Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 12-20-2011, 05:01 PM   #15
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSpeedFreak View Post
good story... Welcome to the SS club now

Just wait until the fuse pull and maybe a couple of mods.....
Thank you!

I can't wait to do the fuse pull...I think it will wake up the beast!
Old 12-22-2011, 11:34 AM   #16
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

It's been raining here so much! I've only put 10 miles on the car since monday. :(

Waiting for the sun to come back out so I can take some pictures, run the fuel of it, and do the fuse pull!

Also planning to go on a dyno the week after Christmas. Can't wait for that!
Old 12-22-2011, 11:41 AM   #17
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Call Ron and he can do they Dyno ..no problem.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:01 PM   #18
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
357 rwhp. There saved you some money.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:13 PM   #19
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

No it's 368
Old 12-22-2011, 01:14 PM   #20
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

or it could be..................386.......or ...........................................796 just like Norm's.......I am sure if you ask he will post his dyno sheet
Old 12-22-2011, 01:15 PM   #21
garcmol

That dyno was super secret stealth mode. We were squirtin' lighter fluid in the intake, 'member?
Old 12-22-2011, 01:17 PM   #22
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH don't tell ALL our secrets.............he bought a new car cause he wanted moahhhh and all he needed was lighter fluid
Old 12-22-2011, 01:55 PM   #23
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Call Ron and he can do they Dyno ..no problem.
Yeah I will do that. Also going to call MTI...

Is there any advantages of having a Air/Fuel ratio done?? Or is it a waste of time/money if I just want my numbers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
357 rwhp. There saved you some money.
I'm hoping that it will be around 360-370 but I'm probably shooting a little high.

Quote:
or it could be..................386.......or ...........................................796 just like Norm's.......I am sure if you ask he will post his dyno sheet
Can I see the sheet Norm????

Quote:
That dyno was super secret stealth mode. We were squirtin' lighter fluid in the intake, 'member?
Quote:
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH don't tell ALL our secrets.............he bought a new car cause he wanted moahhhh and all he needed was lighter fluid
Geesh....spent all that money on a new car.......why couldn't you guys have told me of this lighter fluid trick before?!?!?!?!
Old 12-22-2011, 02:34 PM   #24
garcmol

sorry, it was 761. And it is a real sheet.

....just not mine

Oh and as far as stock tune, why would you worry about the A/F ratio UNLESS, you were having it dyno tuned right then? I may be wrong, but I wouldn't worry about it until you start modding the car.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:40 PM   #25
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Quote:
sorry, it was 761. And it is a real sheet.

....just not mine

Oh and as far as stock tune, why would you worry about the A/F ratio UNLESS, you were having it dyno tuned right then? I may be wrong, but I wouldn't worry about it until you start modding the car.

Will you overnight me some of that fluid please!

Yeah then I guess I don't need A/F it will save me some money then.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:09 AM   #26
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post
It's been raining here so much! I've only put 10 miles on the car since monday. :(

Waiting for the sun to come back out so I can take some pictures, run the fuel of it, and do the fuse pull!

Also planning to go on a dyno the week after Christmas. Can't wait for that!
Rain=Lame
Fuse Pull=Good
Dyno=Awesome

My 45th has nastiness on the sides from driving in the rain.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:12 AM   #27
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Take it from my personal experience Vengeance will do you right.......Your car will make anywhere from 364 to about 376 to the wheels......that is pretty standard on these cars.

The car was tuned by GM for performance, longevity, fuel economy etc........I am sure you could tinker with it some but the cost of a tune alone versus the warranty factor is not worth it.....If you start modding the motor with cams, S/C'rs etc...then you will need a tune for sure.

Some CAI's need a tune to run optimally because of the increased air flow....just remember that the more air you put in the more room you need to get rid of it...so an exhaust would be in order.

Tests have been done that say they increase maybe 8 to 10 hrspwr but in all honesty you can not feel 8 or 10 hrspwr.

Since your car is a daily driver , if it were me I would wait to do any mods like this, especially since you are a " Broke College Student"

If you are gonna do any mods...check here....People are always swapping from drop springs to coilovers, changing CAI's, changing exhaust and you could really save some money.....If you are planning on keeping it stock you can always pick up CHEAP factory parts on here.

I like the idea that the mods you have done are mainly cosmetic, they can always be removed if need be...well most of them......
Old 12-23-2011, 04:48 PM   #28
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightower View Post
Rain=Lame
Fuse Pull=Good
Dyno=Awesome

My 45th has nastiness on the sides from driving in the rain.
No joke! I got my driving in today though!

I went through a half a tank...hahah not that its hard to do that or anything, but it felt nice. I think I'm getting use to the shifting gears thing.

Quote:
Take it from my personal experience Vengeance will do you right.......Your car will make anywhere from 364 to about 376 to the wheels......that is pretty standard on these cars.

The car was tuned by GM for performance, longevity, fuel economy etc........I am sure you could tinker with it some but the cost of a tune alone versus the warranty factor is not worth it.....If you start modding the motor with cams, S/C'rs etc...then you will need a tune for sure.

Some CAI's need a tune to run optimally because of the increased air flow....just remember that the more air you put in the more room you need to get rid of it...so an exhaust would be in order.

Tests have been done that say they increase maybe 8 to 10 hrspwr but in all honesty you can not feel 8 or 10 hrspwr.

Since your car is a daily driver , if it were me I would wait to do any mods like this, especially since you are a " Broke College Student"

If you are gonna do any mods...check here....People are always swapping from drop springs to coilovers, changing CAI's, changing exhaust and you could really save some money.....If you are planning on keeping it stock you can always pick up CHEAP factory parts on here.

I like the idea that the mods you have done are mainly cosmetic, they can always be removed if need be...well most of them......
Thanks for the advice John.

I can assure you that my powertrain warranty will be intact for quite some time. My electrical warranty and such, that'll be gone soon.

I really just want to see what my car does put down and to make sure it puts down what its supposed to.

I've been looking at the dynomax exhaust because I want absolutely 0 drone on the highway. I really, really, really enjoy the quietness of the factory exhaust (drone wise). Cutouts are going to be one thing on the list as well....hence the reason I want a quiet exhaust...but I do want it to be loud when I get on it..without having to open cutouts.

I finally got a chance to take a few pictures today...they aren't great as I was in a hurry..but its the first sunny day since I've got my car so I wanted to take advantage of it!

Pics will follow shortly.

Last edited by CamaroKid300; 12-23-2011 at 05:00 PM.
CamaroKid300 is offline   Reply With Quote