Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-01-2017, 10:52 PM   #1
The camaro show

Drives: 2015 camaro 2lt
Anyone using a dash cam

Who's using a dash cam in their camaro and does it really help
Cosmetic mods: SS hood with painted vent, SS bumper, acs 1le front lip black, big worm gfx tinted all lights, solar wing v2, Camaro seat belt pads and oracle color shift halos and fog light halos and rear colorshift bow tie, carbon creations carbon fiber stingray z spoiler
Wheels: lexani r-3 bg finish 19x8.5
Performance: cold air inductions intake, mrt v1, jacfab ported intake manifold, intake manifold spacer, overkill tuned on E85.
The camaro show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 11:06 PM   #2
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
I have one, but people don't care. They seem to have the same crappy driving behaviors (cutting you off and extreme tailgating) like they don't care or something. I need to get another one facing rearward too.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 11:06 PM   #3
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
I got one, works just fine. Does it help? Yes, it does! My definition of help is, if anytime I'm driving or near my car is anything happens it will be recorded. I have a 2-ch system, that's front and rear HD. In my experience it's money well spent.
Old 01-01-2017, 11:07 PM   #4
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
It will probably help if you get in an accident. But don't leave any clips on there of you doing burnouts and such.

I have a Rexing S300.
Old 01-01-2017, 11:07 PM   #5
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
I have one, but people don't care. They seem to have the same crappy driving behaviors (cutting you off and extreme tailgating) like they don't care or something. I need to get another one facing rearward too.
Having one won't deter people from being and acting stupid around you. Lol.
Old 01-02-2017, 12:21 AM   #6
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Here is the one I got:

http://www.gearbest.com/car-dvr/pp_391603.html

Caught a cop in a dirty 4x4 pickup with a dirt bike in the back pull over the jack wad who cut him off.

Most interesting were the comments from the mechanics who were working in my suspension. "Gay exhaust..."
Old 01-02-2017, 02:02 AM   #7
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeperRS View Post
Having one won't deter people from being and acting stupid around you. Lol.

Probably wont ever even notice you have it. More for your peace of mind that if something happens to your car, you've got the proof to back up the story.
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 08:49 PM   #8
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
have an eye on the thinkware f750, has a really good park mode that I am interested in. thinking it with and x500 rear view camera, and a Cellink b back up battery to power it while in park mode and at night. there are some seedy dirt bags in the small town I live in and would like to have some protection against vandals and the like.

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 09:12 PM   #9
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
On my list of stuff to do! Having one on board would set me at ease if there was ever an issue that wasn't my fault.
Old 01-27-2017, 09:27 PM   #10
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjellyfish212 View Post
On my list of stuff to do! Having one on board would set me at ease if there was ever an issue that wasn't my fault.
After being sideswiped by a semi (10k payoff) and rear-ended by a sleepy driver (3k payoff) in the space of three months, I have front and rear cameras. Very reavealing stuff happens, but for the most part, it records my verbal lashings of the freaking morons we all share the road with.
Old 01-27-2017, 09:31 PM   #11
Jayjellyfish212

Years ago , I was at lunch with 2 coworkers once at a easy mart. We got deli subs and got back in the work van. We were eating and had the van running parked in a parking space and a car drove right into the center of the passenger side of our work van. The police were called and when they arrived they took my license and my coworkers licenses and the idiot who crashed us license. They did the normal routine by running everyone's licenses etc. took our statements and then gave our licenses back and said have a nice day. Van was drivable so we left. The idiot that crashed us was not allowed to drive away because we seen his car still parked at the easy mart the next day and his car was drivable. We went to court a year later because we found out that his license was suspended prior to crashing into us and his insurance company would not agree to fix the van to pre accident condition. Well let's just say I was shocked that they somehow convinced the judge that because it was winter we are 50% at fault because we were backing up. I still to this day am shocked as the van was in park... yes running to keep heat on but in park as we ate lunch. From that day on it is always in the back of my mind that the court can screw you. They didn't care his license was suspended because well that was a different court matter . Unbelievable!!!

So I really would think a dash cam is and could be proof for these lying scums to be shown there full of it.. sorry for the ranting just gets my blood flowing when I think of that day.
Old 01-27-2017, 09:36 PM   #12
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Yes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 09:40 PM   #13
Mortious
Ammo

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (LS3 M6)
I have a dash cam in every single vehicle I own, especially my youngest daughters, I want a second set of non blinking "eyes" in case she is ever in an accident. I have yet to use it, but I look at it like insurance, I hope to never have to use it, but will be thankful when I do.

Besides it records some really stupid things that people do, oh and probably my most favorite clip:

Old 01-27-2017, 09:46 PM   #14
Jayjellyfish212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortious View Post
I have a dash cam in every single vehicle I own, especially my youngest daughters, I want a second set of non blinking "eyes" in case she is ever in an accident. I have yet to use it, but I look at it like insurance, I hope to never have to use it, but will be thankful when I do.

Besides it records some really stupid things that people do, oh and probably my most favorite clip:

Wow that was sneaky!!