Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2010 Camaro5 Fest (I)

Old 04-05-2010, 06:30 AM   #1
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
IF YOUR ROUTE TAKES YOU TO I-75 SOUTHBOUND... LOOK HERE

I-75 CORRIDOR CARAVAN.

C5 Fest is nearing but if you want to join in, its not too late.

Monroe, MI - Beaverdam - Cincinnati - Knoxville - Chattanooga - Atlanta - Valdosta

ALL TIMES ARE Eastern Daylight Time (EST +1 for daylight saving time which starts March 14)

If you are coming from a different time zone or an area that doesn't recognize DST, please plan accordingly!

Date: Thursday, April 15th 2010

Meet Location in Monroe, MI - 11 AM:

Cracker Barrel
1101 Ternes Drive
Monroe, MI

Directions to Cracker Barrel: I-75 S exit 15 for Dixie Hwy toward Downtown Monroe, Turn right at N Dixie Hwy, Take the 1st left onto Ternes Dr - Depart restaurant about 11 am for Beaverdam.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meet Location in Beaverdam, OH - 12:30 PM:

Flying J Travel Plaza
420 East Main Street
Beaverdam, OH 45808

After fuel and a short break, we will leave at 1 pm to meet up with the Cincinnati group. Our travel time is approximately 2.5 hours.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LOCATION A: Meet Location in Cincinnati, OH: 3:45 PM
Meeting at the rest area on I-75 southbound in Walton, KY, mile marker 177. It is 15 miles south of Cincinnati on I-75.
Route of Travel: I-75 south. Departing rest area about 4:00 pm Thursday, April 15, stopping in Knoxville, TN for the night.
LOCATION B: Fuel/rest stop (optional) - Berea, KY

Date: Friday, April 16th 2010

LOCATION C: Meet Location in Knoxville, TN: - DEPARTING: 6:00 AM SHARP

Best Western Cedar Bluff
420 North Peters Road
Knoxville, TN 37922

We will all meet at the hotel in the morning and depart at 6:00 AM. Please have your vehicles fueled up and ready to go at 6:00 AM. If you are meeting at the hotel, please be there early.
LOCATION D: Meet Location in Chattanooga, TN: - ARRIVING: 7:30AM, DEPARTING: 8:00 AM SHARP
Meeting at the Georgia Welcome center on I-75 southbound Georgia mile marker 352.
Route of Travel: I-75 south. Departing rest area about 8:00 am Friday, April 16, heading to Atlanta, Ga.
We will allow 15 minutes at the rest area to use the RR and get settled in with the other group. We will head out for ATL at 8:00 sharp.
LOCATION E: Pit stop: MTI in Marietta, GA As we travel through Georgia, just north of Atlanta, we will be stopping at MTI for their open house. We plan to arrive about 9:15 am and stick around about an hour. Their address is:

MTI
1190 Hayes Industrial Dr
Marietta, GA 30062

Click HERE for information on the MTI open house!

We need to head out of MTI by 10:00. This will allow an hour to get through ATL... FINGERS CROSSED. If we run late, that will cut into our time at Summit Racing because there is big group meeting us there and we are set to leave Summit at noon.
LOCATION F: Meet Location in Atlanta, GA: - ARRIVING: 11:30 AM, DEPARTING: 12:30 SHARP
Meeting at Summit Racing, 20 King Mill Road, McDonough, GA 30253
We will allow 1 hour at this stop to fuel up, get some lunch and do some shopping at Summit if you like. I allowed a little extra time for the groups to get through Atlanta traffic.

Summit Racing
20 King Mill Road
McDonough, GA 30253

*** Some drivers will be picking up the group in Macon, GA. We are not scheduling a stop here but there will likely be a group staged and I will contact someone with the group so they could join up. We should hit Macon about 1:30.

If you have never been to a Summit Racing retail store, it is really something to see. We will depart Summit Racing at 12:30 sharp and head to the FEST! The last 230 miles should be pretty impressive with such a large caravan!
LOCATION G: VALDOSTA, GA!

TOTAL TRIP:

Route of Travel: I-75 South Departing Knoxville 6:00AM, travelling to Chattanooga.
Departing Chattanooga at 8:00AM, travelling to Atlanta.
Metting up with the Central group from OKC.
Departing Atlanta (Summit Racing) at 12:30 noon and heading to Valdosta.
Plan on arriving in Valdosta by 4:00 PM.

DISCLAIMER:
Key to the success of such a large caravan is making sure we stay on time. Times and meeting points are being determined for all routes and locations. It is imperative that we maintain the time frames indicated. The times will be set to allow a limited amount of time for groups to meet up and move out. When you select a meeting point, be there BEFORE the specified meeting time. Groups will need to depart the meeting locations at the specified times as to not be late to the next stop. The groups will be in contact with each other to update on progress along the way. Individual drivers may want to have contact information of the other members of the group they are in.

PM Contact: jrhaus76
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote