Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-03-2018, 06:05 PM   #1
Warrior102

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE Black
Launch control question, 2SS 1LE 6sp

I have searched this site and the web and have come up with nothing decisive, I have found that only autos have this feature and Youtube videos demonstrating how to do it on a manual transmission, all very confusing. That said I followed the instructions and have not been able to enter that mode on my vehicle. Is this even possible with a manual transmission or am I wasting my time? Thanks in advance.
Warrior102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 06:27 PM   #2
Peelam

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS, Jet Black, M6
Yes it is possible. I have done it in my 16 1SS M6. You have to be in Sport or Track mode(will not work in Touring or Snow/Ice). While at a standstill with the wheels straight press the Traction Control Button twice. It will display "Competitive Mode Enabled" on the DIS.

Then floor gas(wait for RPM to settle around 4K), release clutch(don't dump it, release quickly) and hold on.

Not sure if the Gen5's have it but the Gen6 does.
Old 10-03-2018, 06:40 PM   #3
Warrior102

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE Black
Thanks Peelam, I'm pretty sure I tried that but I'll try it again, I haven't been able to enter the "competitive mode" yet.
Warrior102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 09:35 PM   #4
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peelam View Post
Yes it is possible. I have done it in my 16 1SS M6. You have to be in Sport or Track mode(will not work in Touring or Snow/Ice). While at a standstill with the wheels straight press the Traction Control Button twice. It will display "Competitive Mode Enabled" on the DIS.

Then floor gas(wait for RPM to settle around 4K), release clutch(don't dump it, release quickly) and hold on.

Not sure if the Gen5's have it but the Gen6 does.
My 2013 ZL1 M6 has it. Convertibles (at least Gen 5) don't have the PTM's.

For Gen5 launch control, tap the traction control button twice quickly.
With the clutch pressed to the floor, SLAM the loud pedal to the floor. If you just press it fast, it won't work. SLAM it.
The engine will rev to a RPM determined by several factors. It's not a set rpm. Mine usually revs to about 3,800 rpm.

You are nor ready to launch it. Again, keep the loud pedal to the floor even while shifting. Don't worry, the engine will not over rev. It's called 'no lift shift'.

Have fun.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 10:11 PM   #5
Frankie18SS

Drives: 18 Camaro 2SS, 07 Saturn Ion
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
You are nor ready to launch it. Again, keep the loud pedal to the floor even while shifting. Don't worry, the engine will not over rev. It's called 'no lift shift'.

Have fun.
The engine has to be at a minimum of 5000 rpms for the no lift to activate. Check out the Ask Al section about the No Lift shifting.

And as others have said, don't dump the clutch... It just wants to spin...a lot