The HD ones are solid poly.

Damn boat is SLOW! Must be one of them Junkie boats from Hong Kong.

I am going to upgrade the axles next. I have a set of the BMR traction bars on the shelf. Going to try the BMR's right after I have ALL the correct pedders parts installed.
I wouldn't worry about breaking the stock axles too much--I haven't. I have done a "few" burnouts in first and second. A few times I get wheel hop but most of the time I don't. I have the HD bushes and the 27mm sway bars on order also. I am hoping to do the axles also just as a precaution. I asked Pete or Mike about the trailing arms in another thread and they told me they wouldn't do much, maybe just the bushings on the arms. Let me know what you find out.

2.55 Upper / 8.6 Lower / ID850's / Kooks Longtubes / New Era CAI
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:16 AM   #244
600hp-lpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed74SS View Post
I wouldn't worry about breaking the stock axles too much--I haven't. I have done a "few" burnouts in first and second. A few times I get wheel hop but most of the time I don't. I have the HD bushes and the 27mm sway bars on order also. I am hoping to do the axles also just as a precaution. I asked Pete or Mike about the trailing arms in another thread and they told me they wouldn't do much, maybe just the bushings on the arms. Let me know what you find out.
I think we will all be attacking the "wheelhop bug" to kill it. I will go with whatever works..

I will post my results to squish this thing.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:06 PM   #245
mws444

OOOOOOOOO....Now the whole brotherhood is on this wheel hop issue. No doubt a solution is close at hand. With this much talent and money being thrown at it Mr. wheel hop is a dosent stand a chance. Look forward to some very insightful research from you guys. Maybe Junkie can add some of his experience form the strip on this matter.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:24 PM   #246
600hp-lpe

unfortunately, it is going to snow up in the northeast soon.. I think I will be delayed until the spring for fighting the WH bug.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:52 PM   #247
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe View Post
unfortunately, it is going to snow up in the northeast soon.. I think I will be delayed until the spring for fighting the WH bug.
Probably going to snow more up here also---can't wait until April!!

2.55 Upper / 8.6 Lower / ID850's / Kooks Longtubes / New Era CAI
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:59 AM   #248
RS-SS2

mws, how often do you get your 69ss out of the garage for a spin around the block? That sure is one sweet looking car!!!
Old 10-20-2009, 02:55 PM   #249
mws444

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS-SS2 View Post
mws, how often do you get your 69ss out of the garage for a spin around the block? That sure is one sweet looking car!!!
To tell the truth I am about ashamed to say I havent driven it since I put in the engine, trany and did the interior four years ago. Still lack the new wiring, have the brand new 12 bolt Moser in the garage, and the suspension. I have done all of the work myself, but time has been scarce with work and the kids. My son is nine now so I might just have to finish her up this next summer wanted to wait til he was old enough. The whole engine is polished, it is a ZZ383 HO with a little head work. About 450 horses at the crank, it is a blast to drive but it needs a little more work to be finished.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:57 PM   #250
mws444

Oh I did keep the original engine and tranny. It was a 350 hp 350 all original.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:39 PM   #251
RS-SS2

Quote:
To tell the truth I am about ashamed to say I havent driven it since I put in the engine, trany and did the interior four years ago. Still lack the new wiring, have the brand new 12 bolt Moser in the garage, and the suspension. I have done all of the work myself, but time has been scarce with work and the kids. My son is nine now so I might just have to finish her up this next summer wanted to wait til he was old enough. The whole engine is polished, it is a ZZ383 HO with a little head work. About 450 horses at the crank, it is a blast to drive but it needs a little more work to be finished.
Well you are doing one heck of a nice job on it. Will definitely be a keeper when your done that's for sure.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:15 PM   #252
Windy City

Drives: Not enough room here!
HEY RS
Momma says your gettin you car back this weekend, having trouble sleepin?
Can't get the visions of all the dumbfounded Mustang drivers out of your head?