Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-08-2009, 01:57 PM   #1
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Couple of Questions Camaro Black, stripe/wheels

What do you guys think of the hood on the Camaro Black? I was thinking of buying another hood and painting it the same flat black and installing it. The car I ordered is the IOM with W1H interior trim. I personally think it would look cool, but that is why I am asking. I remember seeing some of the late 60's and early 70's Mopars having the flat black hood.

Also..2SS/RS, wheels, painted argent silver. Is the optional polished wheel an extra cost?

Third, The AAY stripe package..I know, I know..I have read the posts and read the thread. Are they going to look like this

OR THIS

I personally like the first better...

If the stripes are like the first, cool, If like the second pic, I think I wall delete the stripe option. Will buy a hood, paint it like the Camaro Black and balance the W1H interior out a little better.

Thoughts?

Can someone photoshop that Camaro Black hood on an IOM? Would be cool to see what it would look like.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 03:00 PM   #2
blackZbandit

Drives: BLACK ON BLACK 2012 CAMARO SS
Neither. The stripes will ook like this:

I prefer bumblebee's stripes over the convertibles as they're straight while the convertibles stripes curve in on the outward edges. I want tripes with that appearance, just with no pinstripes. If I can't find good vinyl ones I guess I'll have to shell out for paint.

****Thanks to Silver Streak for the pic I used to make this sig****
blackZbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 03:42 PM   #3
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Hmmm..Looks like I am going to delete the stripe option unless someone on the board can replicate the Bumblebee stripes.

I am sure would cost maybe $1000-1500k to have the Bumblebee stripes painted and clearcoated.

I would have preferred the stripes transitioning into the bumper fascia.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 03:53 PM   #4
PonyMan

Drives: 2009 C6 4lt Vert, 2011 Camaro Vert
I am sure the reason for the Rally stripe only being on the hood is a cost/fit factor. The hood is striped off the car at the plant, that way there is no "line up" issue with the hood and nose/front.