Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 09-28-2015, 10:20 AM   #631
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Love the aero, can't wait to get my hands on some.

The protective film on the rear fenders should work. That's what I'm running now along with some mud flaps, seems to be working.
How soon would you like it?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 10:27 AM   #632
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
How soon would you like it?
That seem's to be a retaliative word on this forum.

Lets me put it this way, my next and probably last track event this year will be at Texas World Speedway November 14 & 15. Currently wait listed for Circuit of the America's which is also in November. I won a contest with Chin Motorsports so I will be basically getting 2 track events at COTA for free and as you know there's some seriously high speeds on their back straight and daddy needs down force
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 10:31 AM   #633
JusticePete

Quote:
That seem's to be a retaliative word on this forum.

Lets me put it this way, my next and probably last track event this year will be at Texas World Speedway November 14 & 15. Currently wait listed for Circuit of the America's which is also in November. I won a contest with Chin Motorsports so I will be basically getting 2 track events at COTA for free and as you know there's some seriously high speeds on their back straight and daddy needs down force
Do you have a rear wicker installed?
I haven't fit this kit to a ZL1. I could ship a not drilled front blade and the canards in a day or two with a hardware pack, but you would have to sort out the holes for mounting. We do it by pulling the front fascia and installing the blade off the car. It gives you access to through bolt everything.
Old 09-28-2015, 10:35 AM   #634
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Quote:
Do you have a rear wicker installed?
I haven't fit this kit to a ZL1. I could ship a not drilled front blade and the canards in a day or two with a hardware pack, but you would have to sort out the holes for mounting. We do it by pulling the front fascia and installing the blade off the car. It gives you access to through bolt everything.
Yes I have a rear wicker installed. Not has hard core as y'alls but should be sufficient.

I just replaced my front splitter and have the old one sitting in my garage. I can size it on the old one or can pull the bumper this weekend and play around with sizing. Not a problem.

Contact me and we can discuss details.
Old 09-28-2015, 11:00 AM   #635
JusticePete

Quote:
Yes I have a rear wicker installed. Not has hard core as y'alls but should be sufficient.

I just replaced my front splitter and have the old one sitting in my garage. I can size it on the old one or can pull the bumper this weekend and play around with sizing. Not a problem.

Contact me and we can discuss details.
Text sent.
Old 09-28-2015, 11:50 AM   #636
SSSoon

Drives: RY 2011 2SS A6
Weather cleared up on Sunday at Road Atlanta and so we had a chance to get some speed on. What a great course - a real old school course with a long back straight and some dramatic elevation changes. Seeing it on a video does not prepare you for the huge blind drop after the bridge.

The new aero is awesome. Felt really stable and gripped well in the corners. I hope to do some corner-by-corner comparison when I back to VIR in a month. But one way you REALLY know its there happens at high speeds on the straights. The car its just sucked down into every dip in the road, HARD.

Here's a video of me chasing down a GTR. My data logging system wasn't working so I tried a GoPro for the first time and, once I saw the video, realized that I mounted it WAY too far back on my roof. Can't even see my hood. So it's a nice video of my roof chasing a GTR.

https://youtu.be/qj-VIfFEpa4

Dry sump LS7, cage, JPSS suspension, Wilwood brakes, fire suppression, ARH 3" headers/exhaust, Z/28 DSSV coilovers, Kirkey seats, TeamTech 6-point harnesses, 19" Forgeline GA3R, 325/30R19 Re11 tires, oil cooler, monster JPSS splitter/wickerbill, CAI, brake ducts.

Last edited by SSSoon; 09-28-2015 at 12:01 PM.
SSSoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 11:56 AM   #637
JusticePete

Sweeeeeet!
Old 09-28-2015, 12:28 PM   #638
JusticePete

BaylorCamaro, your aero kit has been entered for production. I want to thank you for choosing JPSS for your ZL1. Your business is appreciated. Welcome to the JPSS family.

Old 09-28-2015, 12:31 PM   #639
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSoon View Post
Felt really stable and gripped well in the corners.
Very good to hear!

Quote:
BaylorCamaro, your aero kit has been entered for production. I want to thank you for choosing JPSS for your ZL1. Your business is appreciated. Welcome to the JPSS family.

Throw some JPSS stickers in for good measure.
Old 09-28-2015, 12:44 PM   #640
JusticePete

Quote:
Very good to hear!

Throw some JPSS stickers in for good measure.
Old 09-28-2015, 10:35 PM   #641
STONE SS

Drives: 2010 SS IOM
Quote:
Weather cleared up on Sunday at Road Atlanta and so we had a chance to get some speed on. What a great course - a real old school course with a long back straight and some dramatic elevation changes. Seeing it on a video does not prepare you for the huge blind drop after the bridge.

The new aero is awesome. Felt really stable and gripped well in the corners. I hope to do some corner-by-corner comparison when I back to VIR in a month. But one way you REALLY know its there happens at high speeds on the straights. The car its just sucked down into every dip in the road, HARD.

Here's a video of me chasing down a GTR. My data logging system wasn't working so I tried a GoPro for the first time and, once I saw the video, realized that I mounted it WAY too far back on my roof. Can't even see my hood. So it's a nice video of my roof chasing a GTR.

https://youtu.be/qj-VIfFEpa4

That looks like a ton of fun! Road Atlanta is an amazing course that is definitely on my list of tracks to visit! Glad to see you having a blast with this build!
STONE SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 03:58 PM   #642
SSSoon

Drives: RY 2011 2SS A6
This week we are tinkering with a new rear view camera (the current lens is wide angle which means that cars way back are hard to spot and then when they are right behind you they are HUGE), working on some beat up brake cooling ducts with new hoses, and a few odds and ends.

Was down at Butler Motor Sports last Friday as I passed through Charlotte and had the guys there look at my Kirkey seat. I wasn't happy with the position of the halo - too low on my helmet. We talked a lot about seats and I tried some different ones. I'm gonna get a 25 degree layback ProSportsman Plus with a road race head and shoulder kit, fitted to me (I'm kinda tall). The 25 degree layback looks terrific, vs the pretty much upright seat I am in now; way better in a crash. Plus the halo will be positioned right for me. Should be ready in a few weeks. I'll go down for a final sizing before they weld it all up.

Next track on the list is a day at Summit Point on Friday 9th. Weather looks great, and it's a track I have had a lot of laps at so am looking forward to comparing lap times with the new suspension and aero.

Pete

Dry sump LS7, cage, JPSS suspension, Wilwood brakes, fire suppression, ARH 3" headers/exhaust, Z/28 DSSV coilovers, Kirkey seats, TeamTech 6-point harnesses, 19" Forgeline GA3R, 325/30R19 Re11 tires, oil cooler, monster JPSS splitter/wickerbill, CAI, brake ducts.
SSSoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 04:23 PM   #643
X25

Drives: '16 C7 Z51
Quote:
This week we are tinkering with a new rear view camera (the current lens is wide angle which means that cars way back are hard to spot and then when they are right behind you they are HUGE), working on some beat up brake cooling ducts with new hoses, and a few odds and ends.

Was down at Butler Motor Sports last Friday as I passed through Charlotte and had the guys there look at my Kirkey seat. I wasn't happy with the position of the halo - too low on my helmet. We talked a lot about seats and I tried some different ones. I'm gonna get a 25 degree layback ProSportsman Plus with a road race head and shoulder kit, fitted to me (I'm kinda tall). The 25 degree layback looks terrific, vs the pretty much upright seat I am in now; way better in a crash. Plus the halo will be positioned right for me. Should be ready in a few weeks. I'll go down for a final sizing before they weld it all up.

Next track on the list is a day at Summit Point on Friday 9th. Weather looks great, and it's a track I have had a lot of laps at so am looking forward to comparing lap times with the new suspension and aero.

Pete
We have been working on better layouts for the ducting in forums, and I am very glad to say that ducting wear is no longer an issue with the new layout:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=376822

In short, the ducting goes parallel to the engine first, and then turns towards the wheel well, staying completely away from the wheel and tire. I can finally drive my car as I want, doing full lock to lock turns during parking with no worries, and my ducting still looks like new! Highly recommended.
'17 RAM 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 Night Edition
'15 Nissan Rogue S AWD
X25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 05:43 PM   #644
STONE SS

Drives: 2010 SS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by X25 View Post
We have been working on better layouts for the ducting in forums, and I am very glad to say that ducting wear is no longer an issue with the new layout:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=376822

In short, the ducting goes parallel to the engine first, and then turns towards the wheel well, staying completely away from the wheel and tire. I can finally drive my car as I want, doing full lock to lock turns during parking with no worries, and my ducting still looks like new! Highly recommended.
I ran mine pretty much the same as in that thread, just different by the strut, now and have very little issues. It was a HUGE pain to run on the drivers side because of the power steering lines, etc, but I got it to work. Doesn't get pinched and haven't had an issue yet. As long as it stays in the engine bay until the back portion of the opening as in the pic it should be good for awhile.

STONE SS is offline   Reply With Quote