Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Autos For Sale / Wanted

Old 11-04-2009, 08:55 AM   #1
pharmd
Master of Medicine

Drives: 4th Gen
Feeler-TVS'd Cam'd L99 547rwhp...still 20+mpg

My wife has really suffered with no decent car as a result of me modding everything we have. I hate to do it, but I think the only fair thing to do is to sell the Camaro, and get her a reasonable vehicle. I am considering trading in the Camaro after demodding maybe, but seems like a shame to pull off the parts when the package works so well together.

Here is what we have...CGM 2SS/RS L99 most options exc sunroof. 10,000 miles on it (vacation, MTI fun fest, car shows and drove it to work some) MTI TVS 1900 @ 8psi, Livernois Stage 1 L92 cam, ARH 1 7/8" headers with cats, stock mufflers (for quiet cruising). Car makes ~547rwhp/504rwtq thru the Auto. Drivability is "stock-like", it sounds good, has a little cam sound, but doesn't chop too hard, and MPG at a steady 75 on the interstate is 22+ (depending upon what part of the US your in ...ie mountains or not).

The car has clear shield paint protection on all forward facing area's, hood, mirrors, rockers, bottom of rear 1/4 panel. It has Llumar UV block film owindshield (its essentially clear, but reduces in-car temps and blocks UV to prevent dash fading and cracking). Flat black cut vinyl on the mailslot, gills, bowties and rear area around bowtie. The car has been zaino'd, since new, and gets washed regularly, with Z-6 applied after every wash. Garage kept.

I also have ALL documentation from purchase, Window sticker, plastic that was on seats, etc EVERYTHING that was on the car, when it came off the truck from GM, I have kept. So if you show'd the car, you could put it all back on and make it look like it just rolled off the truck. I did the original detail work on the car, not the dealer.

This car is fast, fun, sounds good, and is still quite practical.

Asking: $49K

Old 11-04-2009, 10:10 AM   #2
klatterblast

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ssrs blk.
thats a lame exuse to sell that car dont do it!
klatterblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 05:52 PM   #3
pharmd
Master of Medicine

Quote:
Originally Posted by klatterblast View Post
thats a lame exuse to sell that car dont do it!
Easy for you to say, you don't live with her.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:08 PM   #4
1 BAD RS 2 SS

Drives: 2010 RS 2 SS
D-mod and keep the car ..
1 BAD RS 2 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:14 PM   #5
pharmd
Master of Medicine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 BAD RS 2 SS View Post
D-mod and keep the car ..
She won't even go for that...she wants a SUV....

I'd like to trade this as is, for a low mileage SUV (good MPG preferred) and a decent 4th gen camaro SS (white or silver)...if anyone is interested.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:56 PM   #6
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmd View Post

I'd like to trade this as is, for a low mileage SUV (good MPG preferred) and a decent 4th gen camaro SS (white or silver)...if anyone is interested.
Is it possible that you're trading one evil for another? You want a modified Camaro. She wants a truck. Do either of you need what you want?

It is obvious that you care very much for your wife. That makes you a good husband. Despite this otherwise good trait, I'm concerned that you're making a bad decision. I'm hoping that you're confronted with this decision because you are not as attached to you Camaro as so many of us—those of us who only have them in dreams included—already are. If you aren't attached, then you're making a good decision. You would be backing away from a fast car but not a car that really makes you as happy as possible for the funds and function that you have in mind. If you are, however, attached, I worry that you are not being yourself with your wife.

Allow me to speak from experience. I am going to marry a girl in March who has reluctantly come to terms that I have a passion about performance vehicles in general. She tolerates that I will spend money on a machine even though she does not understand the desire to spend on products when the car comes complete and functional. She did not like this at first, and I'm sure that she's not thrilled about it now, but we've come to a compromise that I can pursue my performance dreams in a Camaro so long as I can provide for my family. It was an easy compromise since family always comes first. At the end of the day, I hope you're happy selling the Camaro. I'm sure that you'll have a happy buyer. :seesaw: I just don't want you to sell it, everyday resenting your wife's used TrailBlazer because you had to sell the best car you've ever owned to buy it for her.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:25 PM   #7
talwell

Drives: 1969 LS1 Camaro
Very nice looking car - this was my second choice of colors.

Unfortunately I think the price is on the high side. You can build a brand new car with the same mods for less than this price. You may find someone that wants to get it already done, but I think it is best to just return the car to stock and sell the mods for some extra cash.
talwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:04 AM   #8
tradosaurus
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 F150 Lariat, Candy Red
Quote:

Be a man and tell her what YOU want.

She is supposed to serve you not the other way around.
tradosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:59 PM   #9
pharmd
Master of Medicine

Quote:
Originally Posted by talwell View Post
Very nice looking car - this was my second choice of colors.

Unfortunately I think the price is on the high side. You can build a brand new car with the same mods for less than this price. You may find someone that wants to get it already done, but I think it is best to just return the car to stock and sell the mods for some extra cash.
You'd think so, but not really, pricing my car with TTL, plus just the parts (no including the installation labor) is just over 50K...that's doing all the mods yourself, not including installation and dyno tune. I'm sure if you "know a guy" here and there you could get it cheaper, but most will pay close to this.

But a price is a price, which is a starting point of negotiations. I really hate to have to demod and take all this stuff back off. But it may be what I end up doing.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:52 PM   #10
talwell

Drives: 1969 LS1 Camaro
Quote:
You'd think so, but not really, pricing my car with TTL, plus just the parts (no including the installation labor) is just over 50K...that's doing all the mods yourself, not including installation and dyno tune. I'm sure if you "know a guy" here and there you could get it cheaper, but most will pay close to this.

But a price is a price, which is a starting point of negotiations. I really hate to have to demod and take all this stuff back off. But it may be what I end up doing.
I never picked up a wrench on mine (I dont have the time to work on it) and my car has all the listed mods this car has and a few more. My car puts out 604rwhp and fully loaded 2SS RS with polished wheels, sunroof, accented interior, stripes and all mods my price tag was still under $50k.

Just for comparison sake - my car is running the TVS 2300 (a little costlier than the 1900), Robofab CAI, Crane Cam w. custom grind, full head work (springs, retainers, pushrods, etc) pinned crank, full header back Stainless Steel Works exhaust (most expensive), fuel system upgrades including BAP & custom 80lbs injectors and custom dyno tune. With this being said, I dont know how the cost of a $37k car can be increased over $50k with just these upgrades. Also, you cannot really factor in your TTL into the price as whoever buys the car from you will have to pay that again and it will be even higher now with an increased sale price.

When you mod a car you can usually see $.50 on each $1.00 spent for upgrades. I think it your case, it would be best to sell the upgrades that you did to the car as you will most likely get a higher return on the sale of them then with the car combined.

I see you have over 10k miles on the car - congrats on enjoying the car. The only problem of returning to stock is that you will really not be very satisfied with the stock performance of the car at that point. You are kind of stuck in a lose - lose situation.

Last edited by talwell; 11-06-2009 at 09:02 PM.
talwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 01:33 PM   #11
pharmd
Master of Medicine

Quote:
Originally Posted by talwell View Post
I never picked up a wrench on mine (I dont have the time to work on it) and my car has all the listed mods this car has and a few more. My car puts out 604rwhp and fully loaded 2SS RS with polished wheels, sunroof, accented interior, stripes and all mods my price tag was still under $50k.

Just for comparison sake - my car is running the TVS 2300 (a little costlier than the 1900), Robofab CAI, Crane Cam w. custom grind, full head work (springs, retainers, pushrods, etc) pinned crank, full header back Stainless Steel Works exhaust (most expensive), fuel system upgrades including BAP & custom 80lbs injectors and custom dyno tune. With this being said, I dont know how the cost of a $37k car can be increased over $50k with just these upgrades. Also, you cannot really factor in your TTL into the price as whoever buys the car from you will have to pay that again and it will be even higher now with an increased sale price.

When you mod a car you can usually see $.50 on each $1.00 spent for upgrades. I think it your case, it would be best to sell the upgrades that you did to the car as you will most likely get a higher return on the sale of them then with the car combined.

I see you have over 10k miles on the car - congrats on enjoying the car. The only problem of returning to stock is that you will really not be very satisfied with the stock performance of the car at that point. You are kind of stuck in a lose - lose situation.
congrats on a good deal...
car (sticker price)36,600 x ttl=38,796K
TVS 1900 (MTI kit, not standard kit: cnc ported intake, upgraded heat exchanger, billet tensioner, cost of 2 smaller pulleys)-
7495+ 200=7695+ tax=$8156
ARH catted headers $1799+ tax=$1907
cam-399 + tax=$422
springs, pushrods, AFM delete kit=600+tax=4636
CAI-399+tax=$422
Cut vinyl + clear shield + UV windshield film + tint=$900
Tune=$500
Install=$1000
$52739

The price may or may not be a little high, but as I stated the price is a starting point. As long as I'm able to get up of a morning and thank God for another day, its never a losing situation.

Thanks for your comments.
Old 11-07-2009, 02:18 PM   #12
lawdogg149

Drives: Corvette ZO6 CSR edition #47
Good luck bro. Was really hoping to see yall again in April in South GA. Sell another ride keep the camaro. Only my suggestion.
lawdogg149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 04:08 PM   #13
pharmd
Master of Medicine

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdogg149 View Post
Good luck bro. Was really hoping to see yall again in April in South GA. Sell another ride keep the camaro. Only my suggestion.
If things work out, I'll still be there in a camaro...just not a 5th gen.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:58 PM   #14
PatrickfromMD

Drives: Buick Enclave/Corvette/2010 Camaro
Quote:
If things work out, I'll still be there in a camaro...just not a 5th gen.
I'm bummed
I just saw this

Please dont tell me you are getting her a 335I

***56K miles and still going strong***
2SS/RS IOM ext w/cyber grey stripes, tinted windows, IO int Auto
ProTorque prototype Converter, Chuck Mosello of Westchester Corvettes Custom Tune
T&T installed SLP Longtubes, Powerflow X Pipe, and Powerflow axle back
JL 10W3 in custom side sub box, new door tweeters, Alpine 5ch 600 watt
T&T configured ACS front Fascia w/ heritage grill, splitter, dual color halos, , led markers, taillight bezels , all accented in CGM
Gary Custom Z vented fenders. Vararam ver 2
PatrickfromMD is offline   Reply With Quote