Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-30-2013, 09:45 PM   #589
MikeL

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesignAlot View Post
Well... took the plunge and ordered a used onstar with bluetooth box. Also ordered a new antenna, as I did not believe the box would come with one after asking many sellers on ebay. Wasted $25 on the antenna, as the onstar box came with one. Hooked it all up, my galaxy s4 works gteat with it. Shows my contacts / phonebook and everything!!! Used onstar came from a 2011 Buick with only 7k miles... same part number though, and cost $104 with shipping from ebay. I am very happy!
Any issues with the OnStar light in your car? Sorry I Haven't kept up on these threads but I remember that being an issue awhile back, it would come up red instead of the usual green or something.
MikeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:36 PM   #590
Hard Parker
OMWTFYB

Drives: ZL1
can someone PM a quick update as I would like to the PDIM and Bluetooth addition dependant on price of course

Click HERE to follow my build!!
Click HERE to follow me on Instagram

#savethemanuals
Hard Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:27 PM   #591
DesignAlot

Drives: 2019 Shadow Gray 1SS M6
No light problems yet... took another family car to Disney world. I did hit onstar button, it began to call them, but I hung up as I had other things to do... I will get back to you Sunday or Monday when I am back and try to transfer my account...
Old 02-06-2014, 02:48 PM   #592
CallmeMacc

Drives: 2010 Black LS
So from what I understand if i can find a used bluetooth module then all i have to do is pay for the subscription after getting it installed? Is there or isn't there an issue with the box previously being activated?

Side note this is my first car what does the current on star do in my LS that seems like a waste that it doesn't allow me to make hands free calls. Thanks in advance for any responses
CallmeMacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:53 PM   #593
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynnaz View Post
Does anyone know if the 2010 Camaro Onstar module Gen8 can be switched out to the newer module Gen 9? The reason is, anyone with a 2010 Camaro can not use the Onstar App on their phone, this was only available starting in 2011. I called Onstar, and of course they had no clue what I was talking about.
Doesn't work that way. OnStar will not update their system to reflect that so you won't get any functions of the app.

First retrofitted 2014 mylink.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:42 PM   #594
BUMBLE-B-TUNA

Drives: 2010 SS
Ok, so I've read through this thread and want to buy the Bluetooth off eBay and plug it in for my phone. I have a 2010 1SS with steering controls that have been updated. Can I buy any Bluetooth vcim or do I need a certain part number? Will this work:

BLUETOOTH ONSTAR RECEIVER 20842731 VCIM Module OEM NEW
JRE 470 RWHP Rough Idle Cam & Tune, Stainless Power LT Headers w/cats, Dynatech exhaust (no drone baby) CAI Intake, 4.10 Gears, JRE Posi Mod, JRE Billet Caps, LPW Diff Cover, Pfadt Diff Bushings, MGW Shifter, SJM Line-lock and bald tires.

Last edited by BUMBLE-B-TUNA; 02-09-2014 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Brain fart
BUMBLE-B-TUNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:51 PM   #595
BUMBLE-B-TUNA

OK, so I went back to the beginning and answered my own question....duh
JRE 470 RWHP Rough Idle Cam & Tune, Stainless Power LT Headers w/cats, Dynatech exhaust (no drone baby) CAI Intake, 4.10 Gears, JRE Posi Mod, JRE Billet Caps, LPW Diff Cover, Pfadt Diff Bushings, MGW Shifter, SJM Line-lock and bald tires.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:17 PM   #596
BUMBLE-B-TUNA

Well I installed both modules and now I have Bluetooth for both music and phone calls. Works great with no problems so far. Thank you to everyone who figured this stuff out
Old 04-14-2014, 05:38 AM   #597
alexbarabas

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUMBLE-B-TUNA View Post
Well I installed both modules and now I have Bluetooth for both music and phone calls. Works great with no problems so far. Thank you to everyone who figured this stuff out
May have missed something here but what about the mic???

I have no interest in Onstar but I'd really like to have full bluetooth support (music and calls) on a 2011 1SS.
alexbarabas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 05:05 PM   #598
alexbarabas

Bump for needing more info... I've got a 2011 1SS and am going full USB/Bluetooth/Controls route. What modules will work? Also, do I need a mic or anything else for the hands free?
Old 05-06-2014, 10:43 PM   #599
Hard Parker
OMWTFYB

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbarabas View Post
Bump for needing more info... I've got a 2011 1SS and am going full USB/Bluetooth/Controls route. What modules will work? Also, do I need a mic or anything else for the hands free?

I wanna say our SSs come with mic's...that's how we speak to Onstar.....I am also interested in the doing the same? What would be the easiest method

Click HERE to follow my build!!
Click HERE to follow me on Instagram

#savethemanuals
Hard Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:21 PM   #600
alexbarabas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom SS View Post
I wanna say our SSs come with mic's...that's how we speak to Onstar.....I am also interested in the doing the same? What would be the easiest method

I just ordered most of the parts and will put together a professional install video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-31-2014, 12:57 PM   #601
Squishy

Drives: 2016 camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbarabas View Post
I just ordered most of the parts and will put together a professional install video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheres that video video at buddy??
Squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 03:13 PM   #602
justjoshin

Drives: 2010 SW 1SS L99 Camaro
Love this site! Installed mine today and now i have hands free calling. Best part is the ebay seller GAVE the module for $FREE!!! Said Merry Christmas.