Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 07-02-2015, 03:19 AM   #15
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by trodecke View Post
My wife also says that about our 2011 Sport Unlimited. I'm not certain what that means. I'm a fairly large guy so the drivers seat of the Wrangler isn't all that comfortable for me anyway (unless the doors are off) but I've not noticed that it was difficult to press the gas peddle down. The only real annoyance I have with it is that it seems to be geared to move back and forth between 3rd and 4th right at highway speeds.
Mine was a Sahara Automatic transmission. Unlike you I'm 5'4 so I had to stretch my leg further and with the gear problem that you mentioned things were even more uncomfortable.

Also, I feel that the pedal is not tall enough to cover the foot and its stuck to the right corner. Its more like a clutch. I have to complain about this because I have an injured right ankle. Others may not see it as a problem at all.
Old 07-02-2015, 03:35 AM   #16
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I've owned 3 Jeeps, all had less than stellar reliability by a long shot..had to sell two of them when the dealer just threw up their hands and said they couldn't fix it.( both had transmission issues) They wouldn't even get the factory envolved, so I got pissed and traded them. The third one I had back to the dealer 7 times in 6 months with different issues. I haven't bought a Chrysler product since and never will. From the reliability ratings they have now I see things haven't changed a lot.
Man !! I have to admit that you have a bad luck with Jeep. After buying the wrangler I've never returned back to the dealer apart from the free oil change.

Jeep has two major fan clubs here and they go camping and dune racing every weekend in the empty quarter desert. You can never imagine what kind of abuse those cars go through in that place and still I only see positive feedback especially with Pentastar equipped models.

Some of my colleagues still drive the early 90s models and their resale values are good !!
Old 07-02-2015, 05:47 AM   #17
McBeevee
220/221 whatever it takes

Drives: See sig....
Congrats OP!
My wife and I picked up a GC Altitude back in January and she absolutely loves it. Post up a couple more pics if you get a moment.

2022 BMW X5 M50i
2022 Ram TRX
2021 GT500 CFHP
2016 Challenger Hellcat A8 1058whp/898wtq
1970 Chevelle SS396 4spd
McBeevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 07:49 AM   #18
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Must say that I recently rented a Cherokee and the fit, finish and interior was very, very nice. So nice that my colleague and I commented on it more than once. Congrats OP

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 08:36 AM   #19
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Gray View Post
Man !! I have to admit that you have a bad luck with Jeep. After buying the wrangler I've never returned back to the dealer apart from the free oil change.

Jeep has two major fan clubs here and they go camping and dune racing every weekend in the empty quarter desert. You can never imagine what kind of abuse those cars go through in that place and still I only see positive feedback especially with Pentastar equipped models.

Some of my colleagues still drive the early 90s models and their resale values are good !!
I forgot I owned 4 Jeeps, the only one I didn't have transmission problems out of, a 76 CJ7 (pre Chrysler) with a GM turbo 400 transmission. Only problem I had with that Jeep was rust..
Old 07-02-2015, 09:16 AM   #20
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizaro View Post
Need interior pics to validate claims
Here you go sir. Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Nappa Beige Leather and Zebrano wood inserts interior.
Attached Images

Old 07-02-2015, 09:19 AM   #21
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Satisfied View Post
Congrats OP!
My wife and I picked up a GC Altitude back in January and she absolutely loves it. Post up a couple more pics if you get a moment.
OK. I really loved the black rims that come standard on the Altitude
Old 07-02-2015, 09:27 AM   #22
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
Must say that I recently rented a Cherokee and the fit, finish and interior was very, very nice. So nice that my colleague and I commented on it more than once. Congrats OP
Thanks. I do confirm your statement. It didnt take me a long time to make a decision on the Overland. Nothing is cheap in that car.

The paint job is superior. Leather and wood interior combination is perfect.

I enjoy driving it.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:31 AM   #23
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I forgot I owned 4 Jeeps, the only one I didn't have transmission problems out of, a 76 CJ7 (pre Chrysler) with a GM turbo 400 transmission. Only problem I had with that Jeep was rust..
The only explanation I can think of at the moment for what happened to you is (The production line team of the car that you bought on that day were on party the night before)
Old 07-02-2015, 09:31 AM   #24
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
i actually rode in one of these yesterday, a lot nice than I was expecting. congrats on the new ride.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:34 AM   #25
Sapper12b
HTCC Member

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Jeep is under estimated and are beautifully well done. Especially with the air ride suspension that can raise or lower the vehicle for high speed travel or off road capabilities.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:24 AM   #26
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Gray View Post
The only explanation I can think of at the moment for what happened to you is (The production line team of the car that you bought on that day were on party the night before)
Well 3 out of 4 is not a good track record in my opinion.... I came close to buying a new Cherokee, I mentioned it in another thread but I just couldn't get myself to do it.
They do look nice, and my CJs were mountain Goats off road, but they soured me off the brand when I gave into my wife and bought a Liberty.

Good luck with yours and keep us informed, hell who knows I may take the plunge again. But I need solid evidence they have turned the reliability corner.
Old 07-02-2015, 12:55 PM   #27
c5Legend
Camaro5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Looks good, the SRTs are beasts..

I have heard of reliability issues with these cars though(saw an article where it was one of the worst).

My Build
'11 Chrysler 300 Limited / '10 Camaro 2LT
c5Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 03:13 PM   #28
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by c5Legend View Post
Looks good, the SRTs are beasts..

I have heard of reliability issues with these cars though(saw an article where it was one of the worst).
Well according to Edmunds it received 3 stars out of 5 for reliability but mainly for 2012 reported issues not 2015.