Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-20-2012, 11:58 AM   #1
ronmarkey
The Dimpled Beast

Drives: 2011 2LT RS RJT
Samsung Galaxy S3 bluetooth

Hey,
I just got a new S3 and paired it with no problems. Get incoming calls fine, but when I try to make an outgoing call it seems like the phone is not hearing the name to dial or something. Outgoing works and connects if I do it from the phone, but am just unable to do it hands free like I did with my Thunderbolt.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ron
ronmarkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:21 PM   #2
jeepguy_1980

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Are you using the Camaro's built in dialer and address book? Or the crappy "bluetooth" then "voice" commands?

I recommend programming the car's phonebook and then just saying "call Bob" after the phone has connected to the car. Or just say "dial 123-555-1212."
jeepguy_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:16 PM   #3
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepguy_1980 View Post
Are you using the Camaro's built in dialer and address book? Or the crappy "bluetooth" then "voice" commands?

We really need to know how you are trying to make calls out in order to help you.

If you are simply saying "Call John Doe", you need to remember that this method ONLY works if spent the time programming John Doe into the car's memory by using the steps listed in the cars manual.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:57 PM   #4
ronmarkey
The Dimpled Beast

Drives: 2011 2LT RS RJT
With my Thunderbolt, the only way I could make the calls was with the "bluetooth, voice" command since the contact list would usually fail to load - and it worked pretty well for me. I didn't think to try the built-in dialer until jeepguy mentioned it. I have not programmed the numbers into the car, but it does download my contact list and I see all the numbers in the car's address book. Isn't that sufficient? However, I tried doing the Call John Doe using names in the address book and it didn't work. She just kept saying "Sorry", "Pardon"...
ronmarkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:17 PM   #5
jeepguy_1980

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmarkey View Post
With my Thunderbolt, the only way I could make the calls was with the "bluetooth, voice" command since the contact list would usually fail to load - and it worked pretty well for me. I didn't think to try the built-in dialer until jeepguy mentioned it. I have not programmed the numbers into the car, but it does download my contact list and I see all the numbers in the car's address book. Isn't that sufficient? However, I tried doing the Call John Doe using names in the address book and it didn't work. She just kept saying "Sorry", "Pardon"...
The Camaro doesn't download an address book. When you say "bluetooth" "voice," you are using Androids bluetooth voice system, which is actually pretty crappy. I don't think it's changed since Android 2.0, if ever.

If you take the time to program and store names into the Camaro's address book, it will then dial them using your phone, if your phone is connected. If your phone is not connected, it will try to use OnStar minutes. If you connect a different phone, it will use that phone.

Essentially, it's still just a dialer to your phone.
jeepguy_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote