Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-11-2010, 01:06 PM   #1
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Status of Pedders Sway Bars

Hey guys,

Just thought I would give you a heads up on the Camaro Sway Bars.

First the issue: the plant that makes the bars was in bad need of updating, plus they could no longer handle the orders. So they gutted the equipment, and redid all of it. The seriously huge piece of equipment they did was a massive military grade shot peening device that can do multiple units at one time. They also redesigned all the the bending and mandrel processes as well.

Now: Pete just got back from Au and toured the new plant. I chatted with him yesterday. the plant is ramping up rapidly.

Enhancements to our bars: I believe we have increased the front adjustments to 4 positions. All bars will be shot peened to a high military tolerance by the best equipment made. Then they will be bent, zinc plated, powder coated, then clear coated. so the protection and look of the bar will be outstanding. One of the areas of concern on the sway bars are the stops that limit the side to side movement. Most sway bar manufacturers weld these stops to the bars. Welding a high carbon tensile strength steel bar creates unneccessary stresses and reduces reliability, especially on hollow bars. We have a totally different process that does not involve steel welding. We are still working on several different processes that will all work. So our bars may come in with different methods of attaching the stops for a while, so the new plant can evaluate the best manufacturing processes. There is one more enhancement that has not been released yet for discussion.

Delivery: We will have 20 sets of Camaro bars in our warehouse no later than March 10. However, since they do not have Camaros in Au and the bars are being made with an entirely new and more accurate and better process, we will take one of the bar sets and do a USA fitment test. We always have done this. So if it passes the Pete Basica fitment test, then the other 19 sets will be shipped out ASAP, and then we will be able to accurately predict orders, and order accordingly. So by the end of March, our sway bar delivery issues will be over with.

We very much appreciate the patience of our Camaro customers. It has been ridiculus on how much time this has taken. But at least we can see light at the end of the tunnel

thanks,

Mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:17 PM   #2
1977and2010
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 1977 Z28, 2SSRS 2010 M6
Yeah I ordered mine in early December as well as bushing set and still waiting for everything or anything. About to jump ship to another competitor.
1977and2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 06:15 PM   #3
thekid96

Drives: Z06, 69 Camaro
Great to hear about the new plant and improvements, but that is about 75 days longer than I was quoted when I ordered my kit. Have you driven a Camaro hard in a canyon or on the track with C/O's and stock sway bars? Guess I won't either for another month or two...
thekid96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:12 AM   #4
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekid96 View Post
Great to hear about the new plant and improvements, but that is about 75 days longer than I was quoted when I ordered my kit. Have you driven a Camaro hard in a canyon or on the track with C/O's and stock sway bars? Guess I won't either for another month or two...
Pm me your order, and be specific about your date, and who you ordered it from. Also include your full name, and I will check on where your order is.

mike
dms
Old 02-12-2010, 01:45 PM   #5
thekid96

Drives: Z06, 69 Camaro
PM sent with requested info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post
Pm me your order, and be specific about your date, and who you ordered it from. Also include your full name, and I will check on where your order is.

mike
dms
thekid96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 11:29 AM   #6
Info@PeddersUSA.com

All pms sent to me I have sent to the office for info except one that did not give me any data on the order, which is a must

thanks
mike
dms
Old 02-13-2010, 08:39 PM   #7
1977and2010
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 1977 Z28, 2SSRS 2010 M6
Where is the office, Australia? Oh it probably is.
1977and2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 12:58 PM   #8
fixxxer525
Account Suspended

Drives: 01S10,01CBR600,05Ducati, 10 2SS/RS
Send a message via ICQ to fixxxer525
Had mine installed yesterday at Haddad Motorsports. Just don't go too stiff on the settings. It'll hit a bracket on inner wheel well and may have to cut a little and hammer and paint and presto. So we went to a "medium" setting and no hitting of the bracket. But this monster handles....OMG OMG OMG!!!
fixxxer525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 03:56 PM   #9
sting808

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer525 View Post
Had mine installed yesterday at Haddad Motorsports. Just don't go too stiff on the settings. It'll hit a bracket on inner wheel well and may have to cut a little and hammer and paint and presto. So we went to a "medium" setting and no hitting of the bracket. But this monster handles....OMG OMG OMG!!!
Can you provide a little more details please. Only waiting on swaybars before we install. I was told to set front and rear on max setting. I'd like to think clearance issues should have been addressed during testing.

Thx
sting808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 05:40 PM   #10
fixxxer525
Account Suspended

Call Mike at Haddad Motorsports at 310 412-8032 for the details of the settings. I should've taken pictures of the bracket.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:16 AM   #11
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer525 View Post
Call Mike at Haddad Motorsports at 310 412-8032 for the details of the settings. I should've taken pictures of the bracket.
Mike does great work; he installed and setup mine. Car is properly lowered and handles like a dream now.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:21 PM   #12
fixxxer525
Account Suspended

Yea, Mike is awesome. After the sway bar install, we ripped down E Florance for a test drive. That man can drive.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:42 PM   #13
HaddadMotorsports

Drives: Camaro
All issues have been resolved, the issues we had were setup issues, everything we did on fixxer's car was close to the edge. when running the stiffest setting on the front sway bar, on an agressively lowered car you simply have to adjust the adjustable endlinks out about a 1/2" in order to clear a factory tab. You do have the option to grind or hammer the tab, as it serves no function.

These are hands down the best bars on the market and are worth waiting for. No one has put more love into there bars than pedders has. All the way from development down to the manufacturing procedure. Its a top notch operation.

BTW while most companies were getting ready for the 2010 camaro's we already had over 1 year of development through the g8's (which is 95% identical).

No I am not biased. I do not work for pedders, I merely sell there stuff because its the best stuff that I can get my hands on for my clients.

Thanks
Mike Haddad
HaddadMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:35 PM   #14
RichJ.
Shop Owner

Drives: 1 ton silverado
Ditto Mikes response.
RichJ. is offline   Reply With Quote