Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 02-14-2014, 05:19 PM   #29
1bad1le

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Steve, I recently put a tvs2300 on my 2013. I have a feeling a Monster is in my future.
1bad1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 06:01 PM   #30
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad1le View Post
Steve, I recently put a tvs2300 on my 2013. I have a feeling a Monster is in my future.
Give us a shout tomorrow and we'll get you taken care of.
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 06:15 PM   #31
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno LSX View Post
Yah I have it. For the money it doesn't feel or operate anything close to stock. It's not smooth at all. It just slips a little as you let the clutch out then all of the sudden it grabs. Either the car dies out or the car launches like a bat outta hell. I need to get ahold of Hendrix and find out if that normal for the triple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -
I was warned about the "driveabilty" hmm, maybe I should consider something else. Thanks for the input.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 06:27 PM   #32
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 2 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrayo View Post
I was warned about the "driveabilty" hmm, maybe I should consider something else. Thanks for the input.
Blufin on here has the twin SS clutch and loves it. He wanted me to drive it but I didn't. Since mine got smoked last time out.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:46 PM   #33
ducatisl
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS 6m
Location: Fort Walton Beach...surrounded by da** pickup trucks I can't see around!
Which one? I'm contemplating going back to a heavier flywheel and thought I'd just replace the whole clutch and go with a simpler single disk setup, not that the ACT is needing replacing, although it does look abused, it still works well after 3 hard years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch View Post
FYI guys, we just had a guy make 980 rwhp on a single disc last night.
Procharged F1A-94 on a 416 LSA block, Callies/Manley/Scat/Melling/Cloyes/ARP/Ferrea/Landspeed/Hi-Ram/FIC/Tick/Alky/ Strange/QA1/DSS/BMR/RPS/Tilton/GZM/Fore/AEM/ATi/JGS etc., built/tuned by me and Innovative Street Technologies
'Mo's Seemingly Endless Build Thread
ducatisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:19 PM   #34
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Yah I have it. For the money it doesn't feel or operate anything close to stock. It's not smooth at all. It just slips a little as you let the clutch out then all of the sudden it grabs. Either the car dies out or the car launches like a bat outta hell. I need to get ahold of Hendrix and find out if that normal for the triple.

I can state this is not normal... My triple carbon clutch drives about like stock with a slightly stiffer clutch pedal... even at my power level it holds everything we've thrown at it...No chatter, very smooth to engage and disengage.. I hope Thomas can help you get it sorted out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrayo View Post
Drivability is amazing... I know someone spoke up for the ACT twin, and it may be a different model, but my ACT twin was an on off switch... It chattered a lot.. I can't say it didn't hold the power as I never really had a chance to try it out... It was horrible... even after we got it back from ACT...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:40 PM   #35
2SS45th

Drives: 11 Seconds or Faster
I'm just somebody now?

2SS45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:23 AM   #36
ducatisl
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS 6m
Location: Fort Walton Beach...surrounded by da** pickup trucks I can't see around!
LOL, should be plural: I spoke up for the ACT clutch as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS45th View Post
I'm just somebody now?
Procharged F1A-94 on a 416 LSA block, Callies/Manley/Scat/Melling/Cloyes/ARP/Ferrea/Landspeed/Hi-Ram/FIC/Tick/Alky/ Strange/QA1/DSS/BMR/RPS/Tilton/GZM/Fore/AEM/ATi/JGS etc., built/tuned by me and Innovative Street Technologies
'Mo's Seemingly Endless Build Thread
ducatisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 10:01 AM   #37
grocerygetter
instigator

Drives: 2020 6.2 Trail Boss, 2022 XC90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin2010 View Post
I have a 6 speed manual now and wondering if i should spend the money for a good clutch or put it towards an auto
I would go with good clutch first. If you have trouble racing it and being consistent...if that is what you are after...switch to a 4l60/80 build. If you are really focused on racing a th400. If you want a fast street car and want to do more than go straight fast, keep the stick. There are some really good clutch suggestions/vendors here.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:02 PM   #38
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatisl View Post
Which one? I'm contemplating going back to a heavier flywheel and thought I'd just replace the whole clutch and go with a simpler single disk setup, not that the ACT is needing replacing, although it does look abused, it still works well after 3 hard years.
Our 11" Iron setup, we added some boost to the car and it actually eclipsed 1000 rwhp last night... it's a single that holds the power, it's not going to be polite.

That said, we've got a twin that works and provides great drivability and longevity. Call us and we'll get you taken care of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grocerygetter View Post
I would go with good clutch first. If you have trouble racing it and being consistent...if that is what you are after...switch to a 4l60/80 build. If you are really focused on racing a th400. If you want a fast street car and want to do more than go straight fast, keep the stick. There are some really good clutch suggestions/vendors here.
Very well said!

If you want to be consistent with a manual you're going to have to do a LOT of practicing. I've done it, and so have many others. Possessing the "driver mod" is critical in a manual car and it's only obtained by practice.
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 03:25 PM   #39
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS45th View Post
I'm just somebody now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatisl View Post
LOL, should be plural: I spoke up for the ACT clutch as well.
Sorry guys...

Yes these two spoke up for the ACT as they have had great success with them...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 07:15 PM   #40
H-E
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin2010 View Post
I am curious of everyones opinions on the best clutch to buy. Looking for one with as close to stock pedal feel as i can get with no chattering on release that will hold up 800-1000 hp. Thanks for any info
Give us a call we have a clutch that has been proven to fit your needs.We have the only floater plate that wont warp,the only carbon clutch which is also fully rebuildable .The only clutch with the material IN the flywheel. Drives great and will hold a ton of power..The BEST clutch I would say would be the Street Slayer ,not the cheapest but the Best ..Call anytime ill be glad to help you out.
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 07:19 PM   #41
H-E
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
I can state this is not normal... My triple carbon clutch drives about like stock with a slightly stiffer clutch pedal... even at my power level it holds everything we've thrown at it...No chatter, very smooth to engage and disengage.. I hope Thomas can help you get it sorted out...

Drivability is amazing... I know someone spoke up for the ACT twin, and it may be a different model, but my ACT twin was an on off switch... It chattered a lot.. I can't say it didn't hold the power as I never really had a chance to try it out... It was horrible... even after we got it back from ACT...
THANKS!
Old 02-15-2014, 07:22 PM   #42
H-E
Account Suspended

Quote:
I have the Street Slayer triple and don't like it very much. It's to "touchy" and doesn't seem streetable to me.

You have something going on for sure.The triple drives great and shouldnt give you any issues at all.Give me a call and lets see whats going on...Call anytime and lets get you squared away