Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-07-2014, 07:13 PM   #15
jason25

Drives: 2014 Camaro
I now this post is older but did anyone ever find out what this was, I am having the same issue with my 2014 v6,brought it in with around 500 miles and the tech said it was normal and didnt hear anything but if i did to hit it with belt dressing, today with 1100 miles it started again so i stoped and bought the dressing and did as he said, 75 miles later its still chirping, driving me nuts knowing i havent paid a single payment yet and already will have it back for the same noise twice.
jason25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:19 PM   #16
Candr3535

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Triple Black Vert M6 #5591
Check the belt on the damper or crank pulley. If it jumped one rib and not centered on the pulley it will chirp. Take your time and look very closely when engine is not running. I would bet its that even tho you have a v6. I had that problem on a v8. But it's very possible you have the same problem. Good luck
Dyna-Tech Headers Ceramic Coated w/Super Flo Cats, JRE Custom Rough Idle Racing Cam Package and 125 RWHP Pulley Kit w/ 28% pulley, Custom Tune by Ted, ID850 injectors, JMS Fuel Booster, NGK Plugs, MSD Plug Wires, Roto-Fab CAI, Roto-Fab Big Gulp, Elite Catch Can, Mild to Wild, 90mm VMaxx Ported Throttle Body, Skip Shift Elim., D3 Coolant Resevoir, Separated Clutch Resevoir, and Fuzzy Red Dice..
Candr3535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:38 AM   #17
jason25

Thanks, I will give it a good visual inspection again but didn't notice anything like that yesterday, like you said could be just one rib and I might have over looked it, I did like the OP and video taped the noise so the dealership doesn't think I am crazy, mine sounds just like his, sometimes louder than other times, sometimes you can't hear anything. Weird
Old 04-22-2014, 01:51 PM   #18
jason25

Had this happen again, this time I drove right to the dealer. They had a tech look and listen to it, he hears it but doesn't know what it could be either. I am bringing it back next week, they said it could be the water pump or something internal and they will scope it, I have no idea what that is but I am sick of this noise. 1750 miles, that's all that's on the car, first payment not even due yet and already I am upset with this car. I hope they find it.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:30 PM   #19
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Take the belts off and start it up. Just don't run it down the road. If it stops it's pulley related. If not it's internal.
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:44 PM   #20
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason25 View Post
Had this happen again, this time I drove right to the dealer. They had a tech look and listen to it, he hears it but doesn't know what it could be either. I am bringing it back next week, they said it could be the water pump or something internal and they will scope it, I have no idea what that is but I am sick of this noise. 1750 miles, that's all that's on the car, first payment not even due yet and already I am upset with this car. I hope they find it.
Sincere apologies to read about this noise jason25. I understand your displeasure and can appreciate your efforts to enlist the dealer's assistance with regard to this matter. You are free to keep me updated on this situation. Although we are unable to provide technical advice, we're here for additional assistance in working with the dealer.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:08 PM   #21
jason25

Thanks william and robert, i am letting the dealer handle this for now. I mean there are only 1802 miles on the car as of right this minute so no point in me taking anything apart although i would like to see it myself. I also believe it might be from the waterpump area, but we shall see.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:28 PM   #22
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Thanks william and robert, i am letting the dealer handle this for now. I mean there are only 1802 miles on the car as of right this minute so no point in me taking anything apart although i would like to see it myself. I also believe it might be from the waterpump area, but we shall see.
I understand,

Please keep us updated on the situation. We look forward to any further updates you provide.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 04-23-2014, 06:40 PM   #23
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
There is a service bullet out on the 10's to change the belt.

Think it was a poly replacement from the kevlar.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:07 PM   #24
jason25

Thanks, goes in tomorrow. Will keep this updated if the cause is found, mine is a 2014 and the belt was checked already. The noise wasn't all the time but now it's been everyday this week so I am hoping the dealer won't have an issue in the morning finding it.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:15 PM   #25
jason25

brought the car in this morning, received a call this afternoon that i wont have it back until tommorow, tech says its the fuel pump. i guess the lfx has the pump on the motor and thats whats making the noise, same noise as posted above by another member. i will keep you all in the loop because i still think it is the water pump pulley, but i could be wrong.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:44 PM   #26
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Thanks, goes in tomorrow. Will keep this updated if the cause is found, mine is a 2014 and the belt was checked already. The noise wasn't all the time but now it's been everyday this week so I am hoping the dealer won't have an issue in the morning finding it.
It's pleasing to read of the dealer visit you made as a result of this concerning situation. By all means, keep us posted on the continuing process and don't hesitate to let us know if additional assistance is needed.

Kind regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 04-30-2014, 12:59 PM   #27
jason25

Picked my car up and drove it back towards home, needed to make a stop first only 25 minutes after picking it up and that friggin noise is back, called the dealer immediately and let them know but they can't give me any answer other than that's what gm suggested they replace. First payment is due tommorrow and I am so pissed that I reported this twice and they had the car for two and a half days and the noise issue isn't resolved. I understand the dealt says they want to fix the problem but a car with 1980 miles shouldn't need this much attention, and replacing parts that didn't need to be pisses me off. So long story short.... No answer yet for others who might have this problem
Old 04-30-2014, 01:56 PM   #28
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
So what parts did they replace, or does that remain a mystery as well?
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote