Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 08-12-2018, 05:34 PM   #15
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Ground Effects Package Installed at Factory on 2010 Models where argent gray metallic
Attached Images

PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.

Last edited by spyderbuddy; 08-12-2018 at 05:46 PM.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 05:40 PM   #16
Arkangel-77

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderbuddy View Post
Ground Effects Package Installed at Factory on 2010 Models where argent gray metallic

Thank you Sr - I figured someone would know! =)

THANKS A BUNCH
Old 08-12-2018, 07:00 PM   #17
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderbuddy View Post

Hmmmm Interesting. Looks mighty close to the naturel dark grey plastic of my ZL1 ground effects/splitter. And I know mine aren't painted.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 07:31 PM   #18
spyderbuddy

From the GM performance Catalog

GM PERFORMANCE

Search by Part Number

Home 2010 Chevrolet Camaro All Accessories Search Results For Accessories
SEARCH RESULTS
2010 CHEVROLET CAMARO
CHANGE VEHICLE

Ground Effects Kit
Ground Effects Kit
Part Number: 92248596 Browse more in ACCESSORIES
Other Names: Molding Kit
Description: Dark argent metallic finish (models built after 09-19-2010). This product replaces 92243969.
DISCONTINUED
Ground Effects
Ground Effects
Part Number: 92248560 Browse more in ACCESSORIES
Description: Dark argent metallic finish. This product replaces 92243971.
DISCONTINUED
Ground Effects
Ground Effects
Part Number: 92243971 Browse more in ACCESSORIES
Description: Dark argent metallic finish. This product replaces 92208008.
DISCONTINUED
Ground Effects Kit
Ground Effects Kit
Part Number: 92243969 Browse more in ACCESSORIES
Description: Dark argent metallic finish.
DISCONTINUED
Graphics Stripes, Hockey Stick Stripes
Graphics Stripes, Hockey Stick Stripes
Part Number: 92227581 Browse more in ACCESSORIES
Other Names: Stripe
Description: Bodyside hockey stick stripe kit, white.
DISCONTINUED
Spoiler, Rear
Spoiler, Rear
Part Number: 92225532 Browse more in ACCESSORIES
Description: High wing, cyber gray metallic (without rpo code d80).
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:02 PM   #19
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
A Camaro with factory optioned ground effects was shipped without rocker panels or diffuser. The parts were placed in the trunk and the dealer was compensated by GM to paint and install them.
The splitter made the Camaro too low to load on the transporters.

I had a picture of a Camaro on a transporter sans GFX, but, like everything else in life, it was lost over several new PCs. Or it may still be here but I just can't find it.
Anyway, it did look odd. But it cost less than ordering the parts later because GM gave a credit for the stock rockers and diffuser.

Now, if the Camaro was shipped without the GFX and you wanted the GFX, they could be ordered seperately and the dealer would be obliged to paint and install the parts and return the stock rocker panels and diffuser to you.

And if your Camaro has unpainted factory ordered GFX the dealer ripped you off for about half the cost of the package.
Old 08-14-2018, 06:58 PM   #20
spyderbuddy

First year (2010) Camaro's With Ground Effects Did Not come painted.
And The way you can tell if the car came Came From the Factory With Ground Effects is the tag in the Trunk will have the VTD code.

And BTW unless the truck with my car on it stopped somewhere to put the kit on it, it came from the factory with the Ground Effects on it, Sans the front Splitter.

I had to wait on them to put it on at the Dealership, and somebody from Atlanta was sent down to put it on.
Attached Images

Old 08-14-2018, 06:59 PM   #21
spyderbuddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post
A Camaro with factory optioned ground effects was shipped without rocker panels or diffuser. The parts were placed in the trunk and the dealer was compensated by GM to paint and install them.
The splitter made the Camaro too low to load on the transporters.

I had a picture of a Camaro on a transporter sans GFX, but, like everything else in life, it was lost over several new PCs. Or it may still be here but I just can't find it.
Anyway, it did look odd. But it cost less than ordering the parts later because GM gave a credit for the stock rockers and diffuser.

Now, if the Camaro was shipped without the GFX and you wanted the GFX, they could be ordered seperately and the dealer would be obliged to paint and install the parts and return the stock rocker panels and diffuser to you.

And if your Camaro has unpainted factory ordered GFX the dealer ripped you off for about half the cost of the package.
!They DID NOT come painted the First Year!
Old 08-14-2018, 07:07 PM   #22
spyderbuddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post
It's on the RPO sticker under the mat on the left side of your trunk.
That would be the paint code for the Camaro U 637R

Cyber Gray Metallic

Not the Color of the Ground Effects Kits
which was Dark argent metallic finish
Old 08-14-2018, 08:22 PM   #23
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
I'm guessing the ground effects on the ZL1 are different in that the side skirts, and front splitter on my 2013 ZL1 are dark grey, have never been painted, never a stone chip or mark in 6 years and 41k miles.

In addition, when I bought the car, I had clear bra (Avery Nanofusion) applied to the front facia, the mirrors, and the gill area for $900. This did not include covering the front splitter as the installer said he could include the splitter for another $200 but it didn't make sense to cover it since it's not painted.

Either way, the dark grey looks perfect on a black car, and I love it. I wouldn't have it painted if I could.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote