Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-28-2018, 03:59 PM   #1
Swindle3234

Drives: Yellow 2011 2LT RS
Best exhaust setup for the LLT?

I’m looking into doing a full exhaust upgrade on my 2011 2LT Camaro. I was wondering what the best possible long tube headers were that were steel and had ceramic coating. Correct me if I’m wrong but I think BBK has the best long tube headers.

I was also wondering if I should go with an x pipe and an axle back exhaust or go with a catback exhaust. Whichever one gives me the maximum performance gain.
Swindle3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 04:55 PM   #2
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
BBK, ARH, OBX. Everyone likes what they buy, can't go wrong with any. If you do that, you need the Magnaflow 11386 resonated x pipe, yeah, for the center. Mufflers are kinda your choice for the tone you want. Solo Performance resonators are a good choice, Magnaflow, Corsa, Borla, MRT mufflers are all options. Performance is from the headers, not so much your exhaust. Maybe skim youtube for different exhaust muffler options?
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 11:31 PM   #3
Swindle3234

Drives: Yellow 2011 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
BBK, ARH, OBX. Everyone likes what they buy, can't go wrong with any. If you do that, you need the Magnaflow 11386 resonated x pipe, yeah, for the center. Mufflers are kinda your choice for the tone you want. Solo Performance resonators are a good choice, Magnaflow, Corsa, Borla, MRT mufflers are all options. Performance is from the headers, not so much your exhaust. Maybe skim youtube for different exhaust muffler options?
Thank you very much!
Swindle3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 04:24 AM   #4
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Stroll thru this thread too for more info.

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33104
Old 07-31-2018, 10:19 AM   #5
Tech@Flowmaster

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swindle3234 View Post
I’m looking into doing a full exhaust upgrade on my 2011 2LT Camaro. I was wondering what the best possible long tube headers were that were steel and had ceramic coating. Correct me if I’m wrong but I think BBK has the best long tube headers.

I was also wondering if I should go with an x pipe and an axle back exhaust or go with a catback exhaust. Whichever one gives me the maximum performance gain.
The addition of a set of long tubes will substantially increase the exhaust note of most exhaust systems. If your vehicle is a daily driver you may want to consider an exhaust with a more moderate tone. However, if you like a nice aggressive exhaust tone check out our American Thunder Cat-back and Axle-back Systems for your Camaro. Either option will have a deep, refined exhaust note, manufactured in the USA from 409S stainless steel and include a lifetime, limited warranty. Both options will increase the performance of your vehicle over stock, with the full Cat-back having an advantage over the Axle-back in terms of performance. This advantage is mainly due to the Flowmaster Scavenger X-pipe that is part of the Cat-back System. I have included links below to both options as well as a short video on the Flowmaster American Thunder Axle-back System, part# 817483. If you have any questions or need additional recommendations please give us a call at 707-544-4761.

- Jason @ Flowmaster
Tech@Flowmaster is offline   Reply With Quote