Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 02-22-2011, 12:13 PM   #1597
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
I've sat in on intelligence briefs that were less ambiguous...

DUDE! HOME STRETCH!!!!!
Starting to feel some excitement. Both for this and the other stuff that only you know about...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE1320 View Post
I'm also doing some custom work to the Outlaw outer stubs to clear some bolts.
These will be a bolt in deal thanks to the combined work of Nelson Racing Engines and Gforce Engineering.
The Outlaw stubs clear the Spohn control arms and maybe others. We machined bolt clearance into a backup set we made for this project and will have them powder coated and shipped out tomorrow.
Once we get these little details worked out the Outlaw 33 spline axles and stubs will be a bolt in kit
I wont even throw a hp rating on these bad boyz, this is Promod stuff LOL
Absolutely ProMod level IRS. If we actually break this it means the SST had bigger problems...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE1320 View Post
You can tell me the real #'s Bruce. I've had top secrete security clearance at Boeing, Northrop and a couple other places My lips are sealed..
Yeah, been there. This is a different kind of clearance. Call it C5 TS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpxxii View Post
If you watch the Nelson Racing video of them showing cars they are working on, they walk by this one black camaro and state it will be at 1600hp when its done. Hmmmmm, I wonder if that was Bruces camaro sitting there?
If it looks and smells and acts the same...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Did his conversation sound like this?

He told me a number in a round about way.... but... it's almost unbelievable. The only reason I believe it is his and Nelson's integrity, but still... DAYUM!
Actually he told everyone but I guess only I could see it
Nice. The true part is the SST spent around 83 days in Area 51 at Oshawa in the Spring of '09.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
What he said ^^^
Yep, good 'ol Area 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
i don,t really believe car is at nelson, i think its a sham...there are aerial satelite reports of a mystical camaro in area51...witnesses have heard loud whoosh souns followed by sonic booms...but there camera,s could only get a glimpse of what appears to be camaro tailights..
...and again Area 51. Gonna have to pull out the Area 51 Avatar again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_Camaro_SS View Post
Ok interesting story, I just went to Nelsons about 2 weeks ago, and saw a black camaro there. thought nothing of it lol. then 1st time ever just happend to click camaros of the week and the only one I clicked on is yours just to check out some pics. I saw that the post started in June so didnt really connect the 2. Then when I got to the last pages and seen that its still today and its still there. Kinda is weird that its the same one. Now ima have to go check it out again maybe with the owner there!!!! Id love to see it and here about it
That is probably the SST since there is only one that I know of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGen427CI View Post
So basiacally the car is done except for the "special" pieces for the driveshaft.
Very, very close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Cool. Maybe YOU can get some pictures and actual specific info for us. The owner is not very forthcoming with specifics.

Speedster is the master of obscurantism.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obscurantism
Here is my definition of obscurantism: lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
So you mean... He's obscuring progressive enlightenment?
No, just obscuring the obscure...

What one of my enlightened college room mates told me my freshman year: When the going gets tough, the weird turn pro.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:26 PM   #1598
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Is it April yet....?

I mean...

Is it March 1st yet....?
Old 02-22-2011, 01:08 PM   #1599
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Is it April yet....?

I mean...

Is it March 1st yet....?
rush April all you want, but 1 March can wait!! i still got boldface & ops limits to memorize before then for initial flight screening
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:09 PM   #1600
speedster
SST...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Is it April yet....?

I mean...

Is it March 1st yet....?

Notice the "tentatively scheduled" for 3/1. Been down this road so many times, BUT it should be the real date this time. Different kind of phone conversation...
Old 02-22-2011, 01:53 PM   #1601
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Notice the "tentatively scheduled" for 3/1. Been down this road so many times, BUT it should be the real date this time. Different kind of phone conversation...

... I hope you are running on the dyno as scheduled..

More for your sake more than ours. After all, it is YOUR car..

We just want to drool on it. You better have some Spittoon's at the fest available for all of the jaw dropping going on...
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:24 PM   #1602
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
found it!
Attached Images

Old 02-22-2011, 02:56 PM   #1603
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
OK...I'm still working on pics, but I was able to sneak in and get some video of Bruce's engine test.

Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:00 PM   #1604
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
OK...I'm still working on pics, but I was able to sneak in and get some video of Bruce's engine test.

Good Lord, did you see the size of the padeyes they use to anchor that trailer... Those are at least 100 ton padeyes... if not more... we have a few of those on the rig and they are frigg'in huge...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:02 PM   #1605
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Good Lord, did you see the size of the padeyes they use to anchor that trailer... Those are at least 100 ton padeyes... if not more... we have a few of those on the rig and they are frigg'in huge...
Otherwise known as SST parking brakes!
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:13 PM   #1606
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
Otherwise known as SST parking brakes!
or a "Roll Stop" for his burnouts...

So, inquiring minds want to know... every track I've been to, the non race cars ususlly do a simple burnout and never get to the lights like the big boys do, is there a specific point at which they no longer worry about you rolling through the lights a little while doing a burnout...if necessary.... I do have a line lock on the way, but my street tires used to push the locked fronts when doing a good burnout. I can't imagine what 850-900 plus HP and drag radials will do.... my fronts may end up looking like Fred Flintstones feet....

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

Old 02-22-2011, 03:15 PM   #1607
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:

So, inquiring minds want to know... every track I've been to, the non race cars ususlly do a simple burnout and never get to the lights like the big boys do, is there a specific point at which they no longer worry about you rolling through the lights a little while doing a burnout...if necessary.... I do have a line lock on the way, but my street tires used to push the locked fronts when doing a good burnout. I can't imagine what 850-900 plus HP and drag radials will do.... my fronts may end up looking like Fred Flintstones feet....
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:37 PM   #1608
speedster
SST...

Quote:

Most classes will not let you burnout through the lights. Some can disqualify you for that. Big burnouts are normally reserved for Pro classes or the very low single digit cars...
Old 02-22-2011, 03:51 PM   #1609
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:

What one of my enlightened college room mates told me my freshman year: When the going gets tough, the weird turn pro. [/COLOR]
Was it his girlfriend that said, "I'm drunker than a 2 by 4" ?
Old 02-22-2011, 04:02 PM   #1610
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Most classes will not let you burnout through the lights. Some can disqualify you for that. Big burnouts are normally reserved for Pro classes or the very low single digit cars...
OK, so a burnout, and then back up and do it again if necessary... or in your case, "the very low single digit cars" you'll probalby be allowed to roll through them if needed...

Tags
engine psi > tire psi, f5....., holy crap!, horsepower, omgwtfbbqsaucepowa!!!, speedster, sst, turbo