Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-06-2010, 07:26 PM   #1
Maurdib

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2LT/RS Auto
Why didn't Chevy offer this color

I was actually going to get the Bumble Bee Edition, but that yellow, I just couldn't pull it off. Why didn't they stick to the movie color , I like that hood aswell, and those rims
Old 05-06-2010, 07:29 PM   #2
JrsCustoms

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Can you help me? I'm trying to start a new thread and can't figure it out.......Thanks
JrsCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:31 PM   #3
zlwebb

Drives: 2010 Camaro
The hood and wheels look like the ZL575 package
zlwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:31 PM   #4
Maurdib

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2LT/RS Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrsCustoms View Post
Can you help me? I'm trying to start a new thread and can't figure it out.......Thanks
Top Left Corner "New Thread"
Old 05-06-2010, 07:55 PM   #5
JEFF2010SSMANUAL
JEFF2010SSMANUAL

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurdib View Post

I was actually going to get the Bumble Bee Edition, but that yellow, I just couldn't pull it off. Why didn't they stick to the movie color , I like that hood aswell, and those rims
I asked the same question. I was going to get yellow(like Bumblebee) but they didn't really offer a real Bumblebee pkg IMO.
JEFF2010SSMANUAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:58 PM   #6
blackZbandit

Drives: BLACK ON BLACK 2012 CAMARO SS
That is a special color, like sunrise yellow metallic or something like that that would run you about 10k to have a shop do... just not cost effective to do on the Camaro though I'm sure they could've achieved a similar effect (a'la RJT). As for the hood look for the upcoming Z/28 to have one very similar. The wheels were supposed to be a 21" option available from chevy, but you can get them in 20" from SLP now

****Thanks to Silver Streak for the pic I used to make this sig****
blackZbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:01 PM   #7
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Check out the Arizona Bumble Bee ... That car is friggin AWESOME ...

Post #117

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ble+bee&page=5
Old 05-06-2010, 09:11 PM   #8
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurdib View Post

You do realize that paint job cost almost $15,000. Would you be willing to pay an extra $15,000 and the extra $900 (almost $16,000 total) to have a TF edition if GM did that? No, I didn't think so either.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:54 PM   #9
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
This subject comes up quite often.

The color is Valspar "Shimrin" Paint - "Sunrise"

.....code PCB30 as I recall.........

In order to get the true "glow" that Bumblebee has requires special primer and multi-coats of paint.

It's quite expensive-- I believe one of our Canadian owners paid north of 5K for the materials.....

Now - could we get 'close' to it? Probably - but it would not have that 'glow' --meaning that it COULD end up looking not unlike a block of cheddar...........

One particular bodyshop owner didn't like my answer and said he could paint them for less than I'd stated.......the problem is that we would have to paint them at "line rate" and the assembly plant is simply not set up to do custom types of paint such as this.........
Old 05-07-2010, 01:56 AM   #10
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Now - could we get 'close' to it? Probably - but it would not have that 'glow' --meaning that it COULD end up looking not unlike a block of cheddar...........
That would go over BIG in Wisconsin, trust me.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:05 AM   #11
hollywoodGU

Drives: 1999 Firebird Formula
Cuz its a paint job that cost over 10 grand...that would but most of the 2SS models over 50k...doubt that would sell
hollywoodGU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 06:40 AM   #12
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
well we know about the cost of THAT paint.....ok.....and having had a YELLOW car since 2002, BUT I personally think the car would look a LOT better had they used the same color as the Corvette....its a bit deeper and IMO look a lot nicer.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:20 AM   #13
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
This subject comes up quite often.

The color is Valspar "Shimrin" Paint - "Sunrise"

.....code PCB30 as I recall.........

In order to get the true "glow" that Bumblebee has requires special primer and multi-coats of paint.

It's quite expensive-- I believe one of our Canadian owners paid north of 5K for the materials.....

One particular bodyshop owner didn't like my answer and said he could paint them for less than I'd stated.......the problem is that we would have to paint them at "line rate" and the assembly plant is simply not set up to do custom types of paint such as this.........
I get all of that and it makes sense ,but why did they use the yellow from the cobalt when the yellow on the corvette is much more appealing and would be more suited for the camaro. That's why I didn't get yellow because I wanted the yellow from the corvette that's a lot more suited for this type of car. I'm sure cost had everything to do with it. I know just ranting a little. I would pay the extra for a different color in a heartbeat.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 07:23 AM   #14
hollywoodGU

Drives: 1999 Firebird Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I get all of that and it makes sense ,but why did they use the yellow from the cobalt when the yellow on the corvette is much more appealing and would be more suited for the camaro. That's why I didn't get yellow because I wanted the yellow from the corvette that's a lot more suited for this type of car. I'm sure cost had everything to do with it. I know just ranting a little. I would pay the extra for a different color in a heartbeat.
cant please everyone! Just cuz you would be willing to pay the extra 325 (or whatever it would be) for yellow paint doesn't mean everyone would. If GM offered every color that every customer would find ideal there would be thousands of colors.
hollywoodGU is offline   Reply With Quote