Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-02-2010, 03:50 PM   #883
abaucom21

Drives: 2011 2LT White, 1966 TBird conv.
Regarding 2011 pricing, overall, I am pleased for myself and all others that have pre-ordered a 2011. I really did not care one way or another if my 2LT came with HUD or not but sure that just a US $350 bump in price made many happy. However, I live in Canada and still somewhat concerned how much above US $350 GM Canada is going to hit us up for. GM Canada charges Canadian dealers much more then GM US charges their dealers, it is not the Canadian dealers trying to stick it to their customers. Just something else for me overly dwell on before my 2LT is deliverd end of July, or early August (I ordered May 18 and signed over trade-in title that date). Just another additional price I might have to negotiate when I am called to deliver the check. But to be fair, my dealer has so far been accomodating during our two months of pre-order price negotiations. No reason for me to dwell, just have to see how it plays out, easy transaction or difficult transaction. On a personal level, I will continue to think about it as we agreed on a deal I thought was fair, which was only within a few hundred dollars of my comfort zone (paying cash).
Bottom line, happy to hear the 2011 is basically only US $350 above the 2010. Will post on the Canada forum anything else relating to my pre-order experience so as not to bore you US Camaro fans.
abaucom21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:33 PM   #884
vr2ss
Banned

Drives: 2010 victory red 2ss
thats pretty sick man i wish mine had an hud but it kinda takes away from the sleekness of the dash and all...
vr2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:04 AM   #885
DUGG

Drives: 2010 Imperial Blue Metallic 2LT
I wish someone would do an actual cost breakdown of retrofitting a 2010 with an HUD system.......I'd pay a couple grand, but I wouldn't pay $10,000....
DUGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 06:41 PM   #886
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUGG View Post
I wish someone would do an actual cost breakdown of retrofitting a 2010 with an HUD system.......I'd pay a couple grand, but I wouldn't pay $10,000....
It's $375 to do it in the Vette. I hope it's a similar cost for the Camaro. $1,000 is steep I'd pass at that price.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:37 AM   #887
Sledheadrick
Got vert??

Drives: 2004 Pontiac GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Early 2011. And why do you care about a smaller displacement engine? Wanting a faster car? Sure. Wanting less displacement?
The gist of what I am saying is that Ford is giving their faithful what they wanted, a 5.0 engine in a vert.

Wish Chevy would get their feet out of the concrete blocks and slip into some running shoes. This prolonged wait is painful. The economy is going to push me in a different direction before I get what I'm looking for. It may just have to be a Mustang 5.0 vert for me.

Heck, why would I buy a Cam5 vert when the Cam6 is being designed on a lighter chasis? How far behind would a Cam6 vert be? Obviously Chevy has other priorities...
Current rides:
2004 GTO, mods: some-a-dis, some-a-dat
2007 TBSS
Sledheadrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:44 PM   #888
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledheadrick View Post
The gist of what I am saying is that Ford is giving their faithful what they wanted, a 5.0 engine in a vert.

Wish Chevy would get their feet out of the concrete blocks and slip into some running shoes. This prolonged wait is painful. The economy is going to push me in a different direction before I get what I'm looking for. It may just have to be a Mustang 5.0 vert for me.

Heck, why would I buy a Cam5 vert when the Cam6 is being designed on a lighter chasis? How far behind would a Cam6 vert be? Obviously Chevy has other priorities...
It was initially supposed to be out by now. Their plan got screwed up when GM and a major supplier for the convertible went bankrupt last year.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:33 AM   #889
wan712mc
2010ss,94z,83z,79c

Drives: 1994 z28 camaro/2010ss
did they do anything about the "POP UP" sunroof ?
wan712mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:45 AM   #890
WAGS572

Drives: 2007 SILVERADO 1969 CAMARO
Think there will be any news on the Z28 today?
WAGS572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:07 AM   #891
Cam#7

Drives: 2011 2LT IBM / SIM stripe 6M
They don't have a strong incentive yet to build the Z28 this year. SS sales are still very strong. I also think they'll do us a favor and introduce a new 5.0 liter V8 in the Z28. They have to get into the double overhead cam / 32 valve era. The Z28 has a reputation to maintain as a fast winding engine.

The SS engines have no reason to change. But I think they'll keep tweaking the V6. It would be nice to see an exhaust upgrade and additional rear end options.
Cam#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:13 AM   #892
91RS

Drives: 1991 RS
Im disappointed that they didnt offer any new colros for 2011. Ok theyre offering that disgusting Synergy green for a limited time, I could care less. How can they not bring in a new blue???? What happened to the plans of Hydro Blue? What they should definitely do is offer the bumblebee yellow. I know they say its expensive but its just paint, how expensive can it be? Plus it would totally be worth it, that color is the BEST color for the Camaro.
91RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:51 AM   #893
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by wan712mc View Post
No, they did not re-engineer the entire roof

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAGS572 View Post
Think there will be any news on the Z28 today?
I don't think we'll hear much from GM until they officially confirm it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91RS View Post
Im disappointed that they didnt offer any new colros for 2011. Ok theyre offering that disgusting Synergy green for a limited time, I could care less. How can they not bring in a new blue???? What happened to the plans of Hydro Blue? What they should definitely do is offer the bumblebee yellow. I know they say its expensive but its just paint, how expensive can it be? Plus it would totally be worth it, that color is the BEST color for the Camaro.
Colours can be added in at any time, look at Synergy Green. Its possible that something could be added next winter. And 'Bumble Bee Yellow' (I forget the real name) is extremely expensive (thousands of dollars per car). Though I have wondered what would happen if they used a tint coat on top of rally yellow. Should give it that shifting yellow to gold colour at minimal extra cost.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 06-08-2010, 12:26 PM   #894
mondain

Drives: toyota
Quote:
Originally Posted by wan712mc View Post
Like what?
mondain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:59 PM   #895
garyboothe

Drives: 2018 Camaro Garnet Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsound View Post
Honestly, it's not that big of a deal.

If you race, you're not going to stay stock anyway.

If you don't, it's still a great car and stands out in a sea of Stangs.

I love my Camaro!

Well said!
garyboothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:11 PM   #896
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondain View Post
Like what?
integrating it so that it slides into the roof rather than becoming a roof mounted spoiler

Camaro Fest sub-forum

Tags
2011, 2011 camaro, 2011 chevrolet camaro, 2011 chevy camaro, trolls