Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 01:13 AM   #155
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Just for future reference, Leftlane News is a little hit-or-miss. There have been a number of Camaro articles they've posted that have been just plain wrong, like saying the Z28 has never been higher than the SS. They are also pretty import-biased, especially their readership, if the comment sections are any good sampling. Anyway unfounded rumors make their way through organizations all the time, so while I don't doubt at all that the sources here are GM employees, perhaps even senior GM employees, that doesn't mean they're directly in the decision making group for the Camaro. I deal with this all the time at my work. We're just about to start on a major overhaul and expansion for one of our properties, and the rumors are flying. Many of them are true, many are close to true, many used to be true, and many are just out of left field. Things change all the time, people gossip (yes even execs) and sometimes things are misunderstood. I totally understand the trust you're placing in these sources, but luckily this time we can breathe a sigh of relief as they have been addressed by someone we know is extremely close to the project.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
Old 07-12-2008, 01:16 AM   #156
octane_n_veins

Drives: 95 Camaro Z28
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I don't doubt that some more exotic projects were shelved; it would only make sense that GM focuses as a whole on more fuel efficient models. But the Z28 (assuming there is one) is still a go according to Scott. No offense meant to you, but in a game of Camaro poker; a Royal Scott beats a direct contact.
Scott is not a direct contact. But he was a FORMER Camaro and Firebird Brand Manager, and he is current shows and exhibits manager for Chevrolet and Hummer. Now I not saying Scott doesn't know what he's saying how ever former is former. I served in the military but I too am not by any means a liaison for the military nor is Scott a viable place for info. So what I'm saying is "who really knows who's right and who's wrong...
Well GM will answer that question next year."

What is the deal with July 22? Not trying to change the subject but keep seeing the date poppin up on other sites.

See you on the road in early 2009!
Drive save & fast!
And if you're along for the ride...
"Shut up, keep your head on a swivel, and watch out for cops!"

http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro/multimedia/
Old 07-12-2008, 01:18 AM   #157
Beyond Limits
Pushin a rock...

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_n_veins View Post
I work at a Chevy dealership and I recently spoke w/ the GM rep for the west coast about this very topic and simply put…
Oh come on... do you really think that GM is going to have a sit and chat about what their plans are for the Camaro with the factory reps and disclose information to them that they have been working so hard to keep secret so that they could inturn run out and tell all their dealerships who inturn come out like this and make silly claims about future production vehicles that almost no "official" information has been release about yet?

And if you truly believe that I have a big red bridge for sale you might be interested in...
Old 07-12-2008, 01:20 AM   #158
octane_n_veins

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
Just for future reference, Leftlane News is a little hit-or-miss. There have been a number of Camaro articles they've posted that have been just plain wrong, like saying the Z28 has never been higher than the SS. They are also pretty import-biased, especially their readership, if the comment sections are any good sampling. Anyway unfounded rumors make their way through organizations all the time, so while I don't doubt at all that the sources here are GM employees, perhaps even senior GM employees, that doesn't mean they're directly in the decision making group for the Camaro. I deal with this all the time at my work. We're just about to start on a major overhaul and expansion for one of our properties, and the rumors are flying. Many of them are true, many are close to true, many used to be true, and many are just out of left field. Things change all the time, people gossip (yes even execs) and sometimes things are misunderstood. I totally understand the trust you're placing in these sources, but luckily this time we can breathe a sigh of relief as they have been addressed by someone we know is extremely close to the project.
And may say simi close.

Drive save & fast!

Old 07-12-2008, 01:21 AM   #159
Beyond Limits
Pushin a rock...

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
What is the deal with July 22? Not trying to change the subject but keep seeing the date poppin up on other sites.
That's the date that has been set to unveil the production Camaro to the dealerships. Ask your factory rep...
Old 07-12-2008, 01:27 AM   #160
flaguy

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Spring Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond Limits View Post
That's the date that has been set to unveil the production Camaro to the dealerships. Ask your factory rep...

Haha I love it
Old 07-12-2008, 01:28 AM   #161
octane_n_veins

Quote:
Oh come on... do you really think that GM is going to have a sit and chat about what their plans are for the Camaro with the factory reps and disclose information to them that they have been working so hard to keep secret so that they could inturn run out and tell all their dealerships who inturn come out like this and make silly claims about future production vehicles that almost no "official" information has been release about yet?

And if you truly believe that I have a big red bridge for sale you might be interested in...
NOw Now. Thank you for the offer on the badge but I don't beleive I'll be needing it. OF I course think leaks get out, "loose lips sink ships." But what is a better way to find out what the public thinks without askin. And I didn't see the dudes in the pics with the Camaros hidin in the bushes. They were all out in the open like the "rumors". Sure some pics were from a distance aka Spyshot but others were up and personal.

Drive save & fast!

Old 07-12-2008, 01:31 AM   #162
octane_n_veins

Cool

I get the point ya'll but I'm inline with everybody else just waitin for the Camaro. But I diffently ain't pissin on anybody's leg and and tellin them it's raining.
Quote:

Drive save & fast!

Old 07-12-2008, 01:33 AM   #163
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
I don’t know about this front fascia… I really liked the smooth front fascia on the concept and the first IVER Camaros. Now, the silver supposed SS looks good but I just don’t know about those new cheekbones on the fog lamps??? I’m saving finale judgment for now… I will say this; it still looks like ‘The All Mighty Street Fighter”…

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
Old 07-12-2008, 01:34 AM   #164
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
nor is Scott a viable place for info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
it still looks like ‘The All Mighty Street Fighter”…
Old 07-12-2008, 01:40 AM   #165
octane_n_veins

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post

Sorry Dragoneye. No offense.
"I too am not by any means a liaison for the military."

Drive save & fast!

Old 07-12-2008, 01:42 AM   #166
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Sorry Dragoneye. No offense.
"I too am not by any means a liaison for the military."
Don't apologize! (well...for being offensive, anyway)
I didn't take offense. I just found that to be a rather curious statement...
Old 07-12-2008, 02:50 AM   #167
lucerovski

Drives: '02 Earnhardt Monte Carlo SS
Send a message via MSN to lucerovski
I might be the only person on the board that detests the grille; both this blacked-out one and the one on the original concept. It looks like cheap plastic and I've never warmed up to its chunky look.

I'd much rather have one that looks like this. (NOT the rest of the mods, just the grille!)
Old 07-12-2008, 03:04 AM   #168
454lsxss

Drives: 07 Scion tC. for now...
Just curious did anyone see this pic???

Closed Thread