Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-30-2012, 10:16 PM   #15
norton750

Drives: 2010 2LT sumit white
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarozzzz View Post
But why is it then that when the dollar is in favor of America such as currently. Americans are allowed to come here and buy up all of the Canadian cars and take them home.

This seems like a one way policy. I would agree with it if it where 2 way. But this is 100% targeted at charging Canadians more.
this is not a government policy. it is a thing that all the manufactuers do to keep us over paying for everything
norton750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:17 PM   #16
camarozzzz

Drives: Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbeth15 View Post
Has anybody told the GM execs where the camaro's made?
Haha! Exactly...that is what was the last straw for me when I did my researching...could not believe they would create such a shady low brow policy.
camarozzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:18 PM   #17
camarozzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by norton750 View Post
this is not a government policy. it is a thing that all the manufactuers do to keep us over paying for everything
The government helps though! The province I live in, they make it EXTREMELY confusing, pricey - inspection, paperwork etc wise to bring a vehicle in. I have brought in many, and every time its a month long task. The prices on just taxing, inspections etc make it so that you only end up saving 2-4 grand in the end rather than 5-6 grand.

The American government does nothing to stop this law breaking on the corporations part, and the Canadian government simple stands by and helps enforce the policy by creating barriers in the bring over process. It is a giant collaborated effort.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:19 PM   #18
norton750

it's not just GM. its all of them. Skidoo, Motorcycle, everything
Old 06-30-2012, 10:20 PM   #19
norton750

Quote:
The government helps though! The province I live in, they make it EXTREMELY confusing, pricey - inspection, paperwork etc wise to bring a vehicle in. I have brought in many, and every time its a month long task. The prices on just taxing, inspections etc make it so that you only end up saving 2-4 grand in the end rather than 5-6 grand.

The American government does nothing to stop this law breaking on the corporations part, and the Canadian government simple stands by and helps enforce the policy by creating barriers in the bring over process. It is a giant collaborated effort.
true:(
Old 06-30-2012, 10:24 PM   #20
camarozzzz

The only solution I have found would be to go with a American friend. Have them buy the car for you, then transfer it all over. Then return to said dealership as the owner and file a complaint with the dealership that they had sold to a Canadian HAHA. That would teach them.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:39 PM   #21
Pay2Play

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I work at a Toyota dealerships and Toyota doesn't allow us to sell a vehicle to somebody or businesses that we know are planning to export the vehicle out of the US. It basically comes down to the fact that's it's revenue that is being taken away from the dealers in those countries. It's also revenue that is being take away from those countries economy.

Toyota (and all manufactures) keep a list of vehicles that are exported and send it to the dealers. We are not allowed to sell a vehicle to any person or business on that list.

If Toyota finds out we knowingly sold a vehicle that was being exported they can charge us back any holdback or incentive money that was available for that vehicle. So for example if we sold a Tundra that currently has a $2500 rebate and it's exported and Toyota can prove we knew, they can charge that $2500 rebate back to us.

I have to turn away customers every month that want to purchase a vehicle and export it. A large majority of the customers we deal with want to purchase and export want to send them to Africa because of the large profit they can make when reselling them.
2010 RJT 2SS/RS LS3: LG Motorsports Longtube Headers w/ Off-Road Pipes, RX VMax Throttle Body, CAI Cold Air Intake, Borla S-Type Catback, Pfdat Stage 2 Suspension Package, ZL1 Grille, RJT Engine Cover, Black Bowties & All Lights Tinted. Tuned by JRE
Pay2Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:48 PM   #22
Yellow Camaro

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
I agree with the others....I sell highline German cars, and it's EXACTLY the same. Exportation is a serious issue not taken lightly by the manufacturers. Like others noted above, they maintain a "known exporter" list and you cannot sell to those people. Additionally, all new cars must be registered before leaving the lot.

No one manufacturer is any different than the others as I understand it.
Yellow Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:49 PM   #23
camarozzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pay2Play View Post
I work at a Toyota dealerships and Toyota doesn't allow us to sell a vehicle to somebody or businesses that we know are planning to export the vehicle out of the US. It basically comes down to the fact that's it's revenue that is being taken away from the dealers in those countries. It's also revenue that is being take away from those countries economy.

Toyota (and all manufactures) keep a list of vehicles that are exported and send it to the dealers. We are not allowed to sell a vehicle to any person or business on that list.

If Toyota finds out we knowingly sold a vehicle that was being exported they can charge us back any holdback or incentive money that was available for that vehicle. So for example if we sold a Tundra that currently has a $2500 rebate and it's exported and Toyota can prove we knew, they can charge that $2500 rebate back to us.

I have to turn away customers every month that want to purchase a vehicle and export it. A large majority of the customers we deal with want to purchase and export want to send them to Africa because of the large profit they can make when reselling them.

This is basically what my research found, as well the emails I exchanged with the dealership revealed. Its bullshit because in Canada dealerships will sell to Americans when the dollar is in America's favor...meaning it is a hypocritical law and obviously with everything you have said it makes sense but not when its a one way policy...clearly it is in favor of someone. There was a situation a few years back here when hundreds upon hundreds of Canadian vehicles were bought and shipped to America by dealerships because the dollar hit really high. Yet no policies were brought in...
Old 06-30-2012, 10:50 PM   #24
camarozzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Camaro View Post
I agree with the others....I sell highline German cars, and it's EXACTLY the same. Exportation is a serious issue not taken lightly by the manufacturers. Like others noted above, they maintain a "known exporter" list and you cannot sell to those people. Additionally, all new cars must be registered before leaving the lot.

No one manufacturer is any different than the others as I understand it.
I understand. I hope I do not come off as blaming GM 100% I am aware of other manufacturers doing that, voiding warranties on exports etc. But this hit me hard as it was a personal issue I had to go through. Wasted my time etc.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:38 PM   #25
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
This is basically what my research found, as well the emails I exchanged with the dealership revealed. Its bullshit because in Canada dealerships will sell to Americans when the dollar is in America's favor...meaning it is a hypocritical law and obviously with everything you have said it makes sense but not when its a one way policy...clearly it is in favor of someone. There was a situation a few years back here when hundreds upon hundreds of Canadian vehicles were bought and shipped to America by dealerships because the dollar hit really high. Yet no policies were brought in...
You are incorrect. American Dealers are not allowed to sell to customers in Canada and Vice Versa.

It is not only GM - it is every manufacturer.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:40 PM   #26
camarozzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
You are incorrect. American Dealers are not allowed to sell to customers in Canada and Vice Versa.

It is not only GM - it is every manufacturer.
That is not what the news here showed. Showed Canadian cars being bought up and taken south.

Yes I know it is most manufacturers. Funny though, if you search enough you WILL find a dealership that wants your money.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:48 PM   #27
Envious
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Twin Turbo Synergy RS Coupe
I use to sell Vipers out of the country until Chrysler found out. Their reasoning was they would not honor the warranty out of the country which would cause. A major customer dissatisfaction Secondly it was an emissions / safety issue thirdly they told us there are different options in different countries such as lighting mirrors glass tint etc. They told us there were no exceptions, even to Canada That doesn't stop a private owner from selling you one to take to Canada, but good luck getting it through customs.
Envious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:00 AM   #28
jmontalvo

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow 2LS
There was a 16 year old girl (I want to say she was Pakistani of descent but was born here in the good ol' U.S.) with her father at an Apple Store looking for an iPad. They're with one of the people that work there when she starts talking to her father in their native language. The guy that works there looks at them and asks "What language is that?" They say the name of the language and how they're Pakistani(?). The guy tells them that he cannot sell them the iPad, that it's corporate policy. They leave and email Apple support and they tell them it's because they don't sell to Pakistan and if the guy were to sell to them, they could fly over and use it over there for God knows what. But the email also read that they could just buy one off the internet. Wtf is wrong with companies nowadays?!
|Trifecta Tune|Custom Magnaflow Exhaust|Cold Air Inductions C.A.I.|BBK LTs w/ HFC|Anvil Rear Notch Glossy CF Spoiler|Body Color Heritage Grille|10 spoke polished ZL1 replica wheels|VMAX ported TB|RS Headlights|Night Owl RGB Halos
jmontalvo is offline   Reply With Quote