Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-21-2013, 12:58 AM   #43
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Love the blue... not sure about the wheels. I think the spokes are to skinny on the SSX to pull off the polished look.

Oh and can we please come up with another name for the "Chevrolet SS?!" I drive an SS and that car, whatever else I may think about it, should not be called an SS. (regardless of what GM named it)

When I see it referred to in post I begin to get upset and think what are these mustang fan boys doing clogging up this forum hatting on the SS.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:39 AM   #44
JR3

Drives: Vette, Camaro
The Blue color on that Camaro and Truck looks great. I dont know for sure yet what color blue that actually is. I was wondering if it was the new Laguna Blue like is offered on the new C7 Corvette Stingray.

I dont know why GM doesnt do more of these great looking bright colors. People love them and want to buy them. They said they want to start marketing the C7 Corvette to a younger crowd, well they really should offer more brighter colors like some of these. The brighter colors get a great response from buyers.

GM seems to like a lot of boring colors or darker looking colors. Ed Welburn in a video said they (at GM) favor the greyish or silver colors because they think people want "safe colors". Colors that do not stand out that much.

Sorry, but as a buyer i DO NOT want a "safe color". I want a great looking high energy color that makes you feel good. I like Black on a car also, But the last few years i've been wanting the brighter colors. Kinda like Synergy Green. That was a great color. I also like the brighter blue colors, not the darker ones. Lately it seems like GM has favored the darker looking blues. I know somewhere in GM they have to have some good looking blue colors, they should do more of them.

They should put some of the "safe" boring colors on the shelf for a while and do more of these great looking brighter colors.

JR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:51 AM   #45
JR3

Drives: Vette, Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94turbolsx View Post
I knew GM had a good blue in them still , a true not green'ish, not purple'ish medium bright blue. It looks beyond fantastic.
Yep, GM should do more of these great looking blue colors. A lot of people seem to like them.
JR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:53 AM   #46
2010ABM

Drives: 2SS/RS ABM Camaro
I'd love to see this blue with a 427 under the hood...

Old 02-21-2013, 09:56 AM   #47
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
not digging the white stripe that 'hides' the hood vents
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:45 AM   #48
DanSS24

Drives: Dream Cars in my head
love it

Wishful thinking...but I sure can dream big.
DanSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:13 PM   #49
Zeus95

Drives: IOM 2010 - 2SS/RS
I love the blue. My next Silverado will be that Blue for sure !!
Love the 10 spoke silver wheels !! YA CHEVY !!!!!
2010 2SS/RS IOM Upgrades: Fastlane CAI / SLP II Loudmouth axle back / V Max Ported TB / Kook's Step Long Tube Headers / High flow cats / Straightline Tune / BMR front & rear sway bars / Hotchkin End Links / Hurst Short Throw. LG ZR28 Wheels 1 of 2 sets made. Pfadt trailing arms / Diff Bushings & Sub Frame bushings / 1LE Axle & Hubs.
Zeus95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:12 PM   #50
Austin45
The Logistician

Drives: 2012 LFX 45th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR3 View Post
The Blue color on that Camaro and Truck looks great. I dont know for sure yet what color blue that actually is. I was wondering if it was the new Laguna Blue like is offered on the new C7 Corvette Stingray.

I dont know why GM doesnt do more of these great looking bright colors. People love them and want to buy them. They said they want to start marketing the C7 Corvette to a younger crowd, well they really should offer more brighter colors like some of these. The brighter colors get a great response from buyers.

GM seems to like a lot of boring colors or darker looking colors. Ed Welburn in a video said they (at GM) favor the greyish or silver colors because they think people want "safe colors". Colors that do not stand out that much.

Sorry, but as a buyer i DO NOT want a "safe color". I want a great looking high energy color that makes you feel good. I like Black on a car also, But the last few years i've been wanting the brighter colors. Kinda like Synergy Green. That was a great color. I also like the brighter blue colors, not the darker ones. Lately it seems like GM has favored the darker looking blues. I know somewhere in GM they have to have some good looking blue colors, they should do more of them.

They should put some of the "safe" boring colors on the shelf for a while and do more of these great looking brighter colors.
If you look at sales of almost every vehicle across any brand, you will find that white, black, and red will always be in the top three or close to it. Making colors is expensive, and often times the "awesome" colors are the lowest production colors. CRT, SGM, and ABM were all very low production numbers.

I agree, I love the bright colors, but it's not what the market demands.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:39 PM   #51
bandit38

Drives: Camaro SS - Trans Am - Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin45 View Post
If you look at sales of almost every vehicle across any brand, you will find that white, black, and red will always be in the top three or close to it. Making colors is expensive, and often times the "awesome" colors are the lowest production colors. CRT, SGM, and ABM were all very low production numbers.

I agree, I love the bright colors, but it's not what the market demands.
I think a lot of that has to do with what the dealers order for their lots.

I knew a dealership back in the 90's when I was ordering my Trans Am when they offered Red Leather told me not to order it....said his district manager told him it didn't look good and not to order any for them to sell.....Obviously he would have ordered it just for me.....but none for the lot for people to see...so they didn't hardly sell any red interiors.

Just got home today from our local dealer.....Had probably 100 trucks.....Mainly Black/White/Brownish-Gold colors.

They just did start making a sharp blue on them this year (2013) and they
had none !

Blue Topaz Metallic !...But people won't buy it if the dealers won't order any.

Old 02-21-2013, 03:42 PM   #52
bandit38

Drives: Camaro SS - Trans Am - Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefallin2005 View Post
i called my dealer and they have the rims listed but no release date. When he tried to order them it rejected the order. List price is $1,289.15 with a $100.00 core for fronts and $1,312,87 with a $100.00 core for rears. Seems a bit higher than the black 10 spokes
That's good to know....sounds like they are coming !
Old 02-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #53
gmen09

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS ls3
I just noticed the Chevy SS wheels, are they the same as the new c7 corvette wheels, they look very similar
Old 02-21-2013, 09:02 PM   #54
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Absolutely disgusting! Looks like a Toyota with a Bowtie and SS emblems. How can GM have the nerve to park that next to a Camaro or Vette.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:07 PM   #55
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
If I wanted a 4 door sports sedan I would be on a Dodge lot looking at a Charger...not that plain jane SS wannabee. I guess adding some stripes was supposed to look cool. Pathetic...Chevy ...you can do better..try again and come back and see me when you get it right. I just know you can do better.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:34 PM   #56
68vert

Drives: 2010 SIM SS/RS, 1968 RS convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit38 View Post
I think a lot of that has to do with what the dealers order for their lots.

I knew a dealership back in the 90's when I was ordering my Trans Am when they offered Red Leather told me not to order it....said his district manager told him it didn't look good and not to order any for them to sell.....Obviously he would have ordered it just for me.....but none for the lot for people to see...so they didn't hardly sell any red interiors.

Just got home today from our local dealer.....Had probably 100 trucks.....Mainly Black/White/Brownish-Gold colors.

They just did start making a sharp blue on them this year (2013) and they
had none !

Blue Topaz Metallic !...But people won't buy it if the dealers won't order any.

Imagine if most cars on the road were bright or vivid colors. The dealers would say, we never order white, black or silver cars...who would want to buy those? The factory's have themselves in a catch-22 I believe.