Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-20-2018, 06:40 AM   #1
ninja4hire

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue SS
Question about SS alignment

So I just had the Eibach E10-23-018-01-22 Pro-Kit installed on my SS, and of course after dropping the car you need an alignment. However it looks like the Alignment shop that I went to, may have used the wrong setup. From what I understand the Gen 6 SS uses FE3 and they did an alignment based on the V6 FE2. (note: I know very little about what I'm talking about )

My question is, does this matter? To me it looks like my camber is kinda crazy. The left rear is basically maxed at -1.8. I think I'm going back after work today, to have them re-do it.
Attached Images

ninja4hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 07:31 AM   #2
Alpha1BC

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
What are you planning to do with the car? If you're just driving on the street, the factory FE3 alignment in this thread will be just fine.

If you're tracking the car, you might want to consider getting the track alignment specified on page 3 of this document.

Overall your existing alignment should be OK to drive normally on since your tow is so close to 0, but I do find it odd that they put that much negative camber on the rears and not on the front.
Old 06-20-2018, 07:44 AM   #3
ninja4hire

Thanks for the links.

I don't plan on tracking the car any time soon, so just driving around specs should be fine. I will probably still go back after work, since the shop is a few blocks from my house.
Old 06-20-2018, 09:06 AM   #4
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Also worth noting....there is almost never a situation where you want more camber in the back of the car. What's odd is how the "before" shows drastically more camber on the left side of the vehicle.

Do you know if someone was sitting in it or something like that?
Old 06-20-2018, 09:16 AM   #5
ninja4hire

From what I saw nobody was in the car at the time, but I only saw the last 10 minutes or so of them aligning it. I wonder if my new springs are causing any issues.

I feel like leaving work early now and going back to both shops. It's gonna be a long day...
Old 06-20-2018, 10:50 AM   #6
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
-2 front

-1.5 rear good to go lol
Old 06-20-2018, 11:34 AM   #7
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja4hire View Post
From what I saw nobody was in the car at the time, but I only saw the last 10 minutes or so of them aligning it. I wonder if my new springs are causing any issues.

I feel like leaving work early now and going back to both shops. It's gonna be a long day...
It's possible that you need to "time" the bushings. With drop springs, you've preloaded the bushings in the suspension, you need to get it up on a rack, loosen the bolts w/ bushings, and jounce the car a little bit, then retighten the bolts.
Old 06-24-2018, 05:09 PM   #8
Chef-j

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha1BC View Post
What are you planning to do with the car? If you're just driving on the street, the factory FE3 alignment in this thread will be just fine.

If you're tracking the car, you might want to consider getting the track alignment specified on page 3 of this document.

Overall your existing alignment should be OK to drive normally on since your tow is so close to 0, but I do find it odd that they put that much negative camber on the rears and not on the front.
So in RWD car, more camber in front? Sorry, my last RWD car was back in 2008 lol
Chef-j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 11:21 AM   #9
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef-j View Post
So in RWD car, more camber in front? Sorry, my last RWD car was back in 2008 lol

yes sir
Old 06-26-2018, 05:51 AM   #10
Chef-j

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
yes sir
thanks
Chef-j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 03:06 AM   #11
MakCamaro
Makis

Drives: 2020 Red Hot ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha1BC View Post

Sorry, I have to resurrect the thread. I lowered the car using the BMR springs and I am going for an alignment next week. Are the FE3 specs on the first link recommended by the factory for daily/normal street driving of the 2SS?
MakCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote