Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 09-09-2009, 09:18 AM   #29
nfamous209

Drives: 2002 Camaro z28
Send a message via AIM to nfamous209 Send a message via Yahoo to nfamous209
whipple announced the s/c kit for the camaro on their site. yeah. link

"The new 2010 Whipple Supercharger Camaro system boasts the largest positive displacement supercharger currently available, the massive 2.9 liter W175AX. The new system utilizes the new Force Fed front feed inlet system for maximum airflow and maximum performance. With the industries biggest twin-screw superchargers, Whipple has also incorporated the biggest aluminum air-to-water intercooler for any of the LS series engines to make more power than any other positive displacement supercharger on the market. All while fitting nicely under the stock hood with zero modifications."
nfamous209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:30 AM   #30
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfamous209 View Post
whipple announced the s/c kit for the camaro on their site. yeah. link

"The new 2010 Whipple Supercharger Camaro system boasts the largest positive displacement supercharger currently available, the massive 2.9 liter W175AX. The new system utilizes the new Force Fed front feed inlet system for maximum airflow and maximum performance. With the industries biggest twin-screw superchargers, Whipple has also incorporated the biggest aluminum air-to-water intercooler for any of the LS series engines to make more power than any other positive displacement supercharger on the market. All while fitting nicely under the stock hood with zero modifications."
Old 09-16-2009, 10:31 AM   #31
nfamous209

link to whipple forum about the s/c. also here is a whipple 3.4L on a slightly modded LS1, yes they are planning an f-body kit as well. bout damn time.
video
Old 09-16-2009, 10:32 AM   #32
nfamous209

dont know how to embed, i tried, it didnt work.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:57 AM   #33
boostedyards86

Drives: Cummins 3500
the one thing you all are forgetting is that the LS3 is not built the same as the cobra and gt500 engines. Those, being boosted from the factory, do have stronger bottom ends and compression ratios suitable for boost. That is why they can up boost on stock motors more so then the LS3's. Now a built LS3 with a lil lower CR and even the 2300tvs will put out big numbers. Strap on a nice old twinscrew blower, a true compressor, and things will become very interesting. Honestly the tvs2300 has the ability to flow enough air for any street and drag car. But the motor must be built accordingly. A nice ole punched out LSX block with all the forged goodies could (pure guestimation) hit the 900whp mark.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:21 PM   #34
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
More info'! I wanna' see a supercharger shoot-out.

Similar size
Same boost
Same engine
Same dyno
Same AFRs
Same Day

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:17 PM   #35
BoostedX2

Drives: VR ZL1 #259/Nissan 370Z NISMO
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post

Similar size
Same boost
Same engine
Same dyno
Same AFRs
Same Day

+1
BoostedX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:46 PM   #36
nfamous209

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post

Similar size
Same boost
Same engine
Same dyno
Same AFRs
Same Day
i'd like to see it too, but i dont think theyre gonna put out the 2.3L unit for the 6.2.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:02 PM   #37
Jared@Lethal

Drives: 2010 GT500
NEW: Whipple 2.9L Supercharger Kit COMING SOON!

First off I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Jared and I'm the owner and president of Lethal Performance, Inc. located in Wellington, FL. I'm glad to be making my post on this forum as the Camaro is back and stronger than ever. We are an aftermarket performance parts manufacturer/distributor. We've been in the performance parts business since 2005 and have built our company around offering the highest level of customer service, competitive prices and fast shipping.

With that said our company has grown quite a bit in the last few years. We've managed to become large stocking distributors for some of the industry's most well known manufacturers.

One of them being Whipple Superchargers. We started selling Whipple's products shortly after we opened up and have built a very strong relationship with them over the past 4+ years. Since we've build that relationship it's enabled us to get exclusive information about their newest kits as well as enabled us to be the first to market them. Most of the time we have the rights to the first entire run of kits for a specific model.

Why I'm here is to introduce to the Camaro market the up and coming Whipple 2.9L Intercooler Supercharger Kit for the 2010+ Camaro SS. Many who aren't familiar with Whipple should learn pretty fast that they are the leaders in twin screw supercharging. Their compressors are highly efficient, reliable and create awesome power.

The all new 2010 Camaro kit uses the 2.9L 175ax compressor which is capable of producing up to 25psi on the 6.2L motor. The kit will be offered as a complete kit with tuning and fuel mods as well as a tuner kit for those who already have tuning and fuel stuff figured out. The base kit will be 8-10psi and emissions legal in all 50 states. This kit will also boast the largest Air/Water intercooler available in the Camaro market.

Here are a few pictures of what the kit will look like. Once we have pricing we'll be posting up the details and start taking names for the first run of kits which will be distributed exclusively through Lethal Performance.

In the meantime if you have any questions please feel free to give us a call or shoot me a PM.

Thanks, Jared
Jared@Lethal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:03 PM   #38
Jared@Lethal

Drives: 2010 GT500
NEW: Whipple 2.9L Supercharger Kit COMING SOON!

First off I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Jared and I'm the owner and president of Lethal Performance, Inc. located in Wellington, FL. I'm glad to be making my post on this forum as the Camaro is back and stronger than ever. We are an aftermarket performance parts manufacturer/distributor. We've been in the performance parts business since 2005 and have built our company around offering the highest level of customer service, competitive prices and fast shipping.

With that said our company has grown quite a bit in the last few years. We've managed to become large stocking distributors for some of the industry's most well known manufacturers.

One of them being Whipple Superchargers. We started selling Whipple's products shortly after we opened up and have built a very strong relationship with them over the past 4+ years. Since we've build that relationship it's enabled us to get exclusive information about their newest kits as well as enabled us to be the first to market them. Most of the time we have the rights to the first entire run of kits for a specific model.

Why I'm here is to introduce to the Camaro market the up and coming Whipple 2.9L Intercooler Supercharger Kit for the 2010+ Camaro SS. Many who aren't familiar with Whipple should learn pretty fast that they are the leaders in twin screw supercharging. Their compressors are highly efficient, reliable and create awesome power.

The all new 2010 Camaro kit uses the 2.9L 175ax compressor which is capable of producing up to 25psi on the 6.2L motor. The kit will be offered as a complete kit with tuning and fuel mods as well as a tuner kit for those who already have tuning and fuel stuff figured out. The base kit will be 8-10psi and emissions legal in all 50 states. This kit will also boast the largest Air/Water intercooler available in the Camaro market.

Here are a few pictures of what the kit will look like. Once we have pricing we'll be posting up the details and start taking names for the first run of kits which will be distributed exclusively through Lethal Performance.

In the meantime if you have any questions please feel free to give us a call or shoot me a PM.

Thanks, Jared
Jared@Lethal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:07 PM   #39
LSXgirl

Drives: turbo'd 4 banger
I like, any estimated power gains?
LSXgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:11 PM   #40
mrcowboy

Drives: SS Camaro RJT
Dyno...price?
mrcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote