Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 05-17-2013, 12:26 AM   #57
h018871
Geoff

Drives: 2020 ZL1 Green
I may have been a bit premature in my celebration.
Got info from my dealer that mine just got assigned a rail car number, so still a ways away. Oh well, it will just be that much better when it does get here.

To placate myself, I bought the skip shift eliminator so I could at least touch a part of the car……………………..
h018871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:40 AM   #58
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynabyte View Post
Since my car (built Feb 25) is exhibiting the rear end alignment problem with excessive wear on the inside of the rear tires - and a couple other folks here have reported this - perhaps this is the problem they are looking into? I have no evidence of this - just thinking out loud...

Do you have photos of this posted somewhere?

And for everyone waiting the first turn of the key will make it ALL better.... everyone that has one LOVES the 1LE equipped SS!!
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:39 AM   #59
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS/RS & z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjuarez View Post
does anyone know how long it take to get delivered from the distribution center?
02/25/2013 Build Date
03/28/2013 Arrived at dealership in Smyrna Georgia
03/29/2013 Closed deal, PDI, Drove it home.
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:58 AM   #60
h018871
Geoff

Finally.
My wife got a call from the dealer, finally (did I say that already??), car arrived this am. They have to clean it and add the tint, it will be ready for pick up tomorrow!

Sorry to gloat in front of those still waiting……………..IT HAS ARRIVED!

Unfortunate part is that I still have 3 more weeks before I get back home……….
I admit I’ll be happy to see the wife, but **MN, I’m ready for the car.

perma grin in place, and i haven't even driven it yet, good times ahead!
Old 05-21-2013, 12:01 PM   #61
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by h018871 View Post
Finally.
My wife got a call from the dealer, finally (did I say that already??), car arrived this am. They have to clean it and add the tint, it will be ready for pick up tomorrow!

Sorry to gloat in front of those still waiting……………..IT HAS ARRIVED!

Unfortunate part is that I still have 3 more weeks before I get back home……….
I admit I’ll be happy to see the wife, but **MN, I’m ready for the car.

perma grin in place, and i haven't even driven it yet, good times ahead!
I am curious, what was your TPW?
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:55 PM   #62
Overclock

Drives: 2000 Ford Ranger, 2013 AGM 2SS 1LE
Well my car finally arrived at the dealership yesterday afternoon, gotta go down to talk to the dealer and wrap everything up. Hopefully I will be driving it by Thursday!!

TPW 4/1....finally!
Overclock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #63
Toxikk
Lead Dev for Autoblog.com

Drives: GBA 13 2SS/1LE (Medusa)
still bayed for me according to becky a few min ago. four weeks now. dammit. this is killing me.
Toxikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:25 AM   #64
h018871
Geoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
I am curious, what was your TPW?
i honestly do not know what TPW my car is. it was due at the dealer 17Apr, so just over a month delay..............seemed a lot longer than that though
Old 05-22-2013, 10:42 AM   #65
Cammie 2011

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2ss 1LE and 2013 1LE
Wow, after reading this I guess I got lucky with my 1LE. it had a build date of 4/13/2013 and arrived at my local dealer 5 days ago, picked it up Saturday. I hope it gets better for you guys.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:16 AM   #66
Toxikk
Lead Dev for Autoblog.com

Drives: GBA 13 2SS/1LE (Medusa)
im not even gonna bother wasting my time checking anymore. its just making me even more upset and bitter each time it comes up bayed. was really looking forward to a better experience than this. oh well. maybe ill be happier not checking and having it just show up?
Old 05-22-2013, 11:27 AM   #67
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxikk View Post
im not even gonna bother wasting my time checking anymore. its just making me even more upset and bitter each time it comes up bayed. was really looking forward to a better experience than this. oh well. maybe ill be happier not checking and having it just show up?
Hang in there! I am sure it will be worth it. Did your dealer give you something to drive?

On a side note, if it would have been my call, and not destroyed the plans for changing over to the 2014 model year, I would have simply re-built the 1LEs and ZL1s that were caught in this hold. There are plenty of folks with TPW later than mine that have their car. I believe GM has made some bad decisions here. The great car that we are all supposed to eventually get will spin us back around, but it was a bad move by GM.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:38 PM   #68
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxikk View Post
Probably. My concern is these quality hold cars may be lemon's. I guess time will tell. Mine is bayed and this is a long time to be bayed. They have to be doing something to those cars.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:05 PM   #69
2Muchmark

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Send a message via ICQ to 2Muchmark Send a message via MSN to 2Muchmark Send a message via Skype™ to 2Muchmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post

Hello 2Muchmark,

I understand your frustrations with this delay circumstance. We definitely appreciate your patience and the patience of all our customers awaiting delivery. The Camaro ZL1 and 1LE are currently under a quality assessment review. The assessment involves looking at each ZL1 / 1LE unit still at Oshawa to ensure it meets our standards. After the assessment is completed, the units are sent off to the dealers.

Please understand, quality assessment does not necessarily mean there is an issue with any one or all the cars. It is the plant's opportunity to ensure the cars are meeting and exceeding the set standards before the unit is shipped to the dealer and ultimately delivered to the customer.

I hope this information helps.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Hi Reggie,

Thanks for the info but why couldn't the sales reps or GM customer "ambassadors" give me this information? The fact that I have to get the real answers from a fan forum is strange...

At any rate after 4 tries I finally chatted with a GM customer service rep who "confirmed" that the car was shipped last Monday May 20th (Wasn't that a holiday?) and that it is "on route". According to Google Maps Oshawa is only 4 hours from Montreal by train and by road. It is now 4 days later and still no car. I assume the train/truck has to stop to unload cars and that there's mountains of paperwork to do etc, but still.

GM, if you're reading this. You have a bazillion loyal customers who love your products. All we ask for is accurate delivery times, or at the very least, accurate and up to date information on delays. Come on...
2Muchmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:54 PM   #70
KlugSS

Ordered 4-16 and and arrived at my dealer today 5-23.

Tags
quality hold