Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

View Poll Results: Orginal Bumper or the New SS Bumper (BumperGate Has begun)
Original Front Bumper 53 37.86%
SS Prototype Bumper/Convertible Bumper 87 62.14%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2008, 04:21 AM   #57
nonsensez9

Drives: 05 mustang gt
I'm just glad it won't be as pointy as the concept
nonsensez9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 09:11 AM   #58
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS9CamaroSS View Post
i want that body kit on that red car...

That brings up an important point regarding multiple bumpers...

Since they all different that means 3rd party body kits and mods will have to be different for different models. This adds to cost and confusion and frustration. Imagine if the kit you want only is made for the other bumper and you're stuck with the low-volume SS bumper that they didn't make one like that for?
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 09:57 AM   #59
playhard67
come to poppa

Drives: 67RS,09 Harley FLHX
without going back and looking through the thousands of posts...Didn't fbodfather say that the SS bumper is that way because of the need to increase the air dam and also to meet the 5mph regs?? The crease was needed because the fog lights were moved wider.
playhard67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 01:50 PM   #60
Jinx
Owner of Shunt

Drives: 2001 Mustang GT vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
That brings up an important point regarding multiple bumpers...

Since they all different that means 3rd party body kits and mods will have to be different for different models. This adds to cost and confusion and frustration. Imagine if the kit you want only is made for the other bumper and you're stuck with the low-volume SS bumper that they didn't make one like that for?
Hasnt hurt the current mustang. The V6 Mustang bumper and Mustang GT bumpers are just as different as the Base Camaro and the SS. Hell my 2001 Mustang shared the same bumper as the V6; but the current Mustang has a better cosmetic aftermarket.

Support the "JINX CAMARO FUND" at http://www.zazzle.com/jinxdesign
Jinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 01:54 PM   #61
Jinx
Owner of Shunt

Also another point, on average I see more base model guy (regardless of vehicle) wanting to switch to a higher models looks. So if this is the case, the SS guys can just watch the classified section in 5th gen forums for a "WTB" from a V6 guy, if the SS bumper is hated that much. Hell, you could come out of the deal with only the cost of shipping.

Old 06-28-2008, 03:43 PM   #62
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
SS
V6
RS?
I could see this happening, or something similar. Like the Mustang:
GT

V6

V6 Pony Package

- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:49 PM   #63
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
My argument is that the bumper deviates significantly from the concept cars bumpers. There's no flaw in that argument. The rest of the things I said about wasing money on unnecessary changes is just incing on the cake. They spent money making the car un-concept-like and spent time doing it. If this type of waste is rampant at GM then this is reason to believe all their cars are not efficiently designed and overall the prices reflect the efficiency of the company.
I'm with dragon on this one. And this particular comment stuck out to me. Perhaps the change was necessary? Perhaps the change allowed them to reinforce the area behind the bumper, or make it thicker, and this was the only way they could meet bumper regulations (5 mph? 10 mph? Not sure what the current speed rating is) in America? Also, there are a LOT of people who expressed that they wanted something, anything, to differentiate the V8 from the V6. This is certainly something somewhat like that. Personally, I like the new bumper. But I don't see why that (or somebody not liking the new bumper) would have had any effect on the team's decision to use it.
- Xanthos

Old 06-28-2008, 03:57 PM   #64
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
I don't know. Are there going to be two bumpers? Because if there are, i don't see where the change is that great to warrant it.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 04:25 PM   #65
Jinx
Owner of Shunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanthosV6 View Post
I could see this happening, or something similar. Like the Mustang:
GT

V6

V6 Pony Package

- Xanthos
Im have a good feeling about it. As much as I wished the RS would be an option to all models; I think the RS option will be like the pony package, except not as gay. I think the emblem will be styled in a font like the SS emblem.

I just hope the plate indention isnt as bad as the V6 mustang. If they could make it where a bracket is needed and no indention; that would be great. I like to have clean front bumper.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:52 PM   #66
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Well, I could also see the RS package being available on the SS. Sort of like:
V8 (SS) has new bumper.
V6 has old bumper.
RS package is the accessory GFX kit and is available on v6 or the v8 form, though no RS badge on V8.
Z28 - maybe the new bumblebee bumper/gfx?
- Xanthos

P.S. - I agree completely about the plate indention. I come from a state with no front plate law, and I don't want to have to put a plate on to look decent.

Old 06-29-2008, 03:36 AM   #67
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
The SS prototype bumper looks great. I agree with camero that it looks better and a welcome difference in design to the lower end
V6... If someone wants to make a Bumblebee clone, they have to purchase the V6 to get the original bumper.. Not a big deal.. Or buy the bumper aftermarket and swap theirs if they really don't like the SS one in the pics.,

Last edited by Supermans; 06-29-2008 at 03:49 AM.
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:09 PM   #68
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
just give us both options...please

whether it be through aftermarket or from the factory...

please give us the option..

i lke the concept bumper but maybe it won't look as good on the production since it is kind of different...but i like how the bumper looks on the ss

but we need more pics more angles to make a fair assessment or to have a fair vote...

i don't know if i like that big lower grille

i want mine to look just like the concept convertible...hugger orange bumper stripes and all

Last edited by chevydude26; 06-29-2008 at 04:51 PM.
chevydude26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 01:06 AM   #69
SILVER BULLITT

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS MONSTER
i just wanted to bring the oldest post i could find back rom the dead
HP MONSTER' SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BUILT, LMR CAI, CUSTOM GRIND CAM, CUSTOM BUILT CNC PORTED AND POLISHED HEADS, FAST 102MM INTAKE MANIFOLD,ARH LONG TUBES AND HIGH FLOW CATS, BIGGER INJECTORS, VALVES SPRINGS RETAINERS, MGW SHORT SHIFTER, EIBACH SPRINGS, FACTORY CHROMED WHEELS, BLACKED OUT EMBLEMS, BLACKED OUT ROOF,BLACKED OUT MARKERS, 3.5 INCH ELECTRONIC CUTOUTS, FLOWMASTERS, ZEX WET 150 SHOT, FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF =630 REAR WHEEL TORQUE ,AND 600 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER
MY JOURNALhttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...02#post2023802 SOON TWIN TURBO SETUP
SILVER BULLITT is offline   Reply With Quote