Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida

Old 12-10-2012, 04:23 PM   #1415
2SShowngo

Drives: 2013 black ZL1#456
not a problem,see you in the am wed. and just in time for the next meeting
2SShowngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:53 PM   #1416
LnLSS
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2015 Red Hot ZL1
Just waiting for the install
Attached Images

LnLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:08 PM   #1417
AirManFL
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LnLSS View Post
Just waiting for the install
Mine are still at the effin paint shop. If they aren't right when I go tomorrow I'm going to go off.

I'm hopeful they are going to be ready for install though.
AirManFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:51 AM   #1418
LnLSS
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2015 Red Hot ZL1
I'm reading there has been a lot of fit issues with the Stillen side skirts. I measured mine and they do seem to be an 1/8 to 1/4 inch off of each other. Impossible to fit before I painted them without complete tear down (pita) just got to cross my fingers and hope they work. Well will find out tomorrow for sure.
LnLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:10 AM   #1419
2SShowngo

Dang Rob I thought they were already done, thought you were just trying to find time to get them installed. Well hopefully they will be done, let me know if ya need a hand. Must be the little Lincoln logger in me...lol
Old 12-11-2012, 04:30 AM   #1420
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirManFL View Post
Mine are still at the effin paint shop. If they aren't right when I go tomorrow I'm going to go off.

I'm hopeful they are going to be ready for install though.
That's not good - what was the issue?

I thought you had them back not long after I had my stuff done
Modern07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:42 AM   #1421
racebum

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Hennessey 700 Ashen Grey
Phil, where did you leave the keys for your car? Need to keep the cobwebs out of it while you are gone!
racebum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:06 AM   #1422
AirManFL
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by LnLSS View Post
I'm reading there has been a lot of fit issues with the Stillen side skirts. I measured mine and they do seem to be an 1/8 to 1/4 inch off of each other. Impossible to fit before I painted them without complete tear down (pita) just got to cross my fingers and hope they work. Well will find out tomorrow for sure.
Just don't look at both sides at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SShowngo View Post
Dang Rob I thought they were already done, thought you were just trying to find time to get them installed. Well hopefully they will be done, let me know if ya need a hand. Must be the little Lincoln logger in me...lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern07 View Post
That's not good - what was the issue?

I thought you had them back not long after I had my stuff done
I picked them up but they were wrapped in bubble wrap so I didn't look at them. Doug already knows this but, the owner of this shop has an old Belaire with one of the sweetest paint jobs you'd ever find. I trusted they would be sufficient.

Lets just say they had paint on them, but they weren't even close to being finished. I took them back right away and left them. The guy I was working with said, "I'll have them done before I leave" as his last day was about a week later. When I went back, the pieces were spread out all over the shop and hadn't been touched.

I talked to the owner and he said he would make it right. He knows I go to the local car shows as does he and was concerned that I would be pissed and not have good things to say about him. I felt bad for him because he wasn't involved until this point. Hopefully he'll do what he said....

They were supposed to be done Saturday but they haven't called so I'm going to go by there today.

Rob
Old 12-11-2012, 05:16 AM   #1423
2SShowngo

Ok now that really blows, sounds like someone said F it, I'm outta here and I don't care. Sad cause he probably would've had business follow him. Well I hope they are done and done right! I'm thinking a man's reputation is on the line so I don't see why they wouldn't be.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:19 AM   #1424
2SShowngo

Yea Phil where are those keys, gotta make sure the fuel doesn't go stale while you're away...lol. hope your trip home was bearable, that's one heck of a flight. Look at it this way, you'll celebrate Christmas before us now, hopefully gearhead Santa got your list..hahahaha
Old 12-11-2012, 05:46 AM   #1425
AirManFL
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Quote:
Yea Phil where are those keys, gotta make sure the fuel doesn't go stale while you're away...lol. hope your trip home was bearable, that's one heck of a flight. Look at it this way, you'll celebrate Christmas before us now, hopefully gearhead Santa got your list..hahahaha
If we can get the keys and a credit card we should be able to have it put back together by the time he gets back but we have to start now.

Rob
Old 12-11-2012, 07:43 AM   #1426
MARKS5LTRETR
I'm a lucky dude

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS #1226
If I told you where he hid the keys I'd have to kill you.
Sorry to hear about the paint issues Rob. Hopefully they will do the right thing.
MARKS5LTRETR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:36 AM   #1427
AirManFL
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

I went and looked at my gfx. They're a lot better but they have more wet sanding and buffing to do. I should have them by the weekend.

I think I'm going to wait to install the front splitter at this point because I think it will be better to install with the front fascia off the car and I might have other things that require the front fascia to come off for as well. Might as well only take it off once.

Rob
Old 12-11-2012, 03:37 PM   #1428
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
Quote:
Originally Posted by racebum View Post
Phil, where did you leave the keys for your car? Need to keep the cobwebs out of it while you are gone!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirManFL View Post
If we can get the keys and a credit card we should be able to have it put back together by the time he gets back but we have to start now.

Rob

And that's why I brought the keys back to England with me haha!

Not that it mattered...my friend at work has a spare key to my House in case I ever lock myself out, and I'd asked her to go and pick up a parcel that arrived today and leave it in my house.

She decided it would be hilarious to go in the garage, take a photo of my car, and then post an email round all of my other friends in work saying she had a used Camaro for sale and would be offering test drives over the weekend - once she had got the ding she put in it fixed up...

Good job she doesn't actually know where the spare car key is!