Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-18-2013, 01:45 PM   #1
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Trading L99 Maybe???

Im still not 100% decided but 2 weeks ago i found out im a soon to be father. I have nieces n nephews and in my car i have no issues putting baby seats. Now these kids are about 2+. The question i have been asking myself since i know toddlers need the backward facing seats if they would fit in the back of the 5th gen. My wife has been telling me the first 6 months she doubts we'll be riding in my car. So this has had me looking into the Chargers. Now, only if i can take out an SRT8. I still like the 5th gen more.

What do you guys think? Honest opinions welcomed.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
slomaro3.4

Drives: SS/RS L99 Crew
Family > cars. Talk with your wife and figure out a solution that works for you both (and the little guy/gal too). Remember you can always get into a project car with them down the road for bonding
Old 08-18-2013, 02:25 PM   #3
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Family first - always! If you can't afford to keep the Camaro and get a more suitable child-friendly ride, I guess it has to go. Nothing says the C-F car has to be a new one... just one with more room and probably four doors. There should be lots of used choices out there that may be afordable without having to ditch the Camaro.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:55 PM   #4
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by slomaro3.4 View Post
Family > cars. Talk with your wife and figure out a solution that works for you both (and the little guy/gal too). Remember you can always get into a project car with them down the road for bonding
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Family first - always! If you can't afford to keep the Camaro and get a more suitable child-friendly ride, I guess it has to go. Nothing says the C-F car has to be a new one... just one with more room and probably four doors. There should be lots of used choices out there that may be afordable without having to ditch the Camaro.

So true. Thanks guys. Yea im really considering keep this ride. I will start looking for a used car i can buy cash.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
Old 08-18-2013, 11:12 PM   #5
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
yea, look for a cheap good four dour. I have a impala too but my wife has a four door for the kids that she likes . I hate to ask but double your wife have a car?
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:13 PM   #6
Biscuitpie

Drives: '11 Cammed LS3, '14 Scion FRS
Get an SRT8 Jeep or TBSS

SOLD with a Z06 in the not too distant future: Cammed, boltons, axles, lowered, and more. | 476 WHP
Biscuitpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:35 PM   #7
IowaGuy

Drives: 2013 Cyber Gray Metallic Chevy Volt
chevy SS?
IowaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:11 AM   #8
Aldo68

Drives: 11 Camaro 2SS/RS, 87 Monte Carlo SS
First Congrats!!!
My kids normally don't ride in my car because my wife has an SUV and we normally get around in it in the weekends, but a backward facing car seat is definitely possible. I roll like that sometimes. Only suggestion is place it in the passenger side because it prevents the driver seat from leaning back to the cool position lol. Lastly, a backward facing car seat is only needed for the first year.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:53 AM   #9
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
What does your wife drive?

You can just use her car for long trips and use yours for around town or when it's just you. A rear facing seat will easily fit into the Camaro, you just have to have the passenger seat all the way forwards. As long as she has a family car I wouldn't worry too much about making a decision right now. Save up right now then when the baby comes try it out for a month or two and if need be by a good used car.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:53 AM   #10
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
yea, look for a cheap good four dour. I have a impala too but my wife has a four door for the kids that she likes . I hate to ask but double your wife have a car?
Lol she does a 2010 camry. I guess im being selfish. I kinda dont want to go cold turkey on the camaro for 6th month to a yr. I guess rhat my beiggest concern.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:57 AM   #11
Fiveg56

Drives: -
I'm sure it's possible, but you get tired of putting a car seat in the back of a Camaro pretty quick.
Fiveg56 is offline   Reply With Quote