Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 10-02-2009, 03:52 PM   #1
Daddy3

Drives: 2010 2SS Victory Red
Tranny Problems

I have had my SS2 for about a month now, it's automatic! the problem you can be crusing between 40 or 50 mph. I was behind some slow traffic, when it was clear, I went for the pass, nothing happened, it was like the car was in neutral the rpm's raced up and that was it. I tucked back in and tried again, same thing happened. I took it to the dealer, got the mechanic in the car and was able to get the car to do the same thing. Now after a week at the dealer, I got my car back and was told that they agree, it's got a problem, but have no solution at this time. Is this happening to any of you? the car only has 790 miles and this really blows!
Daddy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 03:58 PM   #2
Daddy3

Also during all of this, no codes! Everything is normal.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:35 PM   #3
OBSSEST

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS, Black
we'll need a picture of you sitting in your car holding a current newspaper before it can be diagnosed properly.
OBSSEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:42 AM   #4
rObOtOm3000

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I have also noticed something somewhat similar with mine. When coming up to a light slowly, then the light goes green and I accelerate (gently, I'm still breaking it in). The car seems to not be in the right gear (or even in gear) and so it does not take off right away. If instead I get on it a little harder, it waits a sec then takes off like a shot. I read in the manual that it downshifts to 2nd when you take your foot off the gas. Could this be what is causing this? Anyone know if this is normal for all auto trans or our ars more touchy than normal? Can this be tuned at all (like making it not downshift so early?). If I want it to take off like a shot, I'll just get on it like every other auto trans I've had.
rObOtOm3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:31 AM   #5
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by rObOtOm3000 View Post
I have also noticed something somewhat similar with mine. When coming up to a light slowly, then the light goes green and I accelerate (gently, I'm still breaking it in). The car seems to not be in the right gear (or even in gear) and so it does not take off right away. If instead I get on it a little harder, it waits a sec then takes off like a shot. I read in the manual that it downshifts to 2nd when you take your foot off the gas. Could this be what is causing this? Anyone know if this is normal for all auto trans or our ars more touchy than normal? Can this be tuned at all (like making it not downshift so early?). If I want it to take off like a shot, I'll just get on it like every other auto trans I've had.
It only downshifts to second at a stop in Tap mode. In M or D it shifts back to first at a stop. I tested this by going 1000 rpm in M D first and second.
1000 rpm in M D or first = 6 mph
1000 rpm in second = 8 mph
Have you done the fuse pull? My A6 was jerky until I did the 5 and 20 fuse pull overnight. This really works unlike most bull crap from the internet. See the thread under V-8 engines for directions.
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:40 AM   #6
rObOtOm3000

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Thanks for the advice HDDAN. I'll try that tonight and post back.
rObOtOm3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 03:57 PM   #7
Daddy3

Oh Tan and Green thanks! Clown.

Anyway, now my car is approaching two weeks in the shop and still nothing! lots of ideals, no solution!
Old 10-22-2009, 01:06 PM   #8
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
I have the same issue. Dealer told me they wouldn't look at my transmission because of my exhaust modification...

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:47 AM   #9
Daddy3

Well we are in week three, the outcome was internal o-ring leaked fluid by and burnt the clutch pack, so the dealer said! Still waiting on parts and no ETA on them! What can you do besides wait?
Old 10-27-2009, 10:53 AM   #10
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy3 View Post
Well we are in week three, the outcome was internal o-ring leaked fluid by and burnt the clutch pack, so the dealer said! Still waiting on parts and no ETA on them! What can you do besides wait?
get pictures or actually see your transmission pulled apart.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:15 AM   #11
Daddy3

I'll do that on the way home today, it seems from reading the board this tranny problem is getting bigger. hope GM gets it fixed soon! Thanks for you help, CS23
Old 10-28-2009, 07:13 AM   #12
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
I'll do that on the way home today, it seems from reading the board this tranny problem is getting bigger. hope GM gets it fixed soon! Thanks for you help, CS23

no prob. I've been away from the site for about a month or so and havent been fully updated about this problem, but I will look into it and see what I can find.

btw, you are running premium fuel and have done the fuse pull trick right? jw.

and part of the reason I wanted you to go get pics of your trans apart is because I've seen some cases where shops take the car and "test" the issue.... on the road. next thing you know, you've got an extra 100-200 miles on the odo.
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Old 10-28-2009, 09:54 AM   #13
Daddy3

Well strange you said that, i went to take pics yesterday. when I arrived my car was setting outside. I ask whar was going on, that just this morning I was told that we were waiting on parts. Well the car is fixed he said, I looked at the paper work and they had replaced filter kit, seal kit, housing, plates, ring, piston, dam and some other plate. he also said that we drove the car about 25 miles and everything was good. When I dropped the car off it had 792 miles, it now has 1046 miles on it, a ding in the passenger side door and it lost 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th gear 5 miles from the dealer. i had to drive back in first gear, total BS. I can't prove they dented the door, my car is still broke and I'm driving a Traverse mini van that they gave me. I'm not sure what's worse!
Old 10-28-2009, 10:40 AM   #14
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
Well strange you said that, i went to take pics yesterday. when I arrived my car was setting outside. I ask whar was going on, that just this morning I was told that we were waiting on parts. Well the car is fixed he said, I looked at the paper work and they had replaced filter kit, seal kit, housing, plates, ring, piston, dam and some other plate. he also said that we drove the car about 25 miles and everything was good. When I dropped the car off it had 792 miles, it now has 1046 miles on it, a ding in the passenger side door and it lost 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th gear 5 miles from the dealer. i had to drive back in first gear, total BS. I can't prove they dented the door, my car is still broke and I'm driving a Traverse mini van that they gave me. I'm not sure what's worse!
W...T...F....

that is some serious BS.

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote: