Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-23-2014, 07:26 PM   #1
hazy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
So I signed paperwork on a "new-to-me" yesterday....now I need some help...

There are a few items that the dealer is going to be taking care of, so I don't get to pick it up until Friday afternoon, but anyhow...

I went to the dealership solely to determine if our carseats would fit in the back. Turns out they do. And it just so happened that the dealership had very recently gotten a trade-in on a 2011 SS. Black, manual tranny. Long story short, I'll be picking it up on Friday!

So, during my test drive, I very quickly determined that this was definitely no stocker. I also noticed it had a sticker on the windshield - "510 Race Engineering"

So, started doing a little digging and found THIS. It's the car I just signed all the paperwork on...apparently it's got a 416ci motor, and who knows what else....

I plan on calling the shop tomorrow, but thought I'd see if anyone on here knew anything about it....I really have no clue what kind of power this thing is making, but it sounds/feels like quite a bit. Runs like a ****ing raped ape, and sounds like a demon.

HERE'S a pic from the dealership...they're going to fix a few things on it, and give it a hella good scrubdown, and I pick it up Fri!!!

So, anyone know anything about it? I really don't even know what kind of gas it should run on (I'm assuming premium)...it's in Houston area if that matters....
hazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:41 PM   #2
RolltideSS

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Nice - I now have the westside Chevy jingle stuck in my head. I don't know anything about that car but you could hit up the h-town camaro club site, there are a few people there out towards Katy and may recognize it. Congrats on your purchase
RolltideSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:41 PM   #3
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
You got a bundle of FUN or a PILE of trouble. Time will tell. But congrats on your new CAMARO.
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:42 PM   #4
Del's12SS

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS/RS Convertible
Looks and sounds great!!!!
Old 02-23-2014, 07:47 PM   #5
RolltideSS

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipinminn View Post
You got a bundle of FUN or a PILE of trouble. Time will tell. But congrats on your new CAMARO.
510 is a quality shop - as long as the previous owner didn't completely abuse the thing I'm sure the car is just fine
RolltideSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:56 PM   #6
Shift_Rejected
2010 2SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS (L99)
That could add to the value big time, hopefully the dealer doesn't know what they have.
Performance Mods: K&N Cold Air Intake | Pypes Cat-Back Exhaust | Aluminum Paddle Shifters | VaraRam Wedge | Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors | Hawk HPC Pads | M.M. Ported Throttle Body | Kooks 1 7/8 Headers w/ High Flow Cats | Dyno Tune @ RPM
Cosmetic Mods: Rally Stripes (style1, style2, style2.2) | Splitter | Painted Calipers | Door Projector Lights | Front-Emblem Delete | Cup Holder Lighting | Quarter Window Covers | Phantom Grille | Ghosted Side Markers | Tinted Fog Lights | ZL1 Rockers | Tail Light Bezels
Shift_Rejected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:56 PM   #7
dgriddick

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
From the sound of it... you only build it like that to beat it up.... But if the dealer offers a warranty.. i would not mind...
dgriddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:02 PM   #8
hazy

Hey thanks for the recommendation...I've posted this same thing over in the H-towncamaro site.

I gotta say, I'm looking forward to this. It's funny...I am currently borrowing a 2002 Mustang GT in the interim period (sold my other car a while back) and it was the first sports car I ever drove. Man, that thing felt fast....though, when you're coming from a Ranger, I guess most things do. Then I drove this car....holy crap I got back in the 'stang and was like "what is this....grandma's car?"

Funny how perspective changes....

Anyhow, I'll post up a few pics once I get the car, and maybe an audio clip or two...

Looking forward to the new adventure!
Old 02-23-2014, 08:06 PM   #9
hazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_Rejected View Post
That could add to the value big time, hopefully the dealer doesn't know what they have.

I'm pretty sure that they had no idea. The sales manager was like "there's an aftermarket exhaust, and a cam in there" So, I'm either ****ed, bc the motor's been ragged out hardcore, or I just landed a steal...Judging from my look-through (pretty thorough) everything appears to be in solid shape, but I guess time will tell!
Old 02-23-2014, 08:07 PM   #10
alv927

Drives: 2013 camaro 2ss/rs dusk edition
That camaro sounds cammed as well
alv927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:07 PM   #11
dgriddick

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
If this is it before the wheel change, it a beast

Also tells you the build on the engine..

dgriddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:08 PM   #12
31B

Drives: 2014 Black 1SS A6
Send a message via Yahoo to 31B
Premium gas by the way. All SS's, regardless of mods run it. Congrats on the purchase and welcome to
31B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:08 PM   #13
hazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alv927 View Post
That camaro sounds cammed as well

I'm 99% sure it is...will be calling 510 Racing tomorrow to learn more about it. Hoping to learn all the dirt on it.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:18 PM   #14
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Not knowing what you are paying for it, it's hard to say, but I'm thinking you got a hell of a good deal. And the kiddy seats fit, too! Enjoy and welcome to C5!

PS: Start saving for gas money...
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote