Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 08-16-2013, 11:37 AM   #1
LessSinister

Drives: 2011 - 2LT/RS Convertible
Top Not Secure DIC Message

Anyone encounter the following issue and have any suggestions for a fix?I had my top replaced and now it folds down like the 13/14's. The normal close process when putting the top back up is to latch it shut the wait 2-3 seconds pause before the radio cuts out (for a second or two) to indicate that it's closed properly and I can pop my trunk open. From time to time, totally random, the radio does not cut out and the DIC says the top is not secure and therefore I can't open my trunk to get out my gear. I have to play with the top (open it a bit and relatching) until it finally detects that it's shut securely.Anyone encounter this and can offer some assistance? I hate bringing something that happens intermittently to a dealer because they don't see it and says there's nothing wrong with it. Frustrating as hell. Is the trigger/sensor in the turn handle or the pins that lock into the window frame?Thanks in advance.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:34 PM   #2
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
radio cuts out?

Mine beeps when the top is down enough for me to release the "open" button.

As to when it is shut, if the latch is closed properly and you still have a message in the DIC, then you need to visit your dealer.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:38 PM   #3
LuckyZL-1
Ragtop Rocket!!!

Drives: Black on Black Convertible
Mine does almost the same thing. But I figured it out. It closes and leaves a 2" gap that I have to pull it down to seal while holding the close button then just twist and latch. Presto!! if I just pull it down it will still read top not secure. I have to pull it down with the handle while pressing button then just twist and lock. Works every time once I figured out that's what it liked.
ADM custom cam, LPE stage 2 heads with dual valve springs, LS-3 ported throttle body, LPE 2 piece pulley, LPE overdrive balancer, 10% overdrive pulley, ported supercharger inlet, ADM race intake system, stainless works 1-7/8 headers, Injector Dynamics injectors, ADM heat exchanger, ADM dual fuel pump system, ADM exhaust switch, ADM 3 tunes tuning package.
744rwhp 727rwtq
LuckyZL-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:37 PM   #4
snaphappy

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS2/RS LS3
My radio cuts out, but I never knew why! Good to know.

But I've never had an issue with the DIC like you're describing.
snaphappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:21 PM   #5
LessSinister

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyZL-1 View Post
Mine does almost the same thing. But I figured it out. It closes and leaves a 2" gap that I have to pull it down to seal while holding the close button then just twist and latch. Presto!! if I just pull it down it will still read top not secure. I have to pull it down with the handle while pressing button then just twist and lock. Works every time once I figured out that's what it liked.
Good to know. Thanks for the idea - I've give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaphappy View Post
My radio cuts out, but I never knew why! Good to know.

But I've never had an issue with the DIC like you're describing.
The DIC message is one you would get if it believes the top has not closed properly. That is, the top is closed and latched but the DIC says it's not therefore I can't pop open my trunk with the door button or keyfob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by intensifi View Post
radio cuts out?

Mine beeps when the top is down enough for me to release the "open" button.

As to when it is shut, if the latch is closed properly and you still have a message in the DIC, then you need to visit your dealer.
Cuts out in the sense that if the radio is playing a song you miss like a second or two of the song while the car registers that the top is shut properly. Will have to take it in if Snaphappy's idea doesn't work. I just hate bringing it to them when the problem seems to happen randomly. My fix had been to reopen the top and reclose it, multiple times in some cases.

Thanks for assist.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:43 PM   #6
hworth18
Jus' Cruzin

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS Krypton Green
Yeah, mine cuts out for a brief second when the top is latched..

On a side note, I always keep my DIC secured....lol
Old 09-19-2013, 11:21 AM   #7
LessSinister

Latest update: the holding the top close button while latching seemed to work for awhile but over the past weekend it did it again so I took it to the dealer to investigate. Of course when I showed the service advisor it worked fine. Anyways, long story short is that there is a service bulletin (PI-0520A) out there to adjust a link rod to fix a latch alignment issue. Seems to have fixed the issue. Cross my fingers.