Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 09-30-2019, 11:55 AM   #1
C Man

Drives: 2018 White Convertible Camaro ZL1
Looking for a new GM Dealership - So pissed at Dean Myers incompetence

I'll post my Google Review below if anyone wants to read it. In short... I spent 3 DAYS at the dealership for an oil change and alignment and they got them both wrong.

So I'm looking for another Chevy dealership that can deal with a ZL1. I use special oil for the track and a race prepped alignment as suggested in the owners manual.

Anyone happy with a Performance oriented GM dealership in the GTA. I live at Yonge and the #401 so the closer the better.

---------------
Here is the review from Google:

I drive a performance Chevrolet vehicle that requires special service requirements.

I went in for an oil change and alignment.

Re: the oil change. I discussed the correct oil:
- at time of booking
- the day before the booking
- with the Service Advisor

Re: the alignment.
- I showed the supervisor the correct alignment specs in my car manual. She took a picture of it
- I left the car manual on the dash flipped to the alignment page

I picked up the car the following day and looked at my bill. It stated the WRONG oil on the bill. The warranty could have been voided if I experience engine issues with the wrong oil. Lucky I was able to catch it before I left. So they had to waste my time redoing the oil change a second time.

While changing my oil the second time, I requested the printout for the alignment specs. Following the oil change, without telling me, they put it in another bay to redo the alignment as they found out they used the wrong specs. Again, if I didn't ask, they would have let me go without me knowing the better.

I was now at the dealership for 2.5hrs and needed to leave. A typical alignment takes less than an hour to do. Not sure why it was taking so long. So I left and told them I would be back in the evening.

I came to find my car ready for me to pick-up. I retrieved my keys, went to my car and found an alignment printout on my seat next to the manual. Again, the alignment readout was way off the GM Specs. They had actually used the specs of the wrong vehicle.

I went in and spoke to Chris, the Service Manager. I asked to be compensated for lost time by having a free oil change. He never apologized for any of these issues but agreed. He asked me to keep the car over night to redo the alignment. I said I needed the car for the next day at 11am. So I went home. 11am comes and goes... I get to the dealership, and it took another 1.5hrs to get the car out.

The key alignment spec was done correctly, so I left with the car. Got on the highway and the steering wheel was misaligned and the car pulled to the left.

I decided to go to another shop. Alignment was done in less than an hour, and the car drives beautifully.

I called Chris at the dealership. I said that I didn't trust the service department, and that instead of getting my future oil change covered... I wanted to get refunded for the current one. I also wanted to be refunded for my improper alignment. He basically said that he would only refund the alignment.

The key issue here is that you expect that the dealership service department is better than your local mechanic. If I did not have any knowledge of how a car worked, I would have left the dealership with improper oil (super critical for engine life) and an improper alignment (causing increased tire wear).

I sent an email to the General Manager last week. I also left him a message. I have not heard anything back.
Old 09-30-2019, 12:48 PM   #2
G8One2

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
Yep, that's generally the kind of experience I've had with various dealerships. Unfortunately, I've come to the conclusion that dealerships are hacks and I wouldn't let them touch my car unless I absolutely had to. Sad to hear you too, had bad dealer experience.
G8One2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 04:29 PM   #3
C Man

I heard good things about Wilson Niblett from a few guys.

I guess I'll have to try them.

I went in to get the refund for the alignment that the Service Manager, Christopher Fleming offered me and he said he would only give it to me if I removed the negative post on Google.

I couldn't believe it. For such a small amount of money, he risks even more negative reviews... as this has gotten me all fired up now.
Old 10-07-2019, 07:59 PM   #4
Blackls3ss

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
Highland chev in aurora they have some good techs and if you see Kevin the service advisor he’s a car guy too so he will make sure it’s done right
Blackls3ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 10:51 PM   #5
deano9666

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
Ive had a run in with them also, looking for warranty on my 15 silverado, while shopping for a zl1, very incompetent !

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Man View Post
I'll post my Google Review below if anyone wants to read it. In short... I spent 3 DAYS at the dealership for an oil change and alignment and they got them both wrong.

So I'm looking for another Chevy dealership that can deal with a ZL1. I use special oil for the track and a race prepped alignment as suggested in the owners manual.

Anyone happy with a Performance oriented GM dealership in the GTA. I live at Yonge and the #401 so the closer the better.

---------------
Here is the review from Google:

I drive a performance Chevrolet vehicle that requires special service requirements.

I went in for an oil change and alignment.

Re: the oil change. I discussed the correct oil:
- at time of booking
- the day before the booking
- with the Service Advisor

Re: the alignment.
- I showed the supervisor the correct alignment specs in my car manual. She took a picture of it
- I left the car manual on the dash flipped to the alignment page

I picked up the car the following day and looked at my bill. It stated the WRONG oil on the bill. The warranty could have been voided if I experience engine issues with the wrong oil. Lucky I was able to catch it before I left. So they had to waste my time redoing the oil change a second time.

While changing my oil the second time, I requested the printout for the alignment specs. Following the oil change, without telling me, they put it in another bay to redo the alignment as they found out they used the wrong specs. Again, if I didn't ask, they would have let me go without me knowing the better.

I was now at the dealership for 2.5hrs and needed to leave. A typical alignment takes less than an hour to do. Not sure why it was taking so long. So I left and told them I would be back in the evening.

I came to find my car ready for me to pick-up. I retrieved my keys, went to my car and found an alignment printout on my seat next to the manual. Again, the alignment readout was way off the GM Specs. They had actually used the specs of the wrong vehicle.

I went in and spoke to Chris, the Service Manager. I asked to be compensated for lost time by having a free oil change. He never apologized for any of these issues but agreed. He asked me to keep the car over night to redo the alignment. I said I needed the car for the next day at 11am. So I went home. 11am comes and goes... I get to the dealership, and it took another 1.5hrs to get the car out.

The key alignment spec was done correctly, so I left with the car. Got on the highway and the steering wheel was misaligned and the car pulled to the left.

I decided to go to another shop. Alignment was done in less than an hour, and the car drives beautifully.

I called Chris at the dealership. I said that I didn't trust the service department, and that instead of getting my future oil change covered... I wanted to get refunded for the current one. I also wanted to be refunded for my improper alignment. He basically said that he would only refund the alignment.

The key issue here is that you expect that the dealership service department is better than your local mechanic. If I did not have any knowledge of how a car worked, I would have left the dealership with improper oil (super critical for engine life) and an improper alignment (causing increased tire wear).

I sent an email to the General Manager last week. I also left him a message. I have not heard anything back.
deano9666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 04:53 PM   #6
extraurban

Drives: Junker
Don't deal with Dean Myers - just a bunch of kids and deadbeat "managers".

There's an independent shop 5 minutes from there called Quality Automotive, John and his staff know their cars, and know how to help race-prep stuff without any of the dealership BS.
extraurban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 07:31 AM   #7
C Man

Scammers got what was coming to them

https://insolvencyinsider.ca/filing/...ers-chevrolet/
Old 03-05-2020, 06:59 PM   #8
prod

Drives: HHR
Yup, but apparently customers in process of buying have lost their deposits, hope GM can help them.
prod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 11:46 AM   #9
Monte04ss

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Another vote for Wilson Niblette they worked on my Vette and was very happy with them. they also do lots of track day stuff, so might be able to talk your talk.

stay safe out there
Monte04ss is offline   Reply With Quote