Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-15-2008, 03:50 PM   #1
Fandango
(In Z/28 Therapy)

Drives: 2014 SS Camaro (Sookie)
Send a message via AIM to Fandango
FBodfather - Scott!! Hey!! How is this for a PR idea?

You, know what? If I were the PR at GM. (Here's a little somthing that may boost GM and American Moral for autos.) Check this out Scott (Fbodfather).

What if the launch of Camaro goes really well and people want a piece of automotive history. Why not Auction the IVERs. I mean some of them are not that pretty to look at, and maybe not all that functional? But they are still chevy Camaros and they could be used in a campain to help out a good cause such as a Pediatric Cancer, Autism, etc. There are so many good causes that can be used as a campain.

If the IVERs aren't street legal, but from what I gather they are, make them street legal and why not auction them to the highest bidder. Have all the desciples sign the car along with all the GM execs. Give them the Certs, or Plaques with #'s to authenticate there rarity. But mainly to do a PR to promote the new Camaro or just because.

Think about how popular these IVERs are and how many collectors would love to get there hands on them. (Imagine the write off for taxes!)

Imagine owning one of, or truly the first of the 5th Gen Camaros, artist proofs, or the SHUNT in the trunk IVER, what have you.

Just a thought, but what and idea, yes? What do you think Scott?

TRAN or DRAGON!! Wanna start a new thread and poll maybe? Would you buy an IVER for collection sake?

Thanks guys! Could we ad a poll maybe?

Last edited by Fandango; 07-15-2008 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Can we ad a poll guys?
Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:11 PM   #2
35th02ss

Drives: 02 SS
sadly GM cannot sell these. I to wish there was a way to save these cars. They are Camaro history. However Gm cannot and will not sell these due to the legal aspect, not to mention awhole lot of other reasons......

But I think one might just make it into the historic collection.
35th02ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:45 PM   #3
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
35th is correct -- the cars are IVERS

I - ntegration
V -ehicle
E - ngineering
R -elease --

meaning that every part on those cars is 'pre-production' --

Some say "well -- I'll sign a waiver holding you harmless -- " -- and that's fine -- but what happens when you die? Does the car then get crushed? What happens if you were to fall on rough times and had to sell it?

See where I'm going with this?

I agree - people would pay great sums of money for these cars -- even more for Corvette IVERs.......
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:51 PM   #4
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
As long as you guys put them in that big warehouse of yours and give them to a museum in a few decades, then all is cool!
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:27 PM   #5
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
I must admit, the Shunt IVER has GOT to be one of the most valuable, at least to the members of this forum

I think this was covered in another thread, though. Too many legalities that could give GM attorneys severe cases of indigestion involved with the IVERS going out to the public.

Now, perhaps GM could charge a fee to let people get behind the wheel of one at Milford. You drive it around the track, it never goes off GM property, and when you're done it goes back to GM's garage.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:12 PM   #6
Fandango
(In Z/28 Therapy)

Drives: 2014 SS Camaro (Sookie)
Send a message via AIM to Fandango
Hey. It was worth a shot right? But how much would you say people would pay for the SHUNT IVER?

That would be a hot item.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:10 PM   #7
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
OMG, if you could auction off the IVER with the "Shunt in trunk" sticker on the dash.... That'd be too cool....
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote