Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 09-25-2011, 08:06 PM   #1
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Post MAPLE CRUISERS' 2011 FINAL SHOW

Maple Cruisers'

2011 SEASON

FINAL SHOW

SUNDAY OCTOBER 2, 2011

START @ 6PM

Location: Canadian Tire, 3200 Rutherford Rd. & Hwy 400, Maple, Ont. (east of Wonderland)
Old 09-25-2011, 11:17 PM   #2
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
DE
PRESS
ING
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:30 AM   #3
BadAssBumbleBee

Drives: 2010 Callaway SC572
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
DE
PRESS
ING
Yeah I know, but the question is, are you going to the show or are you going to sit and sulk while you're pulling your winter clothes out of storage ?

I'll probably head out as long as it's not raining (or snowing)..........besides, the cool night air should make a little more power
BadAssBumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:14 AM   #4
SQUALO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssBumbleBee View Post
Yeah I know, but the question is, are you going to the show or are you going to sit and sulk while you're pulling your winter clothes out of storage ?

I'll probably head out as long as it's not raining (or snowing)..........besides, the cool night air should make a little more power
Let's hope it doesn't rain, I'm willing to wear a winter coat if I have to, for the last show.

Were you there last night?
Old 09-26-2011, 11:58 AM   #5
BadAssBumbleBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUALO View Post
Let's hope it doesn't rain, I'm willing to wear a winter coat if I have to, for the last show.

Were you there last night?
No, I had my nieces over last night so I couldn't make it out.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:24 PM   #6
TJ91

Quote:

lmao this baby doesnt go for storage until late Novemeber
Ill be there with my winter jacket Apparantly well have a low of 5 degrees or less on the weekend

Pzeros + Cold Weather =
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
Old 09-26-2011, 01:46 PM   #7
BadAssBumbleBee

Quote:
Ill be there with my winter jacket Apparantly well have a low of 5 degrees or less on the weekend

Pzeros + Cold Weather =
OK, it looks like there will be at least three of us in our winter jackets........we just need to find a sacrificial Mustang to burn for a few hours after the sun goes down
I'm hoping the Pzeros + Cold Weather + Blower don't =
Old 09-26-2011, 03:45 PM   #8
SQUALO

Quote:

Pzeros + Cold Weather =
Why put a date on it, just wait it out.
As long as we have a MILD & DRY fall/winter I'll still take my out once and a while.

Quote:
No, I had my nieces over last night so I couldn't make it out.
Understandable.
Let's hope we get a half decent day/night for the last show; I wouldn't mind the weather to be like this past Sunday.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:07 PM   #9
Steves ss

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Black
I herd that it was to be nice all month. So keep driving.
Steves ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:17 PM   #10
Steves ss

Winter storage

Last winter washed and cleaned, put 2 inch foam board under the wheels, put cover on. Is there anything else i should do in the future.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:35 PM   #11
Burnt_RS

Drives: '10 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steves ss View Post
Last winter washed and cleaned, put 2 inch foam board under the wheels, put cover on. Is there anything else i should do in the future.
I did the same (used 2" high density pink foam under the tires) and also covered.

You can add fuel stabilizer to your tank and run it for 10 mins or so to get it into the engine/intake tract. I also start mine every 3 weeks/1 month to keep the seals in the engine lubricated. I let it run until the fan kicks on and back off, then shut the car off. I never used a battery charger or tender last year and had no issues.

edit: you can also take it back and forth a few times in the driveway after the car is dry. This will take off any surface rust on your brake disks (from the water) and prevent them from creating a 6 month crust between them and your brake pads. (I avoid an actual road drive to minimize the dust/dirt that will be between my paint and cover for the winter.)
Burnt_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:02 PM   #12
SQUALO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steves ss View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt_RS View Post
I did the same (used 2" high density pink foam under the tires) and also covered.

You can add fuel stabilizer to your tank and run it for 10 mins or so to get it into the engine/intake tract. I also start mine every 3 weeks/1 month to keep the seals in the engine lubricated. I let it run until the fan kicks on and back off, then shut the car off. I never used a battery charger or tender last year and had no issues.

edit: you can also take it back and forth a few times in the driveway after the car is dry. This will take off any surface rust on your brake disks (from the water) and prevent them from creating a 6 month crust between them and your brake pads. (I avoid an actual road drive to minimize the dust/dirt that will be between my paint and cover for the winter.)
Everything you guys mentioned is pretty good, everyone has a different choice for what goes under the tires.
I've talked to a lot of people, including mechanics, about starting your car once in a while. Advice was, unless you plan on driving it, don't bother, just starting it and letting it idle for a while, doesn't do enough, as far as lubricating the cars components.

Here's my check list, not in any paticular order:

1) Fuel stabalizer
2) Disconnect negative battery terminal (prevent battery drain).
3) Stuff steel wool into the tail pipes, so nothing crawls in.
4) Wash your car before storage.
5) Leave old oil in the car and change it in the Spring. (Clean oil will break down just the same, then you'll have contaminents in it...wasted money).
6) Cover your car with a HIGH QUALITY car cover that reaches right down to the ground for full coverage, preferrably made of heavy cotton, which won't move around. (Hugger Covers is the best Canadian Co.). http://www.huggercovers.com/

I think that about sums it up, but if I remember something else, I'll update it.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:47 PM   #13
Steves ss

Thanks. Great info.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:00 PM   #14
TJ91

how did this thread turn into a storage thread?!

Guess it was my fault LOL