Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-04-2011, 10:01 PM   #1
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Added Resonated X-Pipe (with vids)

Hey everyone. Just thought I would share a couple vids of the latest mod i've done in my quest to get a sound I am happy with out of my car. Some of you may know that when I added the American Racing LT headers to my car I was extremely unhappy with the sound. The car became extremely loud, raspy and ricer sounding. I mulled through a ton of options and rather that replacing my entire catback I decided to try out a resonated x-pipe from Magnaflow. My entire set up is as follows

MBRP Catback Exhaust (t304 stainless)
American Racing LT Headers w/ high flow cats
Magnaflow 2.5" resonated x-pipe
Airaid v2 CAI

Driving Windows Up:

For some reason when I try to embed these I just get white boxes...

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune

Last edited by DevilKnightFalcon; 02-06-2011 at 05:08 PM.
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:07 PM   #2
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
How much change from before did you get and did it do the trick?
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:38 AM   #3
DevilKnightFalcon

Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
The difference is HUGE. It had completely changed the sound of the car. If you look at my YouTube page there are videos of it from right after when I got the headers. This gave it a much lower tone for brought the volume down a lot. My biggest problem before was that when I did a cold start on the car it literally sounded like the worst rice burner o have ever heard. This definitely fixed that problem and I am much happier with the sound however I would still like a way to go more of a throaty low pitched rumble out of it like I had on my old 2000 V6 Mustang.

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
Old 02-05-2011, 11:54 AM   #4
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilKnightFalcon View Post
The difference is HUGE. It had completely changed the sound of the car. If you look at my YouTube page there are videos of it from right after when I got the headers. This gave it a much lower tone for brought the volume down a lot. My biggest problem before was that when I did a cold start on the car it literally sounded like the worst rice burner o have ever heard. This definitely fixed that problem and I am much happier with the sound however I would still like a way to go more of a throaty low pitched rumble out of it like I had on my old 2000 V6 Mustang.
Yeah, mine had the low rumble masked by boom at low speeds, going to try mrtv2 and that should help.Magnaflows to muffled.
I have a question. judt did the fues pull after injen install just to clear out all the old crap but got the cel. I forgot the pull/replace sequence.I did 5 and 20, and put in 20 then 5. Tried again but put back 5 then 20 no luck.It worked before but not now. Guess I jsut need to drive it awhile.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:00 PM   #5
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Much better!.....I listened to one of your original vids with just the LTs and MBRP and there is a big difference.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:18 PM   #6
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbee View Post
Yeah, mine had the low rumble masked by boom at low speeds, going to try mrtv2 and that should help.Magnaflows to muffled.
I have a question. judt did the fues pull after injen install just to clear out all the old crap but got the cel. I forgot the pull/replace sequence.I did 5 and 20, and put in 20 then 5. Tried again but put back 5 then 20 no luck.It worked before but not now. Guess I jsut need to drive it awhile.
I fixed it
Old 02-05-2011, 01:15 PM   #7
DevilKnightFalcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Much better!.....I listened to one of your original vids with just the LTs and MBRP and there is a big difference.
Ya it definitely sounds much much better however now I have a problem. This morning when I got in and started driving I am getting a weird buzzing sound when I floor it. I don't think it has to do with the exhaust actually, I think it's just resonating at just the right frequency that there is something buzzing a little. You can only hear it inside the car. Probably just a loose screw or something. Oh well...another day another project lol

Old 02-06-2011, 10:15 AM   #8
ron8879

Drives: 2018 Camaro RS
i agree...I would see if you have something touching the exhaust under the car...maybe the driveshaft tunnel brace...the stock one is thin enough it could be causing a buzzing sound....
ron8879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:10 AM   #9
DevilKnightFalcon

I figured it out. It wasn't something with the exhaust I just had something in my trunk (where my sound system is) that needed to be tightened. Problem solved.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:09 AM   #10
DON_RAFA
NY5THGEN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS/A6/SIM/IO
I'm glad I found this, I'll be getting the resonator to fix my BBK LT and MBRP cat-back rasp.
DON_RAFA is offline   Reply With Quote