Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-03-2013, 06:28 AM   #1
kostnkost
Roof expert detail noob

Drives: 2013 BRM 2LT RS
Sirius XM = Worst company ever!

I thought this Sirius XM horror story was over, I guess not. Bought my car on September 30th, and with the purchase of the new car came a free year subscription to Sirius XM. Of course 3 months roll by, and right before New Years they deactivate my radio. Long story short, they activate my radio after a few dozen calls to the dealership and Sirius. They give me a "Trouble Ticket" number as well after this fiasco, so this will never happen again.

Fast forward to today, and Sirius deactivates my radio yet again. I call up and give them my trouble ticket number, and after a half hour with their customer service, the gentleman patches me to a higher up. This woman tells me that instead of getting my extra 7 months free, we can bill you for a year at half price because they can not get their techs at the moment to give me the extra months that I am entitled to. Now I am boiling! Why on earth would I pay for something that is free?? She then puts me on hold for another 15 minutes, and comes back and says she can only give me 2 months free, and then give me another 5 months next week. Yeah ok.....
I then ask for her name and number, and she won't give it to me lol. I ask for a higher up's number and she won't give me that either? I am asking for these so when I call I do not have to jump through hoops like I did last night for 50 minutes just to get some answers.

Now I totally understand the game that this company plays as they want to basically infuriate the customer enough so he/she says - "F" it just charge me and forget about the extra 7 months. 9 times out of 10 people probably wouldn't even call back. I used to be that way, but once I hit 40 something changed. I hate getting ripped off!

I am posting this as I know there are a few others out there with the same problem and I also had to vent. Is there a worse company out there??
Old 03-03-2013, 06:34 AM   #2
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
They are pathetic, they really are. Just wait for the sales calls now. After I canceled service...I would get a sales call maybe once a month, then 2-3 times a month, then weekly, then 2-3 times a week, then daily, finally they were calling me 2-3 times a day. Every time they called since when they were calling me once a month I told them to stop calling me. Told them I sold my Camaro. Told them they have the wrong number. Finally I threatened to sue them for harassment and I haven't heard from them since. Whenever you get rid of the service tell them not to call you or you will sue. Save yourself the headache.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:36 AM   #3
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
You would think this is something GM would get involved in but I bet not.
Brandon, want to respond ?
Old 03-03-2013, 06:38 AM   #4
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/A6 cammed-n-whippled
No, there is no worse customer service out there...they are by far the worst. It takes forever to get anything accomplished over the phone and they dont seem to really care if you have issues or do anything to make you happy. I've gotten online surveys to fill out to "rate their performance, but the links never seem to work (or they expire in 24hrs, before i can get on and tear them apart)...they are a joke.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:40 AM   #5
kostnkost
Roof expert detail noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
You would think this is something GM would get involved in but I bet not.
Brandon, want to respond ?
The first incident that happened to me, my salesman did get involved and called them and actually got my trouble ticket number so this wouldnt happen in the future. I do have to give them credit for that.

My belief is that Sirius just does not give a rats ass about anybody since they are basically the only satellite radio company out there. If they had some competition, then something might change. Just my take.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:40 AM   #6
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Lmao look at their customer service reviews. Out of 677 votes the average is 1.2 stars...for this poll you have to at least put 1 star ...so basically they are rated at .2% approval lol.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/home_...cs/sirius.html
Old 03-03-2013, 06:41 AM   #7
biggerisbetter
lll

Drives: 2010 camaro ss L99
they are pretty s**tty. i said screw it and listen to pandora now
DYNATECH LT 1 7/8 HEADERS, CATLESS MID PIPES, CORSA CATBACK, CAI. COLD AIR INTAKE w/ SCOOP, 1LE 3:91 GEARS, LETHAL RACING PROWLER CAM, LETHAL RACING DYNO TUNE, ENERGY CRADDLE BUSHING INSERTS, PADDLE SHIFTER RELOCATE KIT, 449RWHP/438TQ
APPEARANCE
COPO HOOD, ZL1 SPOILER, SLP BLACKOUT PANEL, PLASTI DIP WHEELS, HERITAGE GRILL, RETRO SS EMBLEMS, WEATHER TECH FLOOR MATS, ORANGE STITCHING
biggerisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:42 AM   #8
kostnkost
Roof expert detail noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
Lmao look at their customer service reviews. Out of 677 votes the average is 1.2 stars...for this poll you have to at least put 1 star ...so basically they are rated at 0 lol.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/home_...cs/sirius.html

Now that is pathetic!
Old 03-03-2013, 06:45 AM   #9
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Let's make fun of sirius now...here is their CEO

Old 03-03-2013, 06:48 AM   #10
kostnkost
Roof expert detail noob

Laughing all the way to the bank.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:14 AM   #11
biggerisbetter
lll

Drives: 2010 camaro ss L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostnkost View Post
DYNATECH LT 1 7/8 HEADERS, CATLESS MID PIPES, CORSA CATBACK, CAI. COLD AIR INTAKE w/ SCOOP, 1LE 3:91 GEARS, LETHAL RACING PROWLER CAM, LETHAL RACING DYNO TUNE, ENERGY CRADDLE BUSHING INSERTS, PADDLE SHIFTER RELOCATE KIT, 449RWHP/438TQ
APPEARANCE
COPO HOOD, ZL1 SPOILER, SLP BLACKOUT PANEL, PLASTI DIP WHEELS, HERITAGE GRILL, RETRO SS EMBLEMS, WEATHER TECH FLOOR MATS, ORANGE STITCHING
biggerisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:27 AM   #12
csjcsj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggerisbetter View Post
they are pretty s**tty. i said screw it and listen to pandora now
Did you hear the news about pandora? Only 40 hours of free music a month now, after that that start charging like $.99 an hour or something like that!
Old 03-03-2013, 07:55 AM   #13
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostnkost View Post

nah, sirius never took off they way they hoped it would, even after going out an giving dumptrucks of money to people like Stern. not long after they went public the stock tanked and still hasn't come back up.

Last edited by jd10013; 03-03-2013 at 09:42 AM.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:59 AM   #14
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
Most of my new vehicles have had something in them that was a grab for my credit card number as part of the sale.

Never let it happen.
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote